Meant for You

Truth

Bre hopped out of her brother's truck, and was surprised to see Paul leaning over the banister waiting for her. Cole said a short hello to Paul and then walked on in, leaving Bre standing there on the porch to talk to him. She licked over her dry lips as she sit her books in the rocking chair.

"What are you doing here, P?"
"Jacob said he's tried calling you all day."
"He has, ignore works wonders." Bre said.
"Bre, listen to him. I know you're wondering what the hell happened. If you just let him explain things, then everything will work out. You'll even know why I've been so damn distant."
"What does Jacob have to do with you?" She ask.
"I can't tell you what's going on. . . But since Jacob. . ." Paul groaned, he couldn't tell her that Jacob imprinted on her, only Jacob could say that. "Just talk to him."

Bre sighed, "I don't think I can." She spoke softly.
"Why?" Paul ask.
"He hurt me, P. . ." She said.
"If you just hear what he has to say. I swear to you, Bre. . . You'll understand."

Bre bit down on her bottom lip and thought about Paul was asking her. All he wanted her to do was talk to Jacob. Was that really so much to ask?

She sighed, "Where is he?"
"Out with Sam, but I'll cover for him if you'll talk."
"Cover for him?" Bre ask confused.
"He'll explain that too."
"Fine." She said picking up her books and walking inside.

She placed her books down on the counter, and told Cole where she was going. She didn't need to explain that to her mom since she wasn't home.

She got inside Paul's beat up truck and starred out the window the entire way to La Push. She sucked in a deep breath, when they finally arrived and she opened the door and stepped out.

"I'll be right back." Paul said.
"Where are you going?" Bre ask.
"To get Jake." Paul said.
"What am I suppose to do?" Bre ask.
"I don't know, pick flowers?" Paul said sarcastically.

Bre rolled her eyes, "I'm gonna go visit Leah." She said, pointing to the Clearwater home which was just next door to Paul's.
"Not such a good idea. Leah's. . . uh sick." Paul said.
"Not Leah too!" Bre groaned.

She didn't know what was going on with the people on La Push-- but there was something going on.

She watched as Paul ran off into the woods, leaving her standing there by herself. She turned around and looked into the distance of the beach. After just a minute of watching the waves she heard her name called from behind her.

"Bre?"

Spinning around she starred deep into the eyes of the boy who had shattered her heart.

"Hi Jacob." She said, crossing her arms over his chest.
"You finally going to talk to me?" He ask.
"I guess." She said.

He smiled, "Let's walk by the beach then."

She followed behind Jacob as they walked down the path to the beach. She had no clue what Jacob was about to tell her. But she knew she should be prepared for anything.

"Okay, spill."

He laughed, "It's going to take awhile before I explain everything."
"Just tell me what's going on." She said.
"What do you wanna know first?" He ask.
"Uhm, why you exploded into a giant wolf." She stated, as if it was the most obvious thing in the entire world.

He chuckled, "Simple. I'm a shape shifter."
"Simple? What the hell is a shape shifter?" She ask.

He chuckled yet again, "You remember the legends from the bonfires that my dad tells? How our people descended from Wolves?" He ask, she nodded, "Well, when. . . Leeches, or otherwise known as Vampires come near our land, we go through a transformation that allows us to shift into wolves as a form of protection for our land." Jacob explained.
"So, you're some sort of. . .werewolf?" Bre ask.
"I don't like that term, but I guess." Jacob said.

She sighed, then her eyes went wide, "Oh God! Paul is too. . ."
"And Jared, Sam, Quil, Embry, and Leah and Seth soon."
"LEAH?" She ask, surprised.
"Yeah, first girl in history."

Bre tried to allow everything to soak into her mind. "But why did everyone want to stay away from me?"
Jacob sighed, "It's kind of dangerous-- We normally shift when needed, to patrol, or when we get angry. As you know, Paul is sort of hot headed, so he's always getting mad, which means he has to be careful who he's around."
"What happens if. . . a person is too close?" Bre ask.
"Emily wasn't attacked by a bear. . ." Jacob said.
"Oh no!"

Bre had heard about Emily's scars. Even though she hadn't saw them yet, she had heard all about them.

"Sam?" Bre ask, softly.

Jacob just nodded his head slowly, "He didn't mean it, and he beats himself up over it every single day."
"How can she be with him?" Bre ask, "Not only because he scarred her. . . but because of Leah too."
"She's his imprint." Jacob said.
"Imprint?" Bre ask.
"Imprinting is when we find our soul mate or true love, as the legends say. As soon as we see our imprint, the world stops and only revolves around them."
"Oh." Bre said, "Have you found yours?" She ask softly. Figuring he was going to nod his head.

She assumed it was Bella, once he did nod.

"Yeah, I have." Jacob said.
"And that's why you don't like me." Bre said flatly.

Jacob chuckled again, "You're cute." He said looking towards her and rolling his eyes a bit. He then pulled her into him and wrapped his arms around her.

Bre hated to admit it, but it felt so good to be in his arms. She was suppose to be mad at him but how could she stay mad at him when this felt so right?

"You're my imprint, Bre." He whispered into her ear, causing her body to freeze.
♠ ♠ ♠
Trying to make it quick before school. Last update til Monday :)

Image