Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 15: Birthday

::Brooke's POV::

"Happy Birthday, Lili!"

We all shouted. All being me, Mandy, and my Mom and Dad. We were at my parents' house for Lilian's first birthday. Lilian was in her high chair in her new birthday clothes, cheeful as always. I think she gets it from Tony. Things had finally calmed down. It had been a month since that weird incident and my date. I didn't date anymore --like I said-- and now it was Lilian's birthday. Novermber 18th. Just to think I gave birth a full year ago. Lilian was growing up so fast.

"Okay, Okay." Mom squealed as she held up a big wrapped box. "Mines first." She smiled and clapped after putting it down in front of Lili. Who wasn't even paying attention because she was busy pulling on a birthday balloon and playing with its string.

"Look, Lilian!" She looked up at me then the box. "Its a gift from Grandma. Its rather large one at that." I said and started pulling at the paper. Soon, Lilian followed what I was doing and started ripping the paper. We opened the box it and it was sets and sets of clothes. "Wow... grandma..." I said looking at all of the matching clothes.

"Alight!" I heard a country accent which could only be my father. "Mine next!" He said and pull a small bike out of the kitchen.

"Look Lilli! Grandpa got you a little pink bike!" I said smiling as I picked up Lili out her chair and walked over to it. I put her in front of it and she touched it. I stood her up on her feet and let her lean on it. She looked look down at it and giggled. I rang the little bell on it and she did it afterwards. Next thing we knew, she wouldn't stop ringing it. I laughed.

"At least she likes it." Dad said and crossed his arms as he watched her.

"Dad, do you think it was a good idea to get her a bike. I mean she's not even walking in a straight line yet." I muttered over at him and copied his pose.

"I bought you a bike around her age. You turned out just fine." He said. I sighed and nodded. I guess i was just being a mother and worrying too much.

"My Turn!" Mandy said as she just finally unpacked a whole bunch of bags from Wal-Mart.

"Oh no, Dee-Dee. She's just a baby she doesn't need all this stuff. " I said stepping over all the bags. "Whatever it all is."

"Come down, Mama. Its only toys." She smiled. "Happy Birthday, sweetheart." She said picking up Lilian and kissing her cheeks.

"This is like... a million toys." I said standing in the middle of the bags and gesturing to all of them.

Mandy looked at the bag covered floor. "Oh yeah, about that. I couldn't chose just one. Plus, they were all so cute and Lili deserves the best." She smiled innocently. I rolled my eyes and started going through the bags. There all kind of toys, children's books, and games for babies at the age of 1-7. So it would last for a while.

"Okay well, I guess it's my present next" I said and smiled at my babygirl in my best friend's arms. I pulled a music box and watch as she looked at it. It use to be my mothers then it was mine; now it was her's. I pulled it open and it had space for her to put anything she wanted inside and a small mirror to look into. It was wooden made with a polished, flower design on it. A soft lullaby started playing. "And so its passed on..." I said softly to her.

She seemed to like it because she touched it and muttered her baby talk for us to hear. My mother got teary eyed and left the room, sniffing. My father followed to console her. Mandy smiled.

"What a mother-daughter moment." She said making me laugh. About an hour went by and Lili, me and Mandy were on the floor, properly looking at all the toys she's gotten. Both me and Mandy popped up as we heard something moving outside the front door. I slowly stood up and walked up to the door. I decided to press my ear against the door. I could hear the shifting behind it but then it stopped. I pressed my hands against the door and listened more closely. Nothing. I pulled back and looked straight at the door as I reached for the door knob. I quickly twisted it and pulled it open.

I took in a breath as I let my eyes wonder. I sighed as I saw nothing there but the frontyard and the neighbor walking her dog. I was about to close to door until I saw a small box on the porch-matt. It was white with a pink bow on it. I picked it up to find it was for Lilian. I looked around once more to see if I'd find who left it. But nothing...once again. I closed the door and Mandy looked up.

"Did I leave that outside?" She questioned. I shook my head.

"No. I don't think so. It was sitting there perfectly on the 'Welcome' matt." I said. She tilted her head in thought. Probably going over everything she bought at Wal-Mart in her head. I kneeled down to Lili and let her pull the bow off. I opened it and reached in the find a beautiful locket inside. It looked kinda of old but thats what made it even more beautiful. It kind of resembled the music box i just gave Lili. It had peach colored crystals and a bird charm on it. With weird signs on the bottom back of it.

"Okay. I'm possive I didn't get her that." Mandy said out of nowhere. I thought that maybe there was some lead to who left it if I opened it. I tried but it seemed to be stuck. That's when I noticed the small knob on the side. Confused to what it was, I decided to turn it. My breath stopped at I heard the same melody from the music box. Mandy looked at me as I looked at her.

::TONY'S POV::

She was right there. Behind that door. I felt her. It killed me to know just how close she was and I still couldn't touch her. She's so close yet so far away. Far out of reach. I heard her soft heartbeats as she pressed against the door. I heard the way she was breathing out her mouth instead of her nose. Right there. Through that piece of wood. I sighed since it was no use in thinking about it because it only hurt worst.

I really hope Lili liked my gift. I would give her anything in this world just to let my little girl know I was thinking about her and I dreamed of her everytime I close my eyes. Her mother too. And the person Lili always remind me of...
♠ ♠ ♠
Surprise!
A second update today.
Aren't you happy? :D

And sorry...its not time for them to see each other yet. But who else does Lili remind Tony of huh? Who you ask? That's in the next chapter. Sorry.
And here's what the necklace looks like.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_aD0wGMdm7Qk/SWbl9Q13sCI/AAAAAAAAApg/-9ISlaWo1co/s400/il_430xN_52151631.jpg