Meant for You

Rumors

Bre yawned as she walked into the school. She hadn't slept well due to the recent events. Paul had texted her most of the night, telling her that she should give Jacob time to explain. But, she didn't know if she could do that. He just kept hurting her. She was walking down the hallway when she heard her name being called from behind her. She really didn't recognize the voice, so she turned around expecting to see someone from her class. She wanted to shoot herself between the eyes when she saw Bella Swan coming towards her in all her plaid glory.

"Bre!" She said.
"Yes?" Bre ask, annoyed. What the hell did Bella want with her?
"How are you?" Bella ask grinning.

Bre wanted to smack that grin right off her face.

"I'm fine, Bella. Did you uh, need something?" Bre ask.

Bella smiled, "Just wanted to tell you hi. Since i'm dating Jacob now, we should hang out. I know you two are friends and such."
"Actually, Jacob and I aren't friends." Bre spat.
"Oh, you're not?" Bella ask, acting shocked.
"No, we're not."
"That's too bad. With me being his girlfriend, I was hoping that the two of us could be friends."
"Well, I've got friends." Bre said, walking off.

Bella rolled her eyes. She had no intentions of being Bre's friend. She just wanted to rub salt in her already open wound. She knew how much Bre cared about Jacob, and she wanted to make sure that she ended up hating him.

"What were you talking to Bre for?" Emmett Cullen ask, coming up beside Bella.

Bella hadn't talked to any of the Cullen's since her 'break up' with Edward.

"I'm allowed to talk to whoever I want, Emmett." Bella said.

Emmett licked over his lips, "Look," He started, "I know you're much more devious than anyone around here thinks. I don't know exactly what the hell you're doing-- but it will be found out, and I promise. It's not going to be a good out come." Emmett said.
"You shouldn't threaten me." She said, "You'll be very sorry. Oh, and tell Rosalie I said hello."
She said flashing him a grin, and then walking away.

Emmett was shocked. Bella had always been this shy girl. Now she seemed to be filled with confidence. Rolling his eyes, he walked into his next class.

Bre was chewing on her bottom lip as Val and Vic discussed something beside her.

"Bre?" Val ask.

Bre snapped out of it, and looked over at her friend. "Yeah?"
"Have you heard the latest rumor?"
"Rumor about who?"

She could tell her friend looked nervous.

"About you and Emmett Cullen." Valerie whispered.

Bre groaned, "What are people saying?" She ask.

She had remembered Paul and Jacob also questioned her about him. Where was this rumor starting?

"It's not bad!" Valerie promised, "Just that the two of you are dating. . . That's like the best rumor that could be started on you!"

Bre looked over at the Cullen table, and could see the blond sitting beside Emmett, shooting daggers at her.

"I'm going to squash this right now." She said, standing up.

Her friends gasped, "What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to go tell him we need to find the culprit."
"You can't go over there! His girlfriend is there!"
"I don't care if the Queen of England is beside him. I'm going over there." Bre said, walking over to the table.

All of the Cullen's looked up when Bre reached their table. Rosalie was wanting to pounce onto the brunette and rip her head off.

"Emmett, if you haven't heard through the grapevine yet. . . A rumor has been started on us."
"I heard just this past hour. I'm sorry." He apologized.
"Any idea on who started it?"
"It better not have any truth behind it." Rosalie hissed.

Bre rolled her eyes, "Don't tickle yourself. I don't want your boyfriend. I do, however, want these rumors to stop."

Alice sighed in the corner. She knew who was behind the rumor. She had a vision of it earlier today. However she was stuck in a situation where she didn't know if she should reveal on of her best friends or not. Edward felt the same way. He knew that Emmett, Rosalie, and Bre would all be angered at Bella, and he didn't want to see the woman he loved in danger.

"I'll ask around and see who started it." Emmett promised.
"Good, let me know if it's a girl. I'd like to take a crack at her." Bre said, walking away.

Bre walked out into the hallways and pulled her cell phone from her pocket. She had received four text messages, and eight voice mails. She listened to the first one, and rolled her eyes when she heard Jacob's voice fill the air. He was begging for her to talk to him.

She wanted to give in. She wanted to hear him out. . .

But she didn't know if her heart could handle anymore aching.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image