Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 20: Vampires

::Brooke's POV::

Some how we ended up on top of a bank building 4 blocks away from the shack. I was standing up over the Bank letters, looking over the streets and store tops around us. I sighed as I continue to digest the whole thing I was told in the broken down old shack.

Vampires.

Vampires....?

...Vampires...


No matter how any times I said it and in different ways, it still sounded wrong. Tony had silently decided to leave me to my thoughts so he stayed, leaning against a pole behind me, staring a hole in my back. I finally pushed myself off the huge letter and looked back at him. He looked like a kid who just got in trouble and was waiting for the punishment. Lilian was just walking around but mostly falling due to her lack of balance. I crossed my arms and slowly walked up the slanted roofing of the building top. Tony followed and we sat down looking at the scenery.

"Where did you go?" I finally asked as I looked at he.

"London. That's where I'm from," He stated and looked at me afterwards.

"You don't have an accent..." I trailed off.

"I got rid of it once I moved to the States, 10 years ago." He looked down at his hands as he muttered the last part. He knew I was still shaky about the age difference so I knew he would try to not bring it up too much. "My father doesn't want me here, around you... So he forced me to come back."

"Then how are you still here?" I questioned confused.

"My father didn't know I was here. He knew I was gone again...,"He paused. "Probably thought I was going to wallow in my own self-pity in Africa or somewhere. But little did he know that I would come back to the same place, in the same town once more." He looked up at me with a sly smirk before looking down at his hands again. I gave a small smile and nodded slightly. He continued. "I couldn't just stay away from you like that. But I knew if I was too close to you my father would find out so I kept a safe distance where I could watch over you and Lilian. Remember this?" He asked as he took a pair of glasses and put them on. Then he messed up his hair. I straightened up as realization dawned on me.

"The guy from the..." I trailed off and he nodded. I laughed a little and shook my head. He smiled and took the glasses off. "How did you find out about Lilian?"

He shrugged. "I saw her as soon as I came back. I knew she was mine as soon as I saw her eyes." He said lowly as he leaned back and looked down at the cars on the street below. I nodded and tried thinking of another question. My head was full on them. I had to pick the ones I wanted to know the most.

I frowned "We're not suppose to be together?" He slowly shook his head not looking at me at all. "Why?" He sighed and looked up in the air.

"My family is a royal one. I'm pure blood but not all of my family is. So me and two of my siblings are suppose to continue the royal pure blood. In order to do that, we have to marry another royal pure blood." He explained. I looked down at my shoes.

"So I'm in the way..." I muttered. He looked at me and took my hands.

"Not to me. And Lilian is proof. I was taken away but Lilian was here to make the connection between us permanent." He said making me smile. I looked over his shoulder to see Lilian walking a little too close to the edge.

"Lili." I called her as I stood up to go get her. Tony stopped me.

"She's fine. Trust me." He said looking over his shoulder. I looked back at her and slowly sat back down. I looked back at Tony and we just kind of sat there staring at each; our hands locked together and eyes connected. After the moment was over we both just looked down at the ground.

I looked up at him, itching to ask something. "Tony..." He looked at me. "You have fangs, right?" I asked. He nodded and smiled showing off his sharp, pointed teeth that weren't there before. "Can... I... touch them?" I asked quietly. He laughed and nodded, opening his mouth. I slowly reached to touch them but Tony spoke before I could.

"Be care. Don't cut yourself." He said softly before opening his mouth again. My fingertip touch the side of his fang. I moved it around the fang. It felt like a newly sharpened knife but colder and much harder. I tapped it a few time and jumped when it chipped the tip of my nail. Tony laughed at me as he looked at my chipped fingernail.

"Wow.." I said and looked up at him. "Does it hurt to keep them hidden all the time?" He looked up in thought for a moment before answering.

"Not really. When your around humans, for a vampire, it's instinct to hide them." He said then looked at me as he dramatically added. "But when your around humans as much as I am it starts to get on your nerves. Your jaw starts cramping up..." He whined holding his mouth making me laugh as I scooted closer. He smiled and put his arm around me. The sun was starting to set. Our favorite time of the day and we were once again watching it together.

"What about Lilian? Will she have fangs?" I said looking at her making her way over to us.

"Yeah. They will grow in like normal teeth. Then they will fall out and she will grow her adult fangs, but her baby fangs aren't retractable so she won't be able to hide them." Tony said placing his head on mine and reaching out for Lilian. He pulled her up onto his lap.

"She's half vampire and half human. You're a pure blood vampire. Are there anymore types of vampires?" I asked rubbing Lilian's head. Her hair was growing longer now.

"Yeah. There are four types total. Pure blood, Spor Blood, Half blood and Normal Blood. Pure blood is what I am with two pure blood parents. Half is Lilian... half vampire and human. Spor blood is...complaicated. Spor blood can be made from a Pure blood and a Half blood, Pure blood and a Spor blood or a Pure blood and a normal blood. Normals are just made if a Normal blood bites a human."

"What's Normal blood?" I asked confused.

"Normal blood is kind of what you see in the movies. You know, a vampire bites a human and they turn into a vampire. So, basically, Normal blood is just a human turned into a vampire. But it not like that with Pure blood. If a Pure blood bites a human, they become Spor." He looked at my confused face and explain it more. "A Spor blood is made up of two forms of different kinds of vampire. But since Pure blood is well...pure...if one bites a human the venom takes over the body as two kinds of vampire. But you have to be born Pure blood so you can't turn anyone Pure Blood. So instead of turning Pure blood you turn Spor."

I nodded starting to get it now. "I notice you didn't say Spor blood and Spor blood. Why?"

"Sadly, Spor bloods can't have babies together. Neither can Normals. Its true when they say vampires are dead. Their insides are too. But Pure bloods can. Don't ask me how because we don't even know. Half Bloods can because technically they're aren't totally dead. Spor bloods and Normal Bloods can only have babies with Pure bloods or Half bloods. Which is sad because most vampire's find there mates in there our type."

"That is sad." I said softly as the sunset of coming to an end. Lilian had fell asleep and I was kind of tired myself.

"Yeah..." Tony sighed. "But some get lucky." He said and squeezed me softly.

"Yeah." I said sleepily as I snuggled into him, preparing to cave in to my heavy eyelids. "I am lucky."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. To make up for lost time, I'm going to update this story everyday for a week and a half.
But I'll need some support if your willing to give it to me.

I'm not at my best state right now: Personal Matters.
So I'm sorry if things might seem abit off or weird. Hope you enjoyed this update and the others to come.

p.s. Finally Chapter 20.

- J.R.