Meant for You

Idiot

Bre rolled her eyes as her English teacher continued on about an assignment she had no interest in. Valerie was sitting across from her, blinking her eyes and twirling her hair at Josh Gomez, who sat in front of her.

"Miss Reed?" The elderly man with the dark framed glasses said. Bre turned her attention to the front of the class.

"Yeah?" She asked uninterested.

"I asked you what your paper would be about, but clearly there are things more interesting than this assignment, which counts for over one hundred points." He said.

Bre just sunk down in her chair. She hated when teachers signaled her out, and tried to make her look stupid. She wasn't stupid, far from it actually. She could be a straight A student if she would put forth effort, but she thought there was better things to do than to spend every waking second burying herself in books. She would rather spend her time with friends or perfecting her skating tricks.

"So, you heading to La Push this afternoon?" Valerie ask, when the bell rang. Bre picked up her books and looked at her blond friend.

"I don't know... maybe." Bre said, placing her book inside her back pack and walking out of the room.

The two of them met up with Victoria and continued on to the lunchroom. Victoria pushed open the doors and walked inside with attitude. Bre rolled her eyes at her friend. Sometimes Victoria acted as if she ran the school. She was one of the most popular girls in their grade though, which sometimes gave her the big head.

Bre filled her tray with a few different things and then looked at Valerie who was gazing at the Cullen table. Bre rolled her eyes, "Stop starring at them." She scolded Valerie.

"I can't help it-- I still can't get over Edward and Bella dating! She is so... plain." Valerie complained.

"Maybe he likes girls like her." Bre suggested.

"Girls who can't even walk in a straight line?" Valerie ask.

Valerie was a sweet heart, until it came to guys. Then she was the most defensive and spiteful teenage girl you would ever meet. She had a crush on Edward Cullen since the day he came to Forks. She had never made a move, because she was super shy. She didn't understand why he would show interest in a girl like Bella Swan-- to Valerie, Bella was nothing more than just a plain brown eyed girl.

"I bet she does witch craft." Valerie said, while they took their seats.

Bre laughed, "What?" She ask.

"I bet she does witch craft. That's why all these guys like her."

"What guys?" Bre asked.

"You know... Mike Newton... Tyler... Jacob!" Valerie said.

The last name made Bre's heart speed up. Jacob Black, her friend and crush. She had secretly liked him for over a year. Not even her best friends knew of her crush on him. But, Jacob Black was completely swept up in Bella Swan. She just hated the fact that Bella used him. Whenever she needed something done to her truck, she phoned Jacob. He worked his ass off for free; and what for? Nothing, but a few minutes with the girl.

"We're suppose to get good weather this weekend, Bre. We can work on our skate tricks." Valerie stated.

"Awesome." Bre stated.

"Ugh, I'll just lay out in the sun then." Valerie said.

The rest of the day seemed to go by without any thing dramatic happening. Bre was standing by her locker, placing her books inside when she felt someone poke her side. She turned around and smiled at her older brother Cole.

"You ready to go?" He ask.

"Yeah." She said, shutting her locker door.

The two of them walked out of the school, and got inside his 96 Ford truck. It was navy blue, and Cole's pride and joy.

"How was school, Breeze?" Cole ask, using his nick name for his sister.

"It was fine. English teacher made me look like an idiot again." She stated.

"That's what you get for day dreaming." He laughed.

"I wasn't day dreaming. I was just watching Val shamelessly try to flirt with Josh."

"When is she going to realize that he has no interest in her?"

"Never! She's still hung up on Edward Cullen too." Bre said.

Cole laughed, "She's hung up on that freak show?"

"Yeah."

"They are so weird. . . The whole family." Cole said.

"I know." Bre said.

"The blond one is hot though. . . But I'd only sleep with her. . . no way I'd date her."

Bre made a disgusted face, "Ew, Cole. Too much info."

He laughed again, "You wanna head over to see dad this afternoon?"

"Sure. . . You think he'll come home anytime soon?"

"I don't know. . . Mom's being stubborn."

"Yeah, wish she would believe him. He'd never cheat on her!"

"She's just insecure. I'm sure dad will figure out a way to fix things... He always does." She smiled. That was true. Her father always did figure out a way to fix things.

"I hear Jacob's going to start helping him in the afternoons."

Her heart began beating faster once again. Jacob was going to help her father?

"Really?" She ask.

"Yeah. . . He wants to save up money for a car-- and Billy and dad were talking. Dad said he could use the help around the garage in the afternoons."

"Cool." Bre said.

She would defiantly be going to visit her dad more after school, especially if Jacob Black was going to be present.
♠ ♠ ♠
CHARACTER INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND HERE