Meant for You

Butterflies

Bre smiled as her mother wrapped some foil over a plate. She could see that her mom still loved her father dearly, she had just been misled by her friends at work. The nurses at Forks hospital always assumed the worse, especially when it came to their husbands. They had planted the seed of doubt in Monica's head, and when Heath started coming home late from work; she assumed the worse.

"Tell your dad I said hi."
"Why don't you come mom?" Bre ask, "I'm sure dad would be really happy to see you."
"I just need some time, sweet heart."
"He didn't do it, Mom. He loves you." Bre said, picking up the plate and walking out of the kitchen.

Cole was lacing up his sneakers in the living room waiting for her. She smiled at her brother, and then the two of them walked out of the house and got inside his old beat up Ford. Cole started it up and they headed towards the garage. Bre could feel her stomach do flip flops as she thought about seeing Jacob Black working for her father. He was the only boy who had ever managed to give her a severe case of butterflies.

They pulled beside her father's truck, and she sucked in a deep breath, as she opened the door and stepped out of the truck, taking the plate in with her. She followed in behind Cole. The big garage door was already opened. Her father was standing in the corner, handing tools to a tan arm sticking out from under a old grand am car.

"Hey kids." Heath said.
"Hey Dad." Cole and Bre said in sync.
"How was school?"
"Good." Cole answered.

Bre walked over and placed the plate on the counter, "Mom sent you some food."

Heath smiled, "Great." She watched as her father handed the tan hand another tool, and then he patted the hood of the vehicle.

"That should do it, Jake." He said.

Soon, a body rolled out from under the car. Jacob straightened himself up, and stood to his feet, allowing his long healthy black hair to fall down behind him. Bre smiled as he pushed it back out of his face. He flashed her his brilliant smile.

"Hey Bre." He said.
"Hi Jake."
"How have you been?" Jacob ask.
"Good, and you?"
"Great. Glad your dad let me have this job."
"Me too. It's good for you."

Bre looked over and watched as her brother and father talked. Her dad nibbled on the food her mom had sent.

"So, how is school?"
"It's alright. Forks, nothing too exciting happens."
"You should transfer to La Push."

She giggled, "Like it's more entertaining than Forks?"
"You'd be around the gang." Jacob said.
"Yeah, but. . . Vic and Val are at Forks."

Jacob sighed. He was confused about his feelings. He had liked Bella for a long time, but he couldn't hide the fact that he liked Bre too. They were complete opposites. Bella was a quiet, shy girl, while Bre was loud, out spoken and energetic. Bre was available, while Bella was taken. He knew Bella only held the upper hand because she was a challenge. She belonged to Edward Cullen-- who according to the Quileute legends, wasn't exactly human. Although, he didn't believe in the legends. . . at least not yet.

"So. . . Is Bella still dating that Edward guy?" He ask curious.

Bre's heart dropped to the pits of her stomach. How could she like him when his heart belonged to another girl?

"Yeah." Bre said.
"Those Cullen's are weird." Jacob said.
"You noticed?" Bre ask.

He laughed, "How can I miss it? They are practically transparent."

She giggled, "Yeah, they are pale."
"Enough about Bella and The Cullen's... We're having a Bonfire this Saturday. Come." Jacob said.
"I know all about it. Paul phoned me yesterday."
"You're coming then?" Jacob ask.
"I might."
"Oh come on, Bre. Everyone's going to be there."
"Even Leah?"

Jacob frowned, "Not sure... about that."
"What? Why not Leah?"

Bre was close to Leah. She was a total sweet heart. She had babysat her while she was younger, and the two of them formed a close relationship.

"Word through the rez is Leah and Sam broke up... He's with Emily now."
"Her cousin?" Bre asked, shocked.
"Yeah." Jacob said.
"Oh my God! I can't believe that. . . How could he do that?" Bre ask.
"I don't know. . . People say Sam's changed. He keeps to himself-- he has for awhile now. Emily came down a few weeks ago, and I guess the sparks flew." He said.
"But poor Leah. . ."

Cole and her father joined them. She hugged her dad and he noticed it was getting dark outside.

"Getting dark out kids, you two should be heading home. Tell your mom I love her."
"We will." Cole said.
"Come on, Jake. I'll give you a ride home."

Bre hugged her dad one last time before she climbed inside her brother's truck. Cole laughed once they were on the road.

"What?" She ask.
"You like Jake." He stated.
"I do not."
"Do too! Dad and I were watching the two of you. . . You like him a lot." Cole said.
"You're stupid." She said, shrugging him off.
"Don't be immature about it, Bre. I'm your brother-- it's okay to admit things to me."
"Fine! I like Jake. . ." She confessed.
"I think he likes you too."
"He likes Bella Swan." Bre mumbled.
"That doesn't mean he doesn't like you too."

She sighed, "Well. . . if he likes her, I don't want him to like me." Bre spat.

Cole laughed, "You're just difficult. . . like every other teenage girl."
♠ ♠ ♠
No update tomorrow, I've got a concert :D