Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 27: Confrontation

.:Tony's POV:.

I was waiting in the front of the hotel when Brooke and Lili came out an hour and a half later. She put Lilian in her carseat and sat in front with me. "The flight's tonight." I remind. She nodded as she put on her seat belt and I started the car, driving into the streets. "How'd it go?"

Brooke laughed. "You mean you weren't at the window listening or eavesdropping?" She smiled. I smiled as well

"Nah, I decided to just wait until you came out and told me." I replied. She shook her head before looking at me.

"What do you do? I mean, you have to be doing something while you're waiting." She asked. I shook my head keeping my eyes on the road.

"No. Just thinking." I simply said. Brooke looked at me weird. I just chuckled. "You'd be surprise what goes through a vampire's mind. It can occupy you for hours."

"Maybe that's why Lili is always so quiet." Brooke muttered looking in the backseat at Lilian. She was staring out the car window at the passing scenery.

I nodded. "Most likely." I looked at Lilian throught the rear view mirror. "Lili." i called and she snapped out of it and looked back at me through the mirror. We both smiled and she started giggling for no reason causing me to laugh.

"Hey, watch the road, Mister." Brooke said. I scoffed.

"Please," I looked at her instead of the road. "I've been driving since before you were born." I stated. "I could drive with my eyes closed."

"Please don't..." Brooke said quickly. I laughed and looked at the road. At this time, it was dark and the streets were starting to empty. Brooke was singing along with the low volume radio until she jumped at a quick flash that moved on her side of the car. I looked around but not slowing down at all. Then there was a thump on the roof. I rolled my eyes as I saw Stefan's head peek it way in front of the windshield, upside down. Brooke let out a squeal of shock before recognizing him.

"Pull over." He mouthed. I sighed and did just that before getting out the car.

"I thought you were in London already." I said closing the door and watching him jump off the car.

"I know but I thought you might need my help, you know, until you get on a plane." He stated putting his hands in his pocket. "Plus, you were being followed. They took off after they saw me coming."

"Thanks" I said just before Brooke got out the car.

"What's going on?" She said behind the open car door.

"Everything's fine." I said.

"Yeah, and if you want it to stay fine, you need to get to London. The sooner the better." Stefan said.

I nodded. "Right. So we need to rush. Get in the car." I ordered to Stefan. We both got in and we zoomed towards Brooke's apartment.

"You were supposed to be there already since your going on foot. What now?" I said to Stefan as I drove.

"So, I'll be a day late...no big deal. It doesn't matter much." He said brushing it off. I rolled my eyes as we parked in front of the apartment.

"Let's go, Brooke." I said and got Lili out the car before Brooke did. We rushed inside. Good thing Brooke was halfway packed already.

"Can you get Lilian's bags?" Brooke asked Stefan. He nodded and took them to the car. "He's running to London?" She questioned.

"Yeah, Just until he gets to the other side of the US, then he has a boat waiting for him. But even then, airplanes are the fastest way to go." I explained, helping close the suitcase in the middle of the floor. I stood up as I heard footsteps and movement. It was inside the apartment so i knew it wasn't Stefan. Brooke followed my gaze and we watched Mandy slowly walk out the bedroom with a blank expression.

"M-Mandy." Brooke stood up quickly and nervously pushed her hair back while crossing her arms. "What are you doing here?" Mandy was staring at me and strangely enough I was starting to shrink under her blank look. She opened her hand, showing the single key inside.

"I said I was coming to say good-bye. You weren't here yet, so I used your spare to wait inside." She said lowly and stopped walking once she got to the couch not to for from me and Brooke. "Brooke, what's going on?"

Brooke looked at me sadly. I knew what she wanted. And I just didn't have it in me to tell her 'no.' I sighed. "Go on." Brooke smiled and kissed my cheek before walking up to Mandy. I rubbed my head and groaned as Brooke start talking about...well...you know... I was just itching to know how this will turn out.

"Woah! Wait..." Mandy said backing up. She took a breath with her eyes closed and reopened them. "Brooke, baby girl, you need a serious reality check if you think for one instant that I'm going to believe that--" She stopped as her eyes caught on to something. Both me and Brooke followed her gaze. She clear her thoat and asked calmly. "Is that a empty pouch of blood?" I send a apologetic look to Brooke when she looked back at me. I forgot to throw it away before I left earlier. Mandy just threw her hands up, backing away from it.

"Mandy..." Brooke said and grabbed her arm.

"No, Brooke." Mandy said hurt. "You're baby daddy's a vampire back in town and you didn't even bother to tell me. Not a hint, and smoke signal, nothing." She grabbed her bag to leave.

"Wha,t Mandy..." Brooke whined. I could tell this was becoming her worst nightmare. I could also tell Stefan stayed downstairs because he heard the talking. He probably thinks its me and Brooke and is giving us time. If he only knew. "I wanted to tell you. But... I had to keep Tony's and Lili's secret." Brooke said sadly. Mandy looked at Brooke and Brooke looked at me. "Tony...'

I sighed. "I told her not to tell you. Your not supposed to know, not even Brooke is." I said. Mandy looked down at Lili. I was just surprised that she was more upset at Brooke for not telling her the news then at the actually news itself.

"And I'll be happy to tell you everything else if you come with me..." Brooke trailed off and turned to me.

"Brooke." I said sternly and she gave me a pleading look. I sighed and she squealed before hugging Mandy. Then she started to tell her where we were really going. I rubbed my face. I swear, I'm never going to get my way anymore.

"Well, then, I guess I'll get my stuff." Mandy said with a sigh. Then Stefan came in.

"Look, I know you're talking and all but we really have to go. These vampires are really--" He stopped when he saw Mandy. "Who the hell are you?"

Mandy put her hand on her hip and looked at him. "I think the real question is who the fuck are you?" Brooke's eyebrows connected. We both could tell this wasn't going to end well. Stefan crossed his arms.

"Hey, I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but you have to leave." He said strongly

Mandy scoffed "I'm not going anywhere just yet, Jackass and I don't take order's from vampires." She stated then she narrowed her eyes. "Do I know you?" Stefan just looked at her then Brooke and I before pointing at her.

"Who is she?" I sighed.

"Mandy, Stefan. Stefan, Mandy." I grabbed Brooke's suitcase and took it quickly to the car.

"Or as Mandy knows...the military guy..." Brooke said as I got back. Mandy face went to disappointment.

"You mean this jackass was the guy in the military uniform?" She whined. "Man, what a waste." Stefan lifted an eyebrow at her.

"Excuse me?" He said. He was starting to lose patients with Mandy.

"Listen, Stefani--"

"Its SteFAN--"

"Whatever." Mandy said cutting him off like he did her. "I have low tolerance for rude, stuck-up guys like you. So, BACK OFF, STEFANI!" She shouted in his face and then turned on her heels making her hair hit him in the face. Stefan's temper was raising.

"Look, you little--"

"Shut up." She simple said as she went through her purse. While her back was turned, Stefan's nostrils flared and he bared his fangs at her. I pushed his shoulder back as he started to move towards her. Mandy looked over her shoulder at him seeming unfazed and put a mint in his mouth. "Your breath stinks. Come on, Brooke." She took Brooke's hand and started towards the door. Brooke looked shocked at her and Stefan coughed the mint from out his throat.

"I'll uh...meet you at the airport." She said being pulled out the door. I nodded and let go of Stefan as he glared at Mandy until she left. He spit the mint out in her direction.

"Bitch." He muttered. "I'm gonna rip her --"

"She's coming with us." I stated picking up Brooke's backpack and picking up Lilian.

"WHAT!?"