Meant for You

Friend

Bre's classes seemed to drag by, and all eyes were on her. She found herself getting very angry at whoever started this rumor on her. Clearly, it was the same person who originally started the rumor of her and Emmett. That rumor had made itself all the way to La Push. She knew only one person who went to La Push enough to pack rumors, and that was in fact Bella.

When lunch finally arrived, she walked inside the cafeteria behind Valerie who was too busy caught up in talking to her sister about a new guy who had just entered school. Bre started to walk towards the regular table she always sit at, but instead she saw Rosalie Hale standing at a empty table, motioning with her hand for her to walk over. Sighing, she looked over at Valerie, "I'll be back. . . hopefully." She stated, walking towards the table where the blond vampire occupied.

She walked over and took a seat opposite of Rosalie. The blond smirked, "You were right. It is Bella."
"Good, now I can walk over there and punch her in the face."
"Good luck, I've tried. Edward and Alice are protecting her." Rosalie said.
"I don't care if she has a fucking army protecting her, She isn't going to start rumors on me and get away with it." Bre hissed.
"You're alright, kid." Rosalie smiled, "Edward ask her why she done it, and she claims she was trying to help me out." Rosalie laughed, "Like writing a fake letter from you to Emmett was helping me out. When he ask if it had anything to do with Jacob Black, she just fumbled with her words. I'm no idiot, I think Bella is trying to play Edward and Jacob back and forth."
"She was, until Jacob imprinted on me." Bre pointed out, "I think she was scared before. Of possibly losing one of them. As long as she has Jacob as a rebound, then she isn't scared of Edward leaving."

Rosalie laughed, "You're exactly right. But if she doesn't have Jacob as a rebound, then who will she turn to if Edward decides he doesn't want her plain ass anymore." Rosalie spoke angrily.
"Why Emmett though?" Bre ask.

Rosalie sighed, "Maybe she saw a weakness in our relationship. Emmett and I have been fighting a lot lately due to our different views on a topic. Actually the topic is Bella joining our family. I don't think she should, while Emmett doesn't see another way. Then you was paired with Emmett, and maybe Bella thought it was the perfect opportunity. You're spending time with him, getting to know him, therefore many may assume you two have something going on. And with the school assuming that, I'm surely to get mad." Rosalie pointed out.
"And that's just what Bella wants." Bre said, following her words with a soft sigh, "Me to be so distracted by you being angry with me that I wouldn't even think about pointing the finger at someone else."
"Exactly."
"So, what do we do now?" Bre ask.

A evil smile curved into the blond's perfect lips, "I think we should hang out." Rosalie stated.

Bre laughed lightly, "What?"
"It's going to eat Bella alive if she thinks we're friends. Since we can't physically kill her, might as well mentally do so."

Bre sighed, "I guess it wont be too painful to be your friend." Bre said.

Rosalie cackled, "I guess I could tolerate being around a human who normally smells like wet dog, also."
"Wet dog?" Bre ask confused, as she sniffed her shirt.

Rosalie giggled, "It's your friends. . . the uhm, werewolves." Rosalie spoke softly.
"Oh. . ."
"They don't like the smell of us either, so I'm sure you'll hear something negative about your odor after spending lunch with me." Rosalie said.

Bre was going to say something else, but the bell rang. She looked up at the blond who was smiling, "See you around, friend." Rosalie said, walking away from Bre.

Bre stood up and walked over to Valerie and Victoria who both seemed to be very confused.

"Why did you spend lunch with Rosalie Hale?" Victoria ask.
"She and I are friends now, I suppose." Bre said.
"Friends?" Valerie ask, "You're so lucky!"
"First partner with Emmett Cullen, then friends with Rosalie Hale. What is it about you Bre?" Victoria joked.
"I'm just that good." Bre said, playfully with a wink.

The rest of her day seemed to pass by without anymore stares. It seemed like the lunch with Rosalie seemed to squash the rumors. At the end of her last class, she placed her books inside the locker, and then walked off towards the gym where she would meet up with Emmett. She wasn't looking forward to working this afternoon, but she was glad Jacob was probably already waiting in the parking lot for her.

She walked into the gym and easily pointed out Emmett Cullen. He was helping hand things to a small boy on a ladder. Walking over, she joined beside him, smiling as she helped hand stuff as well.

"I heard you and Rosalie talked." Emmett said.
"We did." Bre said.
"You two aren't going to cat fight, right?"

Bre laughed, "I think that'd be one battle I'd lose, don't you think?"

He snickered, "Probably. I also heard you uhm. . . know our secret."
"And I told her it was safe with me."

He nodded his head, "I don't want you and Bella fighting." Emmett said.

Bre looked up at him and had a blank expression on her face, "I'm not going to allow her to just start rumors on me. However; I think Rosalie and I found an alternate way to get under her skin" Bre smiled.
"She started them on me too." Emmett reminded her, "And I'm not looking to beat her up or get under her skin."
"We're two different people."
"Edward won't let you near her to do any physical damage." Emmett said.
"Because he knows what I plan on doing? Guess I'll just stick with mental damage." Bre ask.

Emmett nodded his head. Bre was going to say something but then she heard her name being called. Turning around, she looked towards the voice and grinned seeing it was Jacob. She walked away from Emmett and over to where Jacob was. He pulled her into a hug, burying his face in her hair.

"I missed you." He mumbled.

She smiled, pulling away from their hug. "You was suppose to wait in the parking lot." She said.

He chuckled, "Couldn't wait. By the way, you smell bad."

She sighed, "Well give me another hug. I've got to finish working."
"I'll be waiting on the bleachers." He pointed over to where two other people were sitting.

She nodded her head, hugged him once again and then returned to work.

Emmett chuckled as she walked back over. "Get yourself a new boyfriend?" He ask.

She looked towards Jacob and smiled, "Sure hope so."
"You stink now." He noted.

She rolled her eyes, and continued to work. She finished up as quickly as possible, and then walked back over to where Jacob was standing.

"You ready?" He ask.
"Yeah. . . "

He grinned, taking her hand in his and making an exit from the school. Bre was excited to finally be spending some time with Jacob. There was a lot of things she needed to talk to him about this afternoon, and was hoping he had taken care of the Bella issues.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image