Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 11: All At Once

::Brooke's P.O.V::

I'm no supermom but I try to be. I was currently trying to study with Mandy over the phone, get Lillian her snack and bottle, and put up the groceries I didn't put up yesterday. We got back and it was time to put Lillian to sleep. But I put in all the refrigerated stuff up so they wouldn't spoil. Lillian was in her high chair playing with her baby keys and toy cell phone while I was switching back and forth between everything I was doing. Good Grief...

::No One's P.O.V::

Okay...page 342...

Mandy said over the phone. Brooke had the phone balanced between her chin and shoulder as she was quickly placing cans in the cabinet.

"Oh. Wait, wait, wait." She said and jogged to the kitchen table to turn the page. "Okay. Ready." She ran back to the sink to wash out a bottle for Lillian.

The Southern Colonies developed an economy based on?

Brooke looked up to think about the question as she dried out the bottle. "Um....agriculture...?" She guessed.

Right on, girly!

Mandy said to pump Brooke up. Brooke smiled and poured milk into the bottle. She then sat it down and picked up some more food to put away.

The colonists protested the Stamp Act by?

"By..." Brooke trailed off as she thought about it. As she thought, she put chips on the counter, put a tiny bit of sugar in Lillian's bottle, put the top on and put it in the microwave, then ran to the table to scratch her head and look at the question again. "refusing to buy goods from Britain." She stated.

Ding, ding, ding. Correct. The revival of religious feeling in the 1700's was called?

Mandy then started to hum the Jeopardy waiting music which wasn't helping Brooke at all. She racked her brain for an answer so the humming would stop as she finally gave Lillian her bottle, put up the milk and sugar she used and grabbed spices to put away in the cabinets.

"...the Great Awakening?"

YES!

Brooke sighed in relief. She started to put away the spices she bought. Brooke didn't notice her daughter reaching for the animal crackers on the top of the refrigerator. Lillian just stared up at the crackers, hungrily, waiting for her mother to get them for her. Brooke ran to the table and turned the page.John Locke asserted that all people were born with the right to?

Brooke blew out air from her lungs. She wasn't sure if she could handle anymore questions. Her head was starting to hurt. "Umm...." She trailed off and Mandy started to humming again. She knew Mandy wasn't doing it on purpose but that humming for really starting to piss her off. But she didn't say anything. She just thought faster as she open a bag of rice and started to pour it into a labeled jar. "life, liberty and..."

AND....

Brooke sighed and thought harder as she put the rest of the cans into the cabinet and turned the page of the history book to look at the question." self-government...?" She said uncertain.

...mmm...no. Sorry.

Brooke let out a loud groan and stomped her foot. "Fu....Frosted Flakes!" She shouted trying not to curse in front of Lillian who was still eye-balling the animal crackers. Brooke put a hand on her forehead "Oh, wait. Did I get frosted flakes?" She questioned and looked down at the bags on the floor of the kitchen. When she found the cereal and put it at the top of the refrigerator and started to gather all the white bags that was on the floor.

Wow... you got too much on your mind, Brookie.

"I know, I know." Brooke whined. "I can't help it though- OH! Lillian's birthday is next month." She said standing up straight. "What should we do?" Brooke asked. And Mandy laughed at her friend for having a million things that she was thinking about all at once. "Oh yeah. I need to get Lillian's snack." Brooke said remembering just giving her a bottle in this chaos kitchen. Now she was feeling bad for ignoring her baby girl. She turned to the refrigerator and screamed.

"OH MY GOD! LILLIAN!" Brooke screamed, dropping and breaking the phone. She reached up to grab her daughter who was happily enjoying her animal crackers on top of the refrigerator. Brooke grabbed her and held her in her arms before placing her back in the high chair. She took deep breaths to calm herself down and get her heart to a normal rate. She covered her face in her hands and let out a dry sob. "Oh god." She never been so scared in her life. She slid down to the floor and leaned her head back to hold back the tears that were forming. She sighed and looked up at Lilian in the high chair.

Lilian was still gnawing on her crackers when she offered one to Brooke. Brooke couldn't help but smile and take it. She doesn't know how long she sat there but when she finally relaxed, she looked over at the broken phone. "Oh, Geez..." She muttered and picked up the broken pieces. Once it was in the trash, there was a knock at the door. Brooke answered it and a frantic Mandy ran in with a bat in her hand.

"What happened? I heard screaming and the line went dead." She said looking through the apartment and swinging the bat around. Brooke shook her head at the sight and grabbed the bat.

"Dee-Dee... it's okay. No one's here. But, man, do I have to tell you something..." She said closing the door and putting the bat down.

___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___

"That's insane! How did she get up there?" Mandy said hugging the little girl in her arms, into her chest.

Brooke sighed. "I have no idea. I think, maybe I was too busy thinking about the questions you were asking me and, I don't know, put her up there myself?" She rubbed her temples and shrugged.

"You put her up there?" She asked confused.

"I don't know." Brooke whined and stood up, pacing. "Maybe. I was doing so many things at once. I was putting food away, thinking about Lillian's first birthday, answering history questions, getting Lillian her bottle... I don't remember even picking her up!" She shouted.

"Well, maybe. I mean she couldn't have got there by herself." Mandy said and looked at Lili. Lillian smiled and clapped her hands together, making Mandy laugh.

Brooke was biting her nail as she watched the little girl. "No...I guess not...."