Meant for You

Wake Up Call

Jacob walked inside his house around nine a.m. The long night of patrolling left him feeling tired and sleepy, but he wasn't going to rest now. He wanted to spend time with Bre. He needed to talk to her, and he missed her more than anything. He truly needed to sit down and figured out how he was suppose to ask her to be his girlfriend. He wanted it memorable. He wanted it to be something that she would gush to all of her friends about.

Walking inside his father was sitting in his wheel chair in front of the television. Billy flashed Jacob a soft smile, "Bre called last night."

Jacob walked directly into the kitchen, and took a gallon of milk out of the refrigerator, and gulped down some of the contents, "I stopped by." He said. Billy nodded his head, "You gonna rest now?" He questioned. Jake shook his head, "No time. I need to go see Bre." Billy's face turned to concern, "You can't run on no sleep, Jake." He reminded his son, Jacob laughed, "I also can't function without seeing her. I'll sleep tonight." Jacob said, walking over and picking up the cordless phone. He quickly dialed her number.

Cole picked up, and Jacob could tell Bre was probably still sleeping.

"Is Bre there?" Jacob ask. Cole yawned, "Yeah, hold on Jake, I'll go get her."

Jacob listened as their was shuffling on the other end of the phone. He heard Cole tell Bre to wake up, and then he heard her sleepy voice. It made him smile, and then she answered the phone which made his heart completely melt.

"Jake?" She ask.

He smiled once again, "Hey sleepy butt." He teased.

She yawned, "You call so early. Why aren't you sleeping?"
"Because I wanted to see you." He said truthfully.

She smiled, Jacob's voice was the best wake up call she could have ask for.

"What time did you get in?" She ask.
"Just now. I'm coming over to get you. Get ready!" he said, causing her to giggle.
"What are we doing today?" She questioned.
"I'm not sure just yet. But I'll think of something." He said.

She giggled, "Okay, Jake. I'll see you soon."

Bre hung up her phone and squealed out with delight. Could things go any better? She really couldn't wait to see Jake. She quickly went and began getting ready. Bre was thankful that she only had four more days of school left. She also only had to work with Emmett one more time. She couldn't wait for summer to be here; she couldn't wait to spend it with Jacob.

She got dressed in a pair of simple ripped jeans and a top. She scrunched her hair, and put on little make-up. She raced down the stairs as quickly as her small legs would carry her. Inside the kitchen, she grabbed an apple off the counter and began chomping away on it.

"What's your rush?" Cole ask.
"Jake's coming to get me."
"You two dating or something?" Her brother ask.

She pouted, "Not yet." She said.

He rolled his eyes, "He'll ask you soon. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Oh! Did you know mom and dad are going out to dinner tonight?" Cole ask.

Bre's eyes went wide, "They are?"
"Yeah-- He's taking her to Port Angeles. She finally agreed to talk to him."

Bre squealed out with delight, everything was going perfect for her. She just hoped her father made her mom realize how stupid she was being by staying away from him.

There was a horn blaring from outside and Bre smiled, "That's Jake! I gotta go. I'll be back later!" She yelled, running for the front door. She didn't need to explain to her mother where she was going since it was Saturday and Monica was working the morning shift.

She reached Jacob's rabbit and then pulled open the door with a smile on her face. She got inside, clamped the seat belt, and then looked over at him. He had a large grin on his lips, which made her blush, however she did notice how tried he looked. Bags were forming under his eyes.

"You look sleepy." She stated.

He sighed, "I am a bit." He said, unable to lie to her, "But I wanted to see you today."
"But Jake! You can't go without sleep." Bre protested.

He chuckled, "Plenty of time for sleep later. Right now, I wanna spend some time with you."

She nodded her head, and watched as he began driving outside Forks. She didn't know where he was going, he was heading in a direction that she had never been before.

"What do you have planned?" She ask.

He smirked, "You'll see."

Jacob had worked quickly this morning to come up with an idea. He wanted to ask her out soon, but he also wanted to make it special. He couldn't wait any longer, so he decided that taking her to a special place, having a small picnic, and then asking her as they laid back on a blanket would be a good way. It might not have been as memorable or as original as he would have hoped, but he was sure she would appreciate it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image