Meant for You

Blind

Bre woke up early the next morning to the sound of her phone ringing. She looked at the time on her digital clock and groaned. Who was up this early in the morning? Rolling over, she picked up the phone and said hello in her sleepy state. She was greeted by a chuckle on the other end, "You sound adorable in the morning." Jacob's voice said, she groaned, "Jake, do you have any idea what time it is?" He laughed, "Early, I know. But I wanted to tell you to be careful today. I also wanted to ask you something." He said, causing her to raise up off the bed with delight.

Was he going to ask her to be his girlfriend finally?

"Okay, ask me." She said.
"You said you were friends with Rosalie Hale. . . right?"
"I guess we're friends, why?" She ask, kind of sad. This wasn't the direction she was hoping their conversation would go in. The last thing she wanted to discuss was vampires.
"Sam thought it'd be smart if maybe you ask the Cullens if they knew the female vampire. We wouldn't want to attack a friend of theirs, and cause a huge war. . . But if it isn't a friend of theirs, then they need to know another vampire is around as well." Jacob explained.
"So you want me to talk to Rosalie about it. . . right?" Bre ask.
"Yeah."
"Is that all you wanted to say?" She ask, hopeful.
"Yeah, I'm sorry I woke you up so early. I didn't know what time you left for school."

Bre sighed, "It's no problem, Jake. Are you sure that's all you wanted to say?" She ask.
He chuckled, "That's it. Have a good day at school."
"Yeah, you too." She mumbled, hanging up the phone and placing a pillow over her head.

She let a small scream escape her lips. Was Jacob Black blind? Could he not see how much she wanted him to ask her out? She went to sleep for about thirty minutes before she had to wake up for school. She wasn't looking forward to today. She was already in a bad mood, and she didn't even feel like going. She would consider skipping, but she knew she needed to speak to Rosalie about the vampire.

She didn't waste any time in getting ready and meeting Cole downstairs. Her brother looked grateful that school was nearly over. Just another week, and it would be summer. Weeks ago, she would have told you her summer plans consisted of avoiding La Push at all cost, but now she knew that she would be spending every waking minute there. She really couldn't wait either.

She and Cole arrived at Forks High a bit early. She planned on taking this time to seek out Rosalie early. She saw her expensive red convertible parked in the same parking spot it was always in, so she knew for a fact the blond vampire was already inside. She walked inside, gathered her books quickly, and then went off in search of Rosalie. She first passed Edward and Bella. She shot Bella a looked that sent shivers down her spine. She would get a hold of her one way or another, and when she did; it wouldn't be a pretty sight. Alice and Edward couldn't protect her every single moment of her life.

She found Rosalie leaned up against a locker talking to Emmett. She walked towards the couple of perfection and cleared her voice. Receiving a smirk from Rosalie. "Hey Bre." The blond said, "Hey. Uhm. I need to talk to you, possibly you too." She said pointing to Emmett.

The two came a bit closer, and she sighed. "I'm just going to spit it out. Jacob and Sam wanted me to tell you guys they caught scent of a vampire. Jacob could tell very little about her though, he just said she had red hair. Anyways, they wanted to know if you guys knew her."
"A red haired vampire?" Emmett ask quickly.
"Yeah, a female red haired vampire. They chased after her, but then she went on your land, they wasn't sure if she was a friend of yours or not, and they didn't want to risk the treaty." Bre explained.

Emmett groaned and looked at Rosalie, at the same time both of them mumbled the name Victoria, causing Bre to raise an eyebrow in confusion. Rosalie shook her head, "I can't believe she's back! She's come back to revenge James."
"Who are James and Victoria?" Bre ask.

Emmett sighed, "You explain it to her, I've gotta go find Edward." He said disappearing down the crowded hallway. Rosalie took in some hair, even though she had no reason for it. "Basically, we had a bit of a run in with another vampire a bit ago. His name was James, and he was a tracker. We were playing baseball and he caught scent of Bella. He then began a game. He wanted to kill her-- however, Edward ended up killing him. He had a mate named Victoria with him, but we always assumed she was just a pawn to him. Now that she's returned. . . We know she must be here to seek her revenge." Rosalie said.
"What's going to happen?" Bre ask.
"I don't know. I need to go speak with Alice and Edward."
"Okay, well. I'll see you later." Bre said.

Bre hurried off to her class, her friend Valerie was in this class along with her. She smiled as Valerie scooted closer to her, "So, where have you been lately?" Val ask. Bre sighed, "Been hanging with Jacob a lot." Valerie grinned, "You two a couple yet?" Bre sighed, "Not yet."

The two girls talked nearly the whole period. Since school was coming close to an end, the teachers were giving them time to study for their finals which was next week. The only thing Bre could concentrate on was Jacob and seeing him this afternoon. She couldn't wait to spend some more time with him. She wondered if he would pop the question tonight. Maybe he's too concerned with the vampires. Or maybe she should just pop the question herself.

The rest of school passed very quickly, and before she knew it, the last bell rung. She emptied her books into her locker, and then walked out of school. Cole was waiting for her in the parking lot. She climbed inside her brother's truck, and couldn't wait to get home to call Jacob. She really hoped something was going on tonight at La Push. She didn't feel like going too far away from home. She was actually concerned about her family now that she knew there was a dangerous vampire lurking the forest of Forks.

When she arrived home, she instantly walked up to her bedroom and dialed Jacob's number. It took a few minutes before anyone answered, and then finally Billy Black's voice was on the other end.

"Is Jacob home?" Bre ask.
"Nope is isn't. I think he's out with Sam and Paul, Bre. I'll tell him to call as soon as he gets back."
"Thanks Billy." Bre said hanging up the phone.

She fell back on her bed and worry washed over her as she thought about Jacob or Paul getting hurt while looking for the vampire. She didn't like this one bit. Just a few months ago she had a normal teenage life. Sure, it had it's drama and difficulty, but it was normal. Now she had been tossed into a supernatural world that involved vampires and werewolves. She knew she was meant to handle it though; after all she was Jacob's imprint.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image