Meant for You

Something

Bre rolled over and glanced at the digital clock sitting on her night stand. It was flashing '6:23' in bright red. She had hardly slept at all. She was so worried about Paul and Jared. Especially, Paul, who was like her brother. She tossed the covers off her legs and picked up her cell phone from the table. She checked to see if she had any new messages, but she didn't. Frowning, she slipped on a pair of jeans she had laying over her desk chair, and grabbed her skateboard from the corner of her room. She didn't care that it was barely day light out. She needed to get her mind off the things going on in La Push.

Something that she knew wasn't right.

Something was wrong with Paul and Jared-- something that needed attention. She just didn't know why the Elders and Sam seemed to think they would be just fine.

Shaking her head of any thoughts, she walked out the front door, hoping to not wake her sleeping family. She walked down to the side walk, and then placed the board under her feet and began skating. It wasn't too cold or rainy in Forks today, which surprised her. It wasn't the best place to skateboard, but she made due with the weather. Every so often she would keep checking her phone for any voice mails or text messages. It was very unusual for Paul to not let her know what was going on. The two of them told each other everything.

After nearly an hour of skating, she felt a vibration in her pocket. She stuck her hands in her pockets, and fished for her phone quickly. Smiling, when she saw she had received a text message, but frowning when she realized it was just from Val.

'Wanna hang tonight?' it read.

Bre sighed. She was suppose to go to a bonfire at La Push later tonight, but was that still happening with Jared and Paul so sick? She pulled her phone out of her pocket and texted the one person who would know about the bonfire.

'Is the bonfire still on? Any news on P or J?' Bre texted to Quil.

She skated for at least another hour before she received a text back.

'It's canceled. No news on the guys.' Quil texted back.

Bre frowned. No bonfire meant no hanging out at La Push, which meant no seeing Paul, who she was super worried about, or Jacob, who she found herself missing when she wasn't near him. She groaned as she texted Val back and told her she would hang out. Anything to take her mind off the hectic chaos that surrounded her.

Bre skated back home, and walked inside. She could smell pancakes and bacon as soon as she opened the front door. She grinned as she placed her board in the corner of the room and unlaced her sneakers. Walking into the kitchen, she saw her beautiful mother slaving over a hot stove.

"You're awake, already?" Monica ask.
"Yeah, already been for a skate."
"On a Saturday?" Her mom ask shocked.

Bre laughed, "Yeah Mom, On a Saturday!"

Monica smiled, "Okay then, go wake up Cole."

Bre nodded her head, and began making her way up the stairs. She pounded on the door with the skull and cross bone sign. She knew Cole wouldn't wake up with a simple pounding. She opened the door. She walked inside and laughed when she saw her brother hanging half off the bed, drooling on his pillows.

"COLE!" She screamed.

He didn't even flinch. Rolling her eyes she walked over and shoved him. He seemed to move a bit when she done that.

"Mom fixed breakfast."

That's all it took to get his attention. She laughed as he ran down the stairs quickly, leaving her in his room all alone. Rolling her eyes, she walked out of the room and down the stairs. He was already eating when she walked into the kitchen. Bre ate herself some breakfast and then scanned her eyes over the newspaper laying on the table. Nothing too interesting seemed to be happening.

"Well kids, I've got to get to work."
"Have fun, Mom." Cole said.
"I may be a little late, it seems like a flu is going around. We have two nurses and a doctor out. So, I'll be helping Dr. Cullen today, and you know he sometimes works over time." She said smiling.

Cole rolled his eyes when he heard his mother's vehicle start up and leave the drive way, "I bet all those nurses have problems with their husbands because their always eying that doctor. They probably planted a seed in moms head that he's interested in her."
"Why would mom care about him? She has dad."
"All girls are interested in Cullen guys for some reason-- You saw what an up roar it was when Edward got took off the market."
"Well, I'm a girl and I'm not interested in any Cullen."
"Only because you like Jacob."

Bre narrowed her eyes and shot her brother a look of disapproval.

"I'm going out with Val and Vic tonight. Do me a favor and check on Paul."
"I'm heading over that way later today. Gonna help dad and Jake around the shop. Then I'll stop by Paul's house."
"Okay. Phone me if you find out anything."
"I will."

Bre then walked out of the kitchen to go get ready for her day with the girls.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image