Meant for You

Questions

Bre clutched onto Jacob's tough warm hand as she watched Sam take a seat next to Emily, and as Paul pulled a chair from the kitchen. She really didn't know what Sam wanted to talk to her about, Jacob had tried his best to explain things.

"Don't be scared, Bre." Sam said.

She took a deep breath in and placed a scared smile upon her lips, Emily giggled softly across the other side of the room, "I reacted the same way." She said. "You did?" Bre questioned.

Emily took in a deep breath, "Yeah, as you know. . . Sam used to be dating my cousin Leah, so when I found out about all this imprinting, I thought it was nonsense. I tried to ignore it, and I even tried staying away from him. I was so torn between what my heart was saying, and what my head was saying. I know you and Jacob have had a rough couple of weeks, but if you let it-- all of that will fade quickly. Just open your heart up, Bre. Jacob is perfect for you in every single way. He was meant for you." Emily said, grinning now, as she looked at Sam.

Bre couldn't help but to look towards Jacob and smile lightly as her cheeks slightly blushed. She did have a few questions, but she didn't know how to go about asking them. Almost all of them referred to the Cullen's, and a few about Bella.

"I do have a few questions." She said.
"Please ask." Sam ushered.
"The Cullen's. . . Are they dangerous to be around? Because. . . I'm sort of partners with Emmett Cullen on a project."

She could feel Jacob tense up beside her when she mentioned Emmett's name. She didn't want to cause him discomfort.

Sam took in some breath, "We actually don't know if their dangerous or not. They claim to be vegetarian, but still. . . Relapses happen." Sam said.
"I'm going to be there when you work on your project. . ." Jacob said, "I don't want you around him."
"The treaty." Sam reminded him.
"The treaty?" She ask.
"We said we wouldn't go on their land. . . and their not suppose to come on ours."
"All of Forks isn't their land!" Jacob said, "Just the surrounding mountains of their home. I'm not letting her be around that bloodsucker without some sort of protection."
"How does Bella know about you guys?" Bre ask.
"We're assuming she either guessed correctly. . . or the Cullen's said something." Jacob said.
"How many of you guys. . . are there?" She finally ask.
"Leah and Seth are in the process of joining." Paul said.
"Then there's Quil, Embry, Jake, Paul, Jared and myself."

Bre just nodded her head, trying to intake everything. This wasn't what she expected but everything made sense now. She understood why Sam and the elders weren't concerned when the boys took sick. They knew what was happening. She also didn't feel bad about Paul staying away from her now since she knew it was hard for him to control his tempter, and also he couldn't tell her anything. She sighed loudly, "I always knew you guys were weirdos." She joked.

Jacob and Paul laughed loudly, and Sam chuckled lowly. Emily smiled, "I'm so glad Jake imprinted on you Bre. I always knew the two of you belonged together. From the minute I saw the way he looked at you."

Bre once again just smiled slightly, and looked over at Jacob. She noticed he looked at her very different now than he did before. He looked at her like she was a precious gift handed down from the heavens. She smiled, she liked him looking at her like that. She had waited so long for him to feel this way about her.

"I should be getting home. . ." She said, noticing it was getting late outside.
"I'll give you a ride." Paul said.
"I'm going too." Jacob said getting up.

Bre hugged Emily goodbye and then walked outside. Jacob held her hand as they walked over to Paul's truck. Paul was still inside talking to Sam for a moment.

"See, you were meant for me." Jacob said, tapping her nose lightly with his finger.

She rolled her eyes, "Not as long as you're dating Bella Swan." She said.

His smile faded, "I'll call her as soon as I get back."
"What are you gonna tell her?"
"That I'm with you."
"You're not with me until you get rid of her." Bre said, crossing her arms over her chest.

Jacob laughed, "It's going to be great having a girlfriend as stubborn as you."
"How do you know I'll agree to being your girlfriend?" She joked.

He smiled, "Oh, I just have a feeling." He said, leaning down and pressing his forehead against hers. Their lips were close to touching. . .

Paul cleared his throat as he neared the truck. Jacob looked over in his direction and smirked, as he opened the passenger door for Bre. She climbed inside and took her spot in the middle, while Jacob got in, and Paul got in behind the wheel. She felt so squished sitting between the two of them in the small truck.

"Whens the next time you work with that Cullen?" Paul ask.
"Tomorrow afternoon."
"I'll be there." Jacob said.
"Jake, Sam said. . ."
"I'll wait in the parking lot or something. I'll watch through the window. Fuck, I don't know-- But I'll do something. I hate the idea of you working with him."
"Summer is here in two weeks. We only have to work together two more days I think." Bre said.
"I still don't like it." Jacob complained.
"Neither do I." Paul stated.

Bre laughed, "I can take care of myself. I'm sure he's not going to suck my blood while we're working in school."
"You never know." Paul said.
"You" She said, pointing her finger at Jacob, "Just take care of Bella. I'll deal with Emmett." She said.

Jacob sighed, "I'll be in the parking lot tomorrow afternoon waiting for you. Alright?"
"Just take care of Bella, please."

He sighed, "I'll take care of Bella tonight." He promised yet again.

She nodded her head as Paul pulled into her drive way. Jacob got out, and then helped her out. She hugged him. "I'll see you tomorrow, Jake." He didn't let go of the hug, causing her to giggle.
"Tomorrow." She said looking him in the eyes, he simply nodded his head. He climbed back inside the truck, and she watched the two of them drive away.

Bre walked inside the house, shaking her head as she thought about everything she learned today. Life was defiantly not what she thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image