Talk About a Screw Up

Ch.3 Relationships arn't fun

….no.”
“What?” I was in shock I didn’t understand what she had said. I understood that Dillon said no but why?
“He said it was because he didn’t want to talk to you.”
“But I though we were still going to be friends.” I said. Emily shrugged her shoulders. I turned to look out the window so no one would see me crying. Tears poured down my face. My will to hold them in was not strong enough. The rusty old bus pulled to a stop and I wiped my eyes and put on a fake smile and got off the bus. I grabbed the mail and ran into the house and jumped up the stairs to my room. Now we are all caught up with the story. I got up popped a mint in my mouth and dialed Aggie’s phone number.
“Hello” I heard Aggie say.
“Hey it’s me.” I responded forcing my voice not to waver.
“Oh hey what’s up?” Aggie said like this was a normal conversation
“Well you don’t have to worry about me talking about Dillon anymore.”
“Why?” Aggie said spuriously
“Because he said no” I cried not able to hold it in any longer.
“Oh, are you ok dude?” Aggie asked
“Yean I guess I’ll be fine.” I said I hung up because I didn’t want Aggie to hear me crying. I hung up and then called Natalie. After that I tried calling my friend Lara too, but she wasn’t home. The doorbell rang but I didn’t move. I stayed were I was crying and listening to music. I heard the creak of the door opening and I turned down the music and went to the door. Just as I opened the door, Emily was standing there. She walked in and sat on my bed.
“So…” She said
“What are you doing here?” I said as I wiped my eyes
“Kate, I saw you crying on the bus.” Emily said. I put my finger to my lips to quite her.
“My sister is down stairs, I don’t want her to know.” I answered regarding my earlier made hand motion. Emily continued talking about how Dillon wasn’t worth it and how much of an ass he was.
“I think I am going to call Dillon” I said “To work things out.”
“Can I stay during the call?” Emily begged
“No, I want to talk to him alone.” I said
“But I will only here you talking” she said
“No, I don’t want you here” I said
“How happy are you on a scale of one to ten?” Emily asked
“Ten.” I lied
“You’re lying!” Emily said I got up off my bed and found a picture of Dillon and started ripping it up. I found every bit of paper that reminded me of Dillon and tore it up to prove to Emily that I hated Dillon. I knew that really I was lying to her just to get her to leave so I could call him.