Meant for You

Banana

Bre walked into the gym Tuesday evening after school. She wasn't happy, but decided to put the attitude behind her. She knew if she dwelled on the assignment, and acted miserable, then it would just make time drag by. But, if she just didn't care, and went into it with an open mind, then possibly time wouldn't tick by slowly. She dropped her back pack down in the corner, and then looked around the gym for her partner. She saw him standing by the stage, talking to the senior English teacher. Pulling her hair back in a black hair tie, she walked over and placed a small smile on her face.

"Miss Reed! How nice of you to join us, Mr. Cullen was just explaining how you two will be helping with the stage and props."
"Yeah." Bre said softly.
"Well don't let me keep you." Mr. Kimper, the English teacher stated, walking away from the tall muscular Cullen.

He turned around and flashed Bre the whitest smile she'd ever saw.

"I know you're not happy about working with me. . ." Emmett said.
"No, it's okay. I'm just going through a lot of shit right now." She said, he chuckled.
"Sorry," He apologized, "Just not used to hearing such a small girl use so many profanities."

She giggled softly, "Yeah, I'm. . . a potty mouth I guess."
"Such a disgusting term." He said.

She laughed, "You're weird." She stated.
"Most think so." He said.

She sighed, "Let's get started."

Emmett nodded his head, and the two of them ask what they needed to do. They was handed a large wooden prop, which was actually going to be the half moon in the play. The teacher told them they needed to paint it yellow. Emmett packed the wood over to a plastic covering on the floor, while Bre gathered the paint and brushes, she then joined him.

She handed him a brush, and then kept one for herself. She opened the paint, and dipped her brush inside, and then began coating the wood with the yellow paint.

After about twenty minutes of silent brushing, Bre looked at the moon and giggled.

"What?" Emmett ask.
"It looks nothing like a moon! More like a banana!" She said.

He laughed along with her. She was absolutely right-- it looked like a banana instead of a moon.

Jacob Black watched through the gymnasium window as spotted the muscular Cullen, and who he assumed to be Bre. Her back was to him, and he could see Cullen laughing, so he assumed Bre had said something funny. He had told Bella he needed time before he answered her question. He just wanted to spy on Bre to see if what Bella had told him was the truth.

He watched as Bre stood up and slowly turned around to face the window. He looked her dead in the eyes, and he was positive she was looking into his soul.

His world become detached as he starred into her orbs. Everything slowly faded away from him. Nothing in the world mattered but him. His father, His pack, His responsibilities. Everything was meaningless. All that mattered was the girl standing in the gym next to the vampire. The girl of his dreams.

His imprint.

When he finally came back to his self, he felt different about everything. He walked over to the gym door and opened it up. He didn't care who got mad at him right now. He needed to see her, to talk to her, to make sure he just wasn't dreaming.

He waited for her to talk to the teacher. Then she turned around and looked at him. A frown was placed on her lips, which ripped his heart out of his chest. He never wanted her to be sad. Never wanted to see a frown on her lips.

She shook her head and then went off walking towards the opposite way of the gym. He walked after her, and watched as she picked up the back pack and tossed it over her shoulder.

"What are you doing here, mutt?" Emmett growled.
"I'm here to talk to Bre, nothing that concerns you, leech." Jacob hissed, pushing through the doors and looking around the hallway for her. He saw her stuffing the bag inside a old locker.

"Bre!" He called down the hallway.

Bre closed her eyes and prayed he would just go away. Seeing him again, caused her to remember how she felt towards him. Keeping herself away from Jacob Black had done nothing to ease her crush. It was now even stronger than before, if that was possible. She turned around and looked at him, taking in all of his new appearance.

His hair, which used to be long and silky smooth, was now cut extremely short, very similar to Paul's cut. He looked at least eight or so inches taller, and the muscles were almost cutting through the black fabric of his t-shirt. Jacob looked so different, older, more mature, and. . . good. Bre swallowed hard as his charcoal eyes looked into her chocolate ones.

"What are you doing here?" She ask softly.
"I wanted to apologize." He said.

Bre licked over her dry lips nervously as she studied him. She wanted to jump into his arms and tell him how relieved she was to hear him say those words, but she recalled how hurt she was when he went after Bella Swan. Forgiving him now, would only bring heart break in the future.

"It's fine, Jacob. I've got to go." She said, turning around and heading towards the door.

Jacob grabbed her arm and spun her around, "No, Bre. It's not fine. We need to talk."
"We have nothing to talk about." She whispered.

His heart was breaking. He knew Sam had to fight for Emily to feel the same way as he did. Even though an imprint may have the feelings, opening their heart to you is another thing. He knew Bre felt the same towards him. He could feel the love radiating off of her.

"What's going on with you guys?" Bre ask softly, "You've all changed so much. . ." She stated.

Jacob licked over his lips, "Come to La Push. . . I'll explain everything."

She shook her head, knowing it was best to stay away, "I don't need to know."
"Yes you do."
"No, Jake. I don't. I've got to go. . ."
"Bre, please." He begged.

She took in a deep take of air, and starred up into his eyes, "I can't." She said, breaking away from his grip and walking away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image