Meant for You

Milkshakes

Paul was sitting in the back booth, waiting for Bre to show up. He kept checking his cell phone, hoping she would text him saying something come up. He was so scared of seeing her for so many different reasons. What if he phased and hurt her like Sam did Emily? Or what if he imprinted on a girl who he considered his little sister? He ran his fingers through his short cropped hair, and looked up when he heard the old ding of the door. He saw her walk in with a bright smile on her face. Her chocolate eyes scanned the room, and then spotted him. She grinned as she made her way over to him.

He sighed with relief, when he didn't feel no differently about her. She was still the little sister he never had. He stood up and welcomed her into a hug.

"You're so . . . hot." She said, noticing his body temperature.
"Thanks" He said, smirking.
"Not in that way, P." She said.

She allowed her eyes to look over him. He had changed so much just in the short time they had been apart. His hair was now cropped, and short. His body was now more muscular than she ever could have imagined and he looked as if he grew at least six inches.

"You've changed. . ." She said.
"Just a tad." He said.

She noticed his voice too. It was deeper.

"You promise everything is okay?"
"I promise." He said.

She reached over and playfully smacked him on the arm. He grinned. Before, he would have slightly felt her smack, but now with his enhanced wolf abilities, he didn't feel anything. One of the perks of being a shape shifter, was the healing ability also.

"So, what happened with Jacob?" Paul ask, getting right to the point.

Bre sighed, "What I always knew would-- he'd rather spend his time with Bella."
"She's dating that blood--Cullen." Paul said, catching himself before he said too much.

He learned that the reason he shape shifted was because of the Cullen's. Never in his wildest dreams did he think vampires would exist. But he also never dreamed of phasing into a wolf either.

"I don't think Jacob cares." Bre said.
"Did he hurt you?" Paul ask, clutching onto the table.

Bre laughed, "No. . . I hurt myself. I should have known Jacob only had eyes for her."
"You're over it?" Paul ask.

She licked over her lips, "Not yet. I really liked him, and I still do like him. But, at least I understand that he and I could have never been in a relationship."
"Want me to beat him up?" Paul ask.

Bre laughed, even though Paul seemed serious about his question.

"I don't want you to beat him up, P! I just. . . I'm gonna stay away from him for awhile. You know, give myself time to heal."
"Maybe that's a good thing. I'm sure you'll meet someone who knocks you off your feet."

She giggled, "Hope so." She said.

They ordered themselves milkshakes, and then dropped the conversation of Bre's love life.

"Do me a favor Bre. . . Stay out of the woods, alright?" Paul ask, just before they was getting ready to leave.
"Bears?" She ask.
"Yeah. . . Bears."

She then remembered what she saw last night. Could it have been a bear instead of a wolf?

"I think I saw one last night." She said.
"A bear?" He ask.
"In my front yard. Though it looked like a giant wolf to me."

Paul swallowed hard, and then put on a cool face, "Probably bear like you said. Just be careful, Bre."
"I will, P. Don't stay away too long."

He grinned, "I won't." He pulled her into a hug and then walked away.

Once he got out of view, Paul shifted into his wolf form and then began roaming through the forest.

'Jacob's changing.' Quil thought.
'Good, when I rip his head off, at least he can heal back quickly.'
'Don't even think about it, Paul.' Sam said in his Alpha voice.

Paul groaned and listened to his Alpha, even though he wasn't happy about Jacob joining the pack.

Bre walked inside the house and shut the door behind her. It was quiet, which meant no one was home. Her mom was probably still working, and Cole was helping her dad at the garage. She walked up to her bedroom and laid down on her bed. She was exhausted, and extremely tired from not sleeping much the night before. She pulled the covers up over her, and closed her eyes.

At least she knew that Paul was okay, so one of her worries disappeared.

She was still upset about Jacob, but she wasn't going to give in and go talk to him.
She was getting over him, and she didn't care how long it took.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image