Meant for You

Miserable

Bre was sitting inside the Pizza Shack with Val and Vic. She was pulling random pepperonis off her slice of pizza and placing them onto her plate. She wasn't interested in eating, or socializing. She couldn't take her mind off Paul. She knew something was very wrong.

"Come on, Bre! Snap outta it." Val said.

Bre looked up into her friends warm green eyes and tried to force a smile upon her face, but it was really no use. She was miserable, and everyone could see it. Bre heard the door of the shack open up behind her, but she was uninterested in who came in.

"Hey Bre. . . isn't that some of your guy friends from La Push." Vic said.

She turned around and saw Quil and Embry up at the countering ordering. She excused herself from the booth and walked over to them. Quil turned around with a small frown upon his lips.

"Any news?" She ask.
"Nope. . . I saw your brother on the res though."
"Yeah, he's suppose to try to find out if Paul's okay."
"They won't let him in-- They are keeping him and Jared off to themselves."
"That is stupid! They could really be hurt!" Bre said.

Quil and Embry both felt the same as Bre did. They had saw how much pain both Jared and Paul was in, they was equally as worried as she was. She talked to them just a few minutes longer before returning to her table with her friends. Bre noticed Valerie watching Quil and Embry walk out of the shack, and she rolled her eyes.

"They are so cute." Val said.
"You think every male is cute." Vic pointed out, which caused Bre to smile lightly.

The girls finished up their meal and then had plans of catching a movie in town, but Bre backed out. She wanted to know what was going on with Paul.

"I'll catch you guys on Monday." She stated.
"You sure?"
"Positive. I really need to check on Paul."
"Okay. . . Call if you need anything."

Bre nodded her head, and began walking down the street that led to her house. She pulled her cell phone out of her pocket and dialed her brother's number, hoping he had good news. But what made her smile, was when someone beeped in before Cole had a chance to answer. Paul was flashing on her screen, and she quickly pressed the button.

"P?" She ask quickly.
"Hey Bre." He spoke-- his voice was different. Deeper, and stained. He sounded as if he was in pain.
"Are you okay?" She ask softly.
"Fine. . . Just wanted to let you know, don't worry. I'll be fine."
"I'm coming to see you!"
"No!!" Paul nearly screamed, "You can't. . . not for awhile. . .just stay away for a couple of weeks. ."
"WEEKS?" She said, "Paul! What's wrong with you?" She ask
"I can't tell you-- just trust me. I'll be okay. Just stay away from me, Bre."

She agreed, even though she didn't want to stay away from him at all. Once he hung up, she felt the salty tears falling down her cheeks. Why would he want her to stay away? Had he caught some sort of contagious disease?

She didn't like the idea of not seeing Paul for weeks. They could hardly go a day without talking to each other, how were they going to go weeks without seeing each other? She began aimlessly walking down the streets of Forks, not knowing what to think about Paul's situation. At least she knew he was alive, but for some reason; she felt as if he wasn't telling her the whole story.

She walked up the steps of her home, pulling the white door open and stepping inside. Cole was stretched out on the couch watching boxing.

"You called me. . . and hung up!" He said.
"Sorry, Paul beeped in." Bre stated.
"YOU TALKED TO PAUL?"
"Briefly. . . Why, didn't you get to see him?"
"No! He isn't even at his house. He's at Sam Uley's." Cole stated, "What did he say?"
"Said he was fine, and I can't see him for awhile."
"Why?" Cole ask.
"I don't know. . . he didn't say." Bre said.

Cole sighed, "Something weird is happening."
"I know." Bre stated.

Cole flipped through the channels and then said something that made Bre's heart pick up pace, "Jacob ask about you today."
"He did?" Bre ask, hoping to not turn pink in the cheeks.

Cole laughed at her, "Yeah. He was at dad's garage. I stopped off, and he ask how you were."
"Is that all?"
"I told him you were fine-- and he mentioned being bummed out because the bonfire had been canceled." Cole explained.

She sighed. She was bummed out as well. She was really looking forward to seeing Jacob tonight but all of that was shot to hell.

"He mentioned going to the movies though." Cole said.
"Movies?" Bre ask.

She frowned. She was suppose to go to the movies with Val and Vic, but canceled. That was just her luck.

"So, what's your plans for tonight, little sister?" Cole ask.
"I don't know. . . I figured I may hang myself out of my bedroom window for all the town to see."

Cole chuckled, "Such a creative imagination. How about we play some guitar hero!" Cole suggested.
"Why?" Bre ask with a grin, "I always beat you."
"Whatever!" Cole said, getting up and grabbing the guitar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the lovely xXButterflyXSkullsXx for the newest banner!!
Image