Meant for You

Assignments

Weeks passed, and Bre had done a good job at keeping herself away from Jacob. He hadn't attempted to call her, and she sure as hell didn't plan on calling him. She was hanging out with Paul sometimes, not not nearly as much as they used to. She didn't care what he said, something had happened to him. Anytime he was around her now he was just so paranoid and scared that something was going to happen.

She smiled as she walked over and took a seat next to Val and Vic in the cafeteria. Thankfully, school was almost over, and summer was right around the corner. She couldn't wait for summer to arrive. Normally, it meant spending almost everyday at La Push, doing various things, from spending the day at the beach, jumping off the cliffs, or just hanging out with friends. But since she's trying to avoid Jacob Black, and her relationship with Paul became some sort of freak show, she knew her summer was more than likely going to be spent in Forks, being bored out of her mind.

"I was thinking about getting a job this summer." Val said.
"Where?" Bre ask.
"I don't know! Maybe with Mike Newton at his parent's store. . . He's kind of cute." Val said.
"You're so retarded, Val." Vic said, rolling her eyes, "Mike Newton is a retard. He's not cute at all."

Bre laughed and nibbled on her carrot as she watched the Cullen clan, along with Bella Swan walk into the cafeteria. She rolled her eyes as she looked at her plate.

"Where's the blond?" Vic ask.
"What are you talking about?" Val ask.
"The blond-- Rosalie. . She's not with them."
"Maybe she's sick."

Bre wasn't concerned with their conversation about the Cullens. She didn't like talking or even thinking about the Cullen's, because that led to thinking about Bella Swan, and Bella Swan was not someone she wanted to think about.

"What does Bella have that I don't?" Val ask.

Bre rolled her eyes, just what she needed-- a conversation about Bella.

"Maybe she has personality." Vic teased.

Val huffed, "Must be personality. She sure doesn't have fashion sense."

Bre sighed, "Can we please not talk about her?" Bre hissed.
"Don't like Bella?" Val ask.
"Not at all." Bre muttered.

Once lunch was over, Bre headed down to home room where they was going to be hearing an announcement. She walked inside, and took her assigned seat beside Joe Thompson who was a kid with his head stuck in the Harry Potter book. She tapped her pen against the side of her desk as she waited for the teacher to walk in. Slowly, the elderly over weight woman came inside, and pushed the glasses up on her face as she read the white sheet of paper to the room.

It was basically stating that for the rest of the school year (which was three weeks) all sophomores would be paired with a senior, while all freshmen would be paired with a junior. The two would work together on an assignment. Bre didn't see the point behind the assignment at all. They had never done it before, but the new principle thought it'd be a good way to 'Bring the groups together.' Bre just rolled her eyes as her teacher started passing out sheets of paper which held the name of the senior she was going to be working with. She unfolded the piece of paper and looked at the name. In large black letters it read EMMETT CULLEN.

She then read down further, and saw that they would be working together to help with the play at the end of the year. They would be working on building the stage, and helping with props. Some partners had papers, some had work sheets, but she had to work together with a Cullen for the school play. Did God hate her?

"This afternoon will be a free period to meet up with your partner and discuss your assignment. Remember, both your partner and assignment was both done randomly. I know some of you may think that you got a harder assignment than others, but just remember to have fun with it!" The teacher said.

Bre walked out of the room and saw Vic with a pissed off face.

"What's wrong with you?" Bre ask, shoving her books into her locker.
"I'm paired with Becca Margera."
"So?" Bre ask.
"So! She's like the fucking sluttiest girl at school. Thankfully we only have to do an essay on George Washington."

Bre laughed darkly, "Lucky you."
"Who did you get?"
"Emmett Cullen."
"Lucky bitch!" Vic said.

Bre rolled her eyes, "How am I lucky to work with that. . . that. . . baboon!" Bre said.
Vic chuckled, "He's hot though-- What's your assignment?"
"We have to work together and help with the play. Build the stage, sort props and stuff."
"LUCKY YOU! That's going to take DAYS!" Vic said.

Bre rolled her eyes yet again, "And how does that make me lucky?" She ask.
"Girls would kill to be alone with Emmett that long."
"Well, I may just kill myself if I have to talk to him for more than two minutes." Bre said.
"Give him a chance. . . He may be a good guy!" Val said.
"Doubtful." Bre said, walking off to her next class.

She had another hour before she had to meet up with Emmett and discuss their assignment. She was hoping that he felt the same way she did about working together. Maybe they could work their asses off on the first day, and just get everything done.

During Spanish, she received a text from Paul. She quietly texted him back. She explained about the new assignment and told him who her partner was.

Paul texted back, and she could tell he wasn't happy about her partner. His text read.

'Stay away from him as much as possible, Bre. He's trouble.'

She texted back and told Paul she was hoping to still weasel her way out of the assignment somehow. She groaned when the bell rung, which meant she would soon be meeting her partner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Jacob is coming back soon, I promise :)
Image