Meant for You

Worried

Bre found herself at Jacob Black's house watching a movie on his small television set. Billy Black, his father was out fishing with Chief Swan. Even though she was inside her crushes living room, with the lights turned off, and sitting close beside him on the couch, she couldn't help but to think about Paul and his problem. What did Jacob mean when he said "Sam's Cult?", and why didn't Paul even say hi to her or even look at her in the eyes?

"You okay?" She heard Jacob whisper.

She looked over at Jacob and shook her head. He reached over and grabbed the remote and paused the horror movie playing on the screen.

"What's wrong?"
"I'm worried about Paul."
"We're all worried, Breezy." Jacob said.
"No, Jake . . You don't understand. Paul and I are close."

Jacob didn't know if he understood her correctly. Did she mean that she and Paul was secretly dating?

"Are you and Paul together?"

She rolled her eyes, "No, Jake! He's like my brother. . . That's gross- We're just close, he tells me everything, and now that he isn't talking to me at all, I'm kind of worried."
"I haven't seen him actually talk to anyone but Sam and Jared over the past couple of weeks."
"That isn't like Paul."

Jacob sighed, "I'm sure it's nothing to be worried about."
"But you mentioned a cult."

Jacob laughed, "I was just calling it that Bre, I don't actually know what's going on."
"It makes sense though."
"A cult?"
"Yeah! Or a gang." Bre suggested, "Why else would Paul and Jared just not speak to anyone? I'm scared Quil's gonna be next!" Bre said.
"Just calm down." Jacob said, "Everything will be fine, I'm sure it's just a phase."
"What if they're on drugs!"
"Paul and Quil on drugs. . . Come on Bre, get real."

Bre sighed, "I'm scared." She whispered.
"Of what?" Jacob ask softly.
"What if you're next?" She said, looking into his deep brown eyes.

Jacob could see it in her eyes that she had feelings for him. Probably even stronger than what he felt for her. He placed a soft smile upon his lips, and looked at her.

"Nothing is going to happen to me, Bre. . . I'm smarter than that." He stated.

She smiled softly, "But what if you can't help it?"
"I can."
"But what if you can't!"
"I can. . ." Jacob repeated himself.
"But. . ."
"Stop it!" He said, "I'm going to be fine. Don't worry about me, Alright?"
"Fine." She said, and crossed her arms over her chest.

Jacob smiled, "Can I tell you something, Bre?" He ask.
"Sure." She said, turning her attention towards him.

Jacob smirked. Finally he was going to make his move-- and instead of telling her he liked her, he was going to show her instead. He scooted a bit closer, and placed his hand under her chin, bringing her eyes up to meet him. He smiled, as he leaned close in to her. His lips were so close to hers, barely touching. He could feel her warm breath on him, he grinned as he moved in closer, hoping to close the gap between them.

"Jacob?" A familiar voice said, swinging the door open.

Jacob turned around and looked into Bella Swan's eyes, which were wide and budging out of her head.

"Oops." She said, and began heading for the door, "Sorry! Billy told me to come on in." She stated.
"Bella, Wait!" Jacob called after her.

What was he suppose to do? Both of the girls he liked was here.

Bre watched as Jacob disappeared out of the house. She wasn't stupid. She knew that before Bella walked in he was going to kiss her. But she was actually glad he didn't. Maybe, Bella walking in just saved her a lot of heart break. She got up off the couch and tried to prevent the tears that wanted to escape. She just realized that no matter what happened between her and Jacob-- no matter if they ever got a relationship or not, when it come down to it; Bella would always come first to him.

Just as she was about to walk out the front door, Jacob walked in shaking his head.

"Where are you going?" He ask.

Bre just shook her head, "I'm walking back to dad's garage."
"I'll walk with you." Jacob stated.
"No, I want to walk alone."
"Bre. . . It's not what it looked like."
"No, Jake. It's everything that it looks like." She stated turning around to face him. Her eyes were now glazed over with tears begging to escape. "You know I like you-- it's kind of obvious. It just sucks that you was actually going to kiss me, even though you like Bella."
"I like you too!" Jacob said.

She laughed, "You can't like multiple girls at once, Jacob Black. You're just a confused teenage boy."

"I am confused! I will admit that, Bre! But I do like you."
"But yet, you don't run after me. You don't chase me like you do Bella. I'm never going to be good enough."

Her words cut through him like a knife.
Image

"I think it'd be best if we just stayed away from each other."
"Bre, don't do this."
"Bye Jacob." She stated, and turned around and began walking back towards her dad's garage.

Jacob stood there for a few minutes and watched her. He could tell she needed some time alone, and knew Bre good enough to not go after her. When she was ready to talk, she would come to him.

Paul watched as Bre walked down Jacob's drive way. He still hadn't made eye contact of her. He was so scared of imprinting on a girl who he considered a sister. He wanted to talk to her; to see what had happened. But; he didn't need to hear what she had to say to know what happened. Jacob had broke her heart.

"I'm going to go rip his fucking head off." Paul said.
"Calm down, you don't want to shift." Sam warned him.
"She's like my little fucking sister, Sam! I can't stand keeping this shit from her!"
"You have to!" Sam said.
"I fucking hate this." Paul said, running out of the house into the woods, where he exploded into his wolf form.