Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 10: Animal Crackers

::Tony's POV::

Brooke and Lilian were grocery shopping today. Brooke just got out of school and was on her day off at work. I decided it wouldn't hurt to just go in myself and stay a isle behind them. So that's what I did. Brooke got a cart and put Lillian in the seat securely and strolled inside Superior Grocers. I walked in after she did. I noticed she was starting from the left of the store and reminded myself to keep the distance. I can hear her talking to Lili from the isle I was in which was just cross from her.

"What do you think about oatmeal, huh? You don't want to eat baby food for the rest of your life. That would be kinda weird." She said joking with her as she toss instant oatmeal in the cart. "Hmm... I suppose I better get junk food for Mandy when she comes over..." She pondered as she walked down the isle. She was getting closer so I had to walk to the next isle. I couldn't see her but I could hear her footsteps along with the turning wheels of the cart.

"Due." I heard Lillian say. Brooke laughed which made my unbeating heart melt. Her laughs where like lullabies. Soft and melodic. Then Lillian started to make babbling sounds which made me laugh. She was saying absolutely nothing, and everything in the world at the same time. I heard things being tossed into the cart and more movement. I moved down quickly and kept my face hidden. I knew she wouldn't see Tony but now she knew Tarri. I couldn't risk her see neither one of us.

Brooke hummed to Lillian as she scanned the shelves, tossing random things she need into the cart. I kept moving down as she walked up. She looked beautiful as always. She made the most simple thing as a jeans and a band t-shirt look like it should be the latest style in a magazine. I smiled and moved to the next isle.

"Lili, do you want some gram crackers? How about animal crackers?" She questioned. Since I was on the other side I couldn't see Lili's options or answer. But in my opinion I would choice animal crackers. Brooke always made fun of my love for little old fashioned animal crackers. No one really knew I liked them except her. She never told a soul either. She always use to buy me some and tease me with them before she actually gave then to me. I heard her fake gasp. "Animal crackers! You are you father's daughter."

That got to me. Not only was my baby girl just like me, I could hear the sadness in Brooke's voice. Like she was going to cry. I've seen her cry over me before and it kills me each time. Now I could feel her. She was directly on the other of the isle. This was the closest I've been to her since I ordered at the diner she worked at. The thought that directly through this shelf, was Brooke made my heart jump. But the moment was ruin once a group of girls came my way, closing me in.

"Hi." One of them said. I smiled politely and chuckled nervously.

"Hello." I replied and they giggled.

"Uh," Another started. "We were just wondering-" I stopped listening because I could see Brooke's cart pulling this way. The cart was slowly being pushed into view of the isle. It stopped once Lilian was in view. She looked over at me and smiled making her whole face light up. She was playing with her box of crackers. I was starting to panic. As soon as I saw signs of the cart moving forward again, I turned my back.

"Are you okay?" I one of the other girls asked me.

"Yeah." I squeaked out "I just uh..."

"Excuse me." I heard Brooke's voice. Shit.

"Yeah...?" One of the girls asked.

"Can I get to this shelf, please?" Brooke's innocent voice sounded so soft. It was pure and alway have been.

"Yeah, Yeah. Let go talk somewhere else, girls." I said quickly but cooly with my back still turned to Brooke as I put my arms around two of the girls so they wouldn't ask any question or try to stay longer. It worked because they just giggled. The other ones followed. I sighed when we were far enough. "Listen I have to go. I'll see you girls around." I left before they said anything.

That was close. What is going on with these close calls. I don't think its healthy to be this stressed out. Even for a vampire. I walked down the isle looking for Brooke. I finally found her in an isle with a older couple that was shopping together and a mid-aged couple. But I had to keep a even farther distances now. So I stay behind the far ends of the isles.

"Okay. How about the veggies, huh, Lili?" She smiled at Lili and started to grab the ones she needed. Then she went to get fruit. "Grandma would kill me if she came over and we didn't have any fruit in the house. Then she'd take you home and never give you back." Lillian pointed to the pears. "Yeah... can you say pear? No? Pear." Lillian tried to say it but it never came out in english. "Come on. Say pear for mommy." She smiled and handed Lilian a pear. The mid-aged couple passed by and gave her dirty looks. Probably because they knew she was a teenage mother. Brooke kind of shunk in place and pushed the cart away to another place. That pissed me off. I knew Brooke was too kind hearted to stand up for herself but that didn't mean I didn't have to.

I pulled my hood on and walked passed the couple as I snatched an apple from the bottom row, making the whole pyramid of apples fall on the ground. The couple didn't see it and slipped on them. They fell and got hit with apples that continued to fall off the stand. The old man laughed not too far away. His elder wife wacked his beer belly at his rudeness but he only laughed harder. I would have done worse. It crossed my mind at least 5 times in the past 2 seconds. But I couldn't 1.) it would traumatize the old people. 2.) it was a public place. 3.) I really don't need the police after me when I'm suppose to be on the down low. Those apples were just a last resort, it was pretty funny. I smirked as I walked away.

___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___

::Brooke's POV::

You think too much Brooke.

Mandy said over the phone. It was 10 o' clock I was in the bed, in the dark, with Lillian sleep next to me. She had her pacifier in her mouth and was laying on her stomach. The only light in the room was the moonlight through the window.

"I am not. I just..." I sighed and put my hand on my forehead. "I just know I'm not going to be ready when Lillian grows up asking where her father is."

That's simple. Just say I'm her daddy. She'll never know the difference.

We both laughed. I laughed quietly so I didn't wake Lillian. Leave it to Mandy to make me laugh at a time I was being completely serious. "Yeah, I just might do that..."

You should. It'd be alot easier

"Oh, I can't. Then she'd be confused why her friends have male fathers and her's is a female one. That's not gonna be easy to explain." I groaned as i rubbed my eyes.

Then get a boyfriend or something... One that I approve of, of course

"No. I'm not gonna date and I'm certainly not gonna get one if I scare him off when my daughter calls him daddy." I laughed. "Listen I'ma go to bed. See you tomorrow."

Love you

I sighed and hung up. I looked at Lili and gently rubbed her back. Its gonna be tough to take care of her by myself but I love her and I'll do anything for her.