Meant for You

Secrets

Jacob flashed her a huge grin before walking over and grabbing a stick from the pile. He placed a marshmallow on it and stuck it in the fire as Embry and Quil walked over to him. She didn't even realize she was starring at him until Leah chuckled darkly beside her. She looked over at her friend and Leah was now shaking her head.

"He likes Bella." Leah said.
"I know." Bre whispered.
"Don't even try it, Bre. . . It'll only end in heartache." Leah said.

Bre nodded her head. She didn't know if Leah was saying that because she wanted everyone else to be just as miserable as she was, or if she was actually looking out for her. She chewed on her bottom lip as she watched the flames. Jared challenged Leah to a race, in attempts to cheer her up, which meant Leah left Bre sitting on the log by herself. She didn't care though, she was too far in thought to even notice.

"Bre Reed's quiet. . . What is the world coming to?" She heard someone say.

She looked up and half smiled when she saw who it belonged to. Jacob Black was standing on the opposite side of the fire beside Quil. His eyes seemed fixed on her though. She watched as he looked over at Quil, and said something, and then began walking away. Before she even realized where he was going, he was sitting on the log beside her. He looked over at her, his charcoal eyes burning into her chocolate ones.

"So, how come you're so silent tonight?" Jacob ask, "That's not like you." He laughed.
"I don't know. . . Guess I'm just not feeling too well."
"Well, cheer up." He said, "I know if I can enjoy myself after school and work, then you can too."

She placed a small smile on her lips.

"See, that's what I'm talking about." Jacob said.

She giggled, "You're too funny, Jake."
"So I've been told. What's new with you?" He ask.
"Nothing at all."
"Really?" He ask.
"Really." She said flatly.

Jacob ran his fingers through his long hair. He didn't know what to say to her.

"You wanna go for a walk?" He ask all of a sudden.

She was shocked when he ask her that. She nodded her head softly, and then walked off with Jacob. They walked down by the beach in silence. All that could be heard was the sounds of the waves.

"The stars are really pretty tonight." Bre said, looking up at the bright sky.

Jacob looked up and saw what she was talking about, but he thought something else was beautiful. He looked at her standing under the moon light, and he completely forgot about his feelings for Bella. Her long hair, her button nose, her chocolate eyes. Everything about Bre was perfect to him. He had always thought about making a move on her, but he knew it wouldn't be fair, not with him still having some sort of feelings for Bella.

"So, what are you plans for the summer?" Jacob ask.

She sighed, and then tilted her head to the side and nibbled on her bottom lip as she thought about her answer briefly.

"I'm not sure-- I don't think we're vacationing since mom and dad are having problems. . . So, I guess one or two trips to Port Angeles will be it."
"Your mom and dad need to work things out." Jacob stated.

She laughed, "Tell me about it! Mom is just so stubborn though."

Jacob licked over his lips as he starred at her. It was the perfect opportunity to make a move on her. They was under the stars, by the beach. Any woman would think this is romantic. He sucked in a deep breath and walked over towards her. Could he do it? If he kissed her-- just a simply kiss, would it prove that she meant even more to him than he thought? Jacob pondered for a second, and then decided that he might as well go for it. The worse that could happen is a hand print on his cheek.

Before he could even get close to her, her cell phone began going off. He closed his eyes and cursed at technology under his breath. He watched as she dug it out of her tight jeans and flipped it open.

"Cole?" She ask.
"Get back to the fire. . . Paul and Jared are both sick!"
"Sick? What happened?"
"I don't know. . . But-- they look pretty bad."
"We're on our way."

She flipped her phone shut and Jacob could tell something was wrong. Her eyes burned with worry.

"Jared and Paul are sick."
"What's wrong with them?"
"I don't know-- Cole said he didn't know, but it looked bad."

Jacob nodded his head and then they took off running towards the fire. Jacob was impressed that Bre kept up with him. She wasn't much of an athlete when it came to school sports, but she was active, and an amazing skateboarder.

"What's wrong?" Bre screamed, seeing Paul laying against a log clutching to his stomach.

He looked pale, and she could tell he was sick. Something was defiantly wrong with him.

"I don't know! Jred took first, then Paul. . ." Cole said
"We need to take them to the hospital."
"No." A voice came from behind them.

Bre turned around and saw Sam Uley walking out from the forest. Why wouldn't Sam want Jared and Paul to go to the hospital?

"They could have food poisoning!" Bre said.
"It's nothing to worry about. Some of the elders are on their way-- you guys need to head home." Sam said.
"I'm not leaving Paul!" Bre said.
"Bre, we can handle it." Sam said.
"I don't care if you can handle it." She said with attitude, "I am not leaving him."

Paul had always been like a brother to her, hell he was practically her brother. She loved him just as much as she loved Cole, and she would always be there for him.

It didn't take long for a few of the Elders to come. They made everyone leave, even Quil, Jacob, and Embry. Leah had took off as soon as she saw Sam heading their way. Bre had kissed Paul's cheek, and told him she would check on him as soon as possible. Cole placed her in the truck and headed towards their home. She starred out of the window with tears streaming down her face.

She didn't know what was going on-- but it didn't seem right. Sam and the elders neither thought it was necessary that Paul or Jared go to the hospital, and it was clear they were in excessive amounts of pain. What were they hiding?