Cats and Dogs

Chapter 28

The next day, with a grin, Sirius jumped up and stood on the Gryffindor table and announced in the Great Hall, while most of the school was eating breakfast, that he and Amilia were in love and going out. Amilia hid her head in embarrassment, while James, Remus, and Peter clapped, shouted, and cheered.

Lily was patting on Amilia’s back and whispered, “Welcome to my world.” to Amilia with a grin.

Lena Holmes stood up in a heated rage, pulled out her wand, and threw a curse at Sirius, which sent him flying off the table and onto the floor. Amilia pointed and laughed, “Good to know that even though we’re going out you’re attitude towards me hasn’t really changed.” Sirius grumbled at Amilia as he slowly stood up.

“It’ll only change a little.” Then Amilia added, “Hot-stuff.” and winked.

Sirius’ eyes widened in surprised and then he grinned devilishly, “Well, I could get used to that!” And he leaned over and placed a heated kiss on Amilia, causing everyone else to cringe and making Amilia pull away, shaking her head, though she had a grin.

“It’s about bloody time, anyways.” Remus stated and everyone else nodded in agreement.

On the other side of the hall, in the Slytherin table, Regulus had his eyes on his plate. “What did you do?” Yaxley stated, angrily. “The plan was to-”

“I know what the plan was.” Regulus stated firmly, annoyed at Yaxley.

“Then? Why did you let her slip!” Nott hissed angrily.

“Look, I can’t help it if she’s a typical girl who doesn’t know what she wants until she doesn’t have it. What do you want me to do? Curse her into liking me?” Regulus hissed, his expression turning into a dark anger.

“That’s what you were supposed to be doing with your supposed charm!” Mulciber slipped in.

“Look,” Avery’s cool voice interjected, “It wasn’t a full-proof plan. It was a long shot. Regulus’ job to win Amilia’s heart and trust for our own reasons wasn’t an easy task.”

“Hm, well, what now? We know her and her friends have caught the interest of that old cracked-pot, Dumbledore. That’s what are parents said anyways. And what about her brother, the Auror? Regulus didn’t get any information on him.” Parkinson stated coldly.

“Well, she was more of a physical kind of girl.” Regulus stated causing the other’s to smirk.

“It doesn’t matter. You failed to get any information on anything.” Yaxley stated, making Regulus glare at him. “You had the perfect opportunity… Sister of one of the strongest Aurors… and she’s bound to get recruited by Dumbledore for the army he’s building up.”

“What’s done is done.” Avery stated firmly, ended their discussion on that matter. “We’ve still got the second plan.” All eyes landed on Snape who sat with them, but didn’t say a word. Feeling all eyes on him, Snape looked up, his expression clouded and dark.

~~~

“So, what do you want to do? Do you want to go to Hogsmead on Friday? Want to go on a private tour of the castle?” Sirius wiggled his eyebrows. “Or something else, for the Lady?”

I laughed lightly, “I think we’re pretty much passed the part where you have to impress me. It’s okay for us to just be around each other doing whatever and I think we should tell Lily about everything, and yeah we can still go out on actual dates, of course, but the point is-”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Stop. Back up a little,” I took a step back and Sirius rolled his eyes. “No, that’s not what I meant. Er, what was that about Lily?”

I sighed and my shoulders fell a little, “I’ve been thinking a bit about it, and well, I’m not saying we should be the ones to tell her. But I’m going to talk to James about it.”

“About what?” Sirius asked with tension.

I crossed my arms, “Lily’s completely in the dark! Whenever we’re talking in code about stuff, she has no idea what we’re saying!”

“Er, that’s sort of the point, love.”

I rolled my eyes at his new pet name for me, it was sickening. Now I knew how Lily felt whenever James called her Lily-Flower. “We’re all friends. Best friends, are we not? But we’re keeping this huge secret about our lives from her. It would be better we told her ourselves rather than her finding out on her own. She’ll be beyond pissed if she finds out we’ve been lying to her.”

“That’s exactly why we shouldn’t tell her!”

“Lily is a brilliant girl! She’s bound to find out! Especially since her and James are together. She’s been noticing more and more about Remus’ weird behavioral patterns!”

Sirius sighed heavily and ran his fingers through his hair, “Fine.” I grinned. “But you have to be the one to tell James and the others! Not me!” Sirius stated firmly.

~~~

“Hey, guys?” Sirius got all the guys’ attention in the common room. Lily was in the library, getting some books for Ancient Runes, and we were all alone. “I’ve been thinking,”

“Oh, I’ve told you not to do that!” I stated with a smirk. I couldn’t help it.

Sirius sent me a deathly glare. “What I mean to say is… AMILIA THINKS WE SHOULD TELL LILY ABOUT EVERYTHING!!” I gasped at Sirius’ betrayal.

All eyes flew to me.

“Are you mental?!” James shouted. “Tell her about Remus?”

“And you guys… and the map… and maybe the cloak…” I mumbled.

“You are mental!” James declared.

“Just hear me out,” I stated and I turned to Remus who was quiet. “Remus, of course, this mainly is your choice. But, we have to consider Lily as well. She’s James’ girlfriend, my best friend and a close friend of Sirius, Peter, and you. And yet… she knows nothing. You know she’s been noticing your behavior when it gets close to a full moon. She’s going to put the pieces together, and what do you think she’ll be more upset about? You being a Lycan or the fact that we have been lying to her, or more importantly, that we haven’t trusted her? I mean, Merlin’s beard! This is Lily we’re talking about! Do you actually think she’ll look at you differently? That she wont be your friend anymore, or that she’ll tell our secret to Daily Prophet?” I shook my head. “You know she wouldn’t… The choice is yours.” Then I quickly added, “Oh, but don’t feel pressured!” with a pat on his shoulder causing him to roll his eyes and look away.

“I know. I know you’re right… But…” He sighed deeply. “But I call not being the one to tell her!” He said quickly.

“NOT IT!” Sirius, Peter, and I called.

James gasped, “What? Peter? When did you get quicker reflexes than me?!”

Peter smiled and shrugged.

“No!! T-this isn’t fair! Not me! I-I call for a re-count! Another vote! This is an outrage!” James cried.

“What’s an outrage?” Lily asked, stepping into the room, carrying books and blowing a stray red hair out from her face.

James paled.

I stood up. “I think we should leave the two of them alone for a little bit.”

“Agreed.”

“I second that.” Everyone got up. Peter and Remus headed up to the 6th years boy dorm while I walked over to the girls’ and noticed Sirius was right behind me.

“What are you doing?”

“Give me a piggy back ride up the stairs? Your dorm is all empty.”

I laughed, “Give you a piggy back ride? Are you mad?”

“Oh come on, you’ve got the thighs of a horse!”

My mouth fell ajar and I raised an eyebrow and his eyes widened, “Strong! They’re strong! Not, you know, I-I, I love your legs! Not too big not too skinny! Curvy in all the right places! I- Your legs… What can I say about your legs? They are just so, so… I’ll be headed up to my dorm then.” He turned on his heel and I was grinning.

I pulled out my wand, “Levicorpus.

Sirius got flipped up-side-down and I turned my wand so he could face me. I was smirking and he had a devilish grin. “Your pathetic apology has been accepted.” I said with a laugh as he floated above the ground. I began to walk up the steps, Sirius grinning, floating body following after me.

~~~

“Lily! I- wait!” James yelled from downstairs a few minutes later.

Sirius and I pulled apart at the sound of stomps coming up the stairs. Sirius kissed me quickly once more and then quickly scrambled off my bed as the door slammed open.
“Lily! You look lovely-”

“Get-out!” Lily yelled, grabbing the nearest object to her (which, happened to be a large picture frame) and threw it at Sirius.

Sirius ducked in the nick of time and ran past Lily. I heard him let out a scream of surprise as the steps turned into a slide. Lily slammed the door closed and I quickly got off the bed.
“Lily…”

“How could you not tell me?!” She yelled angrily and I saw tears building in her eyes.

“I-I was the one who suggested to everyone to tell you today!”

Today! But not yesterday! Or the day before that! Or last week! Or last month! Or any of the other times you could have told me!

“Lily, try and understand it from our point of view-”

“Hm, let me try that! Well, lets see, we have this huge secret… Lily is our friend… Hm, how about we don’t tell her?! YEAH, THAT MAKES SENSE!”

“Okay… If you put it like that…”

“Well, what other way is there to put it?!”

I pursed my lips, trying to think… Damn, we really should have told her sooner. “We… forgot?” I offered and she let out a laugh.

“You forgot that you’re an animagus that turns into a cat? And that James is a stag, that Sirius is a dog, Peter is a rat, oh, oh yeah! Remus is a Werewolf! Yeah, I can see how that could have slipped your mind!”

“Alright… well… this isn’t going how I planned… So… I’m going to sleep downstairs tonight… Erm… See you in the morning…” I grabbed my blanket and pillow and timidly walked passed Lily and down the stair where I saw James slumped in the couch.

He looked up at me as I stepped into the common room. “I would glare and yell and you right now… But from what I heard… I think she was worse to you than me.”

I frowned and plopped myself on the couch. “Why?”

“Because, you were her best friend from the start. And you could have at least told her about yourself.” James stood up. “I’m going to try and get some sleep.”

"It's not even close to bed time yet." I mumbled as James walked off to bed. I sighed heavily and began to make my make-shift bed to try and get some sleep as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot!!
I finally got a new charger and my internet fixed!!
XD
Also, I went back to chapter 12 and fixed something in the dream.
Not much to say, other than... Awap bah-baloo-ah awap bam-boo!!
Oh, I've also done a Q&A in the journal section, answering some question people have messaged me.