Meant for You

Cult

Weeks had passed and Bre still hadn't heard from Paul. She had spoke to Quil and Embry, and they had told her he and Jared had both changed. They didn't want to hang out with anyone but Sam Uley. They didn't speak to anyone, and they looked like complete monsters. Quil had said, Paul 'buffed' up, and completely cut his hair short. She didn't know what to think about what was happening to her best friend, but she didn't get involved either. As she promised him, she was staying away.

She sighed, as she walked inside her father's garage. Her mother had dropped her off, since Cole had went into Port Angeles, and she was going to work. Bre didn't wanna be left at home alone, she would rather be stuck handing her father tools. She assumed that Jacob wasn't working today since her father didn't mention anything about him on the phone earlier when she called.

She smiled seeing her dad standing over the hood of a Ford truck.

"Hey Dad." She said.
"Hey Breezy, how are you?" Her dad ask, not taking his eyes from the car.
"Good."
"Do me a favor. . . Go inside the office and tell Jake to come out and give me a hand."

Jacob was here? Her heart began speeding up, as she walked towards the small room linked to the garage. Her father called it his office, but it was really just a place to get away from all the fumes of the garage. She opened the old door and looked in at Jacob. He was typing away on her father's ancient desk top which was on his old metal desk.

"Dad needs you." Bre said.

Jacob turned around and flashed her a wide toothy grin, "Alright. I'll be right there. Just need to place this order for parts." He said.

She nodded her head, and then shut the door behind her. Just a minute later, Jacob came out of the 'office'. He began handing Bre's dad tools that he needed. After nearly twenty minutes, her father closed the hood and grinned.

"That should do it for now. Though I need to run to Port Angeles for some parts."

Bre whined. That probably meant she would have to go to Port Angeles as well. She didn't want to go with Cole this morning, and she didn't want to go with her dad. She really didn't like Port Angeles that much, and she honestly didn't want to leave Jacob.

"You wanna go Bre?" Her dad ask.
"Not really. . . Can I just stay here and surf the net?" She ask.
"Or you could come hang out with me." Jacob suggested.

She turned around and gave him a half smile.

"Yeah, go hang out with Jake for a bit. I'll be back in a couple of hours."
"Okay." She said grinning.

She and Jacob walked out of the garage and towards the reservation.

"Seen Paul lately?" She ask.

Jacob frowned, "Nope. He's been hanging with Sam a lot."
"I heard."
"You did? Who from?"
"Quil."
"You've talked to Quil? I haven't seen you around here in awhile."

She half smiled again, "I haven't been around. . . but I do call people." She laughed.

Jacob frowned, "You don't call me." He stated.

Bre looked at him for a second. Did he actually want her to call him?

"You never call me either." She said.
"I don't have your number."
"Like you'd call me anyways." She laughed.

He sighed. Did this girl really have no clue he liked her?

"You wanna head over to the cliffs?" Jacob ask.
"Sure,no diving for me today." Bre said, it was too cold for that.

Jacob smiled, "Okay. We can just watch the others." He stated.

They began walking up the steep hill, which led them to the cliffs. She saw Embry running down the path and she burrowed her eyebrows together.

"What's wrong?" She ask.
"It's Quil!" He yelled.
"What happened?" Jacob ask.
"He's took sick-- Just like Paul and Jared." Embry explained.

Jacob took off running up to the top of the hill, hoping to help his friend. Bre followed behind him, reaching Quil just a few seconds after Jacob.

"It hurts so bad!" Quil said.
"It's going to be okay." Jacob assured him.
"No, it's not!"

Embry soon returned with Sam, Paul, and Jared.

Paul looked surprised to see Bre there. She waited for him to talk, but he never said a word. She was positive that they hadn't even made direct eye contact. It was as if he was avoiding looking into her eyes for some reason. He just helped Sam and Jared with Quil, leaving Embry, herself, and Jacob standing there by themselves. She had to admit she was hurt by the fact that Paul didn't even say hello or look at her.

"It's some sort of cult, I swear." Jacob stated, "And I don't want to be apart of it."
"Poor Quil-- Should we go find out what's wrong?" Embry ask.

Jacob shook his head, "What's the point? Sam won't allow us near him. . . Guess we lost Quil too." He said.

Jacob turned back and looked at Bre. He could tell she was hurt due to Paul not saying a word to her. He sighed, he wanted to show her a good time, to get her mind off whatever was going on between Sam Uley and the guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image