Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 19: Denial Is Hurtful

:::Tony's POV::

I heard the creek of the old floor on the lower half of the shack. Then a rush of a warm, sweet smelling scent hit my nose. It was Brooke. I looked out the window to see if someone had followed. It was all clear so I jumped down to the lower level of the shack through a large hole in the floor. I landed lightly on the floor but since the floor was so old it ended making a loud thump sound which scared Brooke. I didn't mean to scare her like that. I should have thought of a better place then this but it was last minute. A sound filled the room that resembled the sound of clapping. I knew it was my little flower.

I could see her clearly through the darkness. And I knew she could see me by the way her eyes were glowing. Vampire baby's eyes are just as good in the dark as they are in the light. Adult vampire's eyes are slightly less good in the dark but we can all see nonetheless. I took a step forward and noticed the bright light that was shining behind me. The sun was shining right thought it. I could tell by Brooke's scared face, she couldn't see me so I walked up closer but that caused her to back up and fall backward. I stopped for a moment but I walked closer to see if she was okay. Lilian got away from Brooke and started running towards me.

"Lili, baby... come back to mommy. Please, stop, come back!" Brooke shouted in a whisper. I smiled down at Lilian as she attached herself to my legs. I picked her up and kissed her forehead before hugging her tightly. You can't imagine how it felt to hold my baby girl for the first time. I mean, really hold her in my arms and have her holding me back. I looked up to see Brooke scared and confused on the floor. I walked closer out of the bright light to get to her.

"Brooke..." I said softly. She looked around to find where my voice was coming from. She still couldn't see me. So, I walked close enough for her human eyes to catch the sight of me. Once she did, her scared expression slowly disappeared.

"Tony?" She questioned. I couldn't help but smile as a warm feeling washed over me after hearing her say my name again. I reached down to help her up. Her warm, soft hand placed itself into mine; it brought back memories from us being together. She was beautiful as ever if not more. She quickly got off the floor and put her arms around me. I use my unoccupied arm and wrapped it around her. Her hair was right under my nose, so I could smell her shampoo. It was still that same. Also I could still smell the faint scent of myself from two years ago. Her body was warm against mine just as I remembered.

Brooke pulled away from me and looked over my face before stopping at my eyes. Her deep brown eyes just stared into mine. I was about to smile and tell her how much I missed her, just spill my guts out about my love for her until my smile turned into a frown.

"Ow, fuck..." She muttered, holding her hurt hand from its contact with my face. I didn't feel the slap but her gesture hurt all the same. Lilian gasps and cooed at what happened. I think she knew what just happened. Brooke looked up at me "You left me, you fucking bastard!" She shouted and pushed my chest. I took a step back, but it was kind of late. I didn't know what to say to make it better.

"Brooke..I'm...-I..." I stuttered but the words were jumbled together in my head. Her eyes started to water and I stopped. It hurt me to see her like this. I didn't mean to hurt her. There wasn't anything I could do. I wish I could take it all back but I couldn't. She sobbed and slap me again with her other hand. It only made me feel worst that I was now physically hurting her without meaning to as well. In all honesty, I wish I could have felt it, because I deserved it. If it would have made her feel better to see me get hurt, I would do it, just for her.

She laid her head against my chest as she cradled her hurt hand, crying. "Ow." She whimpered through her sobs. I didn't know if she was crying because on me or her hurt hand now. But it didn't matter. I hated seeing her cry. In order to comfort her, I put my arm around her again and let her cry. Lillian patted her head making Brooke turn her attention to her. Then, Lili gave her a open mouth kiss on the cheek. I smiled at her attempt to make her mom feel better.

At that, her attempt was successful as Brooke smiled a little and rubbed the back of her head.
"Thanks, baby." Brooke said to her before kissing her hand. It was quiet after that. I could help but to think that I had the two most important girls in my life in my arms right now. I've wanted this for so long and now its here. "You sent me the text messages." Brooke's weak voice filled my ears. I nodded. It was me, I had to help her without being there or shit would hit the fan. I placed my chin on the top of her head.

"Tony..." She said. I just kept quiet and let her continue. "What's going on?" She asked. I sighed. I knew this was coming but I only wanted a little more time just enjoy being with them for a while. I pulled her away so I could look her in the eye.

"Brooke, there's something I didn't tell you and I need to tell you now." I said, dreading that I had to tell her now, but she was listening, so I had to tell her. Knowing her, she wouldn't go anywhere with me unless she was filled in on what was going on. I had no choice. "I'm a Vampire."

"What?" She questioned as she backed up. At first I thought she didn't hear clearly so I was going to say it again but she shook her head. "No. No... that's not true. None of that stuff is real, Tony. You're lying." She told me. I took in a breath as I closed my eyes and swallowed. I'm usually good with keeping a straight face at times like these but this was Brooke I was talking to. Around her, I was weak. I opened my eyes as she tilted her head to the side getting the point. "You not lying..."

"No." I said regrettably. I wish I was lying. Then things wouldn't be as bad as they were. But I wasn't. She scoffed with a slight smile.

"No. No, Tony, because that would mean my baby is..." As she said her baby I realized that Lilian was witnessing all of this which caused me to hold her closer. Brooke's eyes began to shift for me to Lilian. I think she was putting it all together. The weird things that's been going on. The gift. All of it. "Oh God, Tony!" She said in panic as she grabbed her hair and turned away from me.

"Brooke..." I said softly as I touched her shoulder. But she turned around pushing it off of her. She was crying again. I hated it.

"Why, Tony? Why didn't you tell me?" She said lowly. I could hear the pain her her voice. It was horse and shaky, she was holding herself. I felt a pressured pain in my chest seeing her like that.

"I wanted to- I was going to...," I corrected myself "I was sent away from you before I could."

"Well, you should have tried harder!" She shouted at me. "You should have told me before then. God, Tony, my baby girl is a vampire and I didn't even know!" She was talking through her sobs. She was crying so hard I felt like crying myself. But I couldn't. Pure blood vampires can't cry. So I just looked at the floor and let her calm down little. After she did I walked up to her again and tried to touch her but she wouldn't let me. "Don't touch me..."

"Brooke, don't do this, please." I begged. All I wanted to do was hold her after being away for so long and she wouldn't let me. Couldn't she see how much I needed her as much as she needs me? I tried again but she pushed harder and me trying to move around her defensive arms was causing Lilian to get upset by the harsh movements. I backed up as I looked her crying. I hushed her and rocked her. There was enough crying already. I couldn't handle anymore. Once Lilian stopped and calmed down, I rubbed her back before looking up at Brooke.

"How old are you?" She sniffed and held herself again. My face lightened up by this. Maybe she giving me a chance. But then I thought about my age and realized how it would sound. But she was waiting so I said it.

"Thirty-three." I muttered. She gasped in sobs. I just made it worse. She turned away from before turning back around and saying the most hurtful name anyone has ever said to me.

"Pedophile..." she accused, crying. I felt my dead heart drop into my stomach. At this point, I wish I did feel that slap. It would be so much less painful then this.

"Don't..." I stopped to keep my voice from cracking. "Don't say that. Please. I love you..." I said softly reminding her of why we where both here in the first place. Because of our love for each other. I looked at the floor but I could tell she was looking at both me and Lilian. It surprised me when she threw her arms around me but my arm instantly wrapped itself around her and I kissed her forehead a few time.

"I love you." She said and that's all I needed to hear.