Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 28: Taxi Talk

.:Brooke's POV:.

Tony's hand laced with mine. I looked away from the plane window and smiled at him. He did the same before pushing up the arm rest that separated us. I unbuckled my seat belt and closed the space between us. He kissed my forehead and buried his nose in my hair with his arm around me, tightly. We were hours into the flight and still had hours to go. Mandy sat behind us with Lilian who was sleep before we even got on the plane. Stefan left on foot in superhuman speed as soon as we left. Tony said he wouldn't be there until a day after us.

"Sleep." Tony muttered "Its a long trip. Very boring."

I shifted a little. "I can't. Just hours from now I'm going to meet your family. Its exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time." He chuckled.

"Babe, Its not that big a deal." He simply said. I scoffed and moved to look at him.

"I'm going to meet the people who know you the best. It is a big deal." I replied.

"Well, I don't think you want to meet my father." Tony said bitterly.

"Sure, why not meet the man who's out to get me." I said sarcastically. "But he is your father... I still want to meet him." Tony looked at me as if I just told him 2+2= fish.

"Its humans like you that give vampires like me heartattacks every time you walk out the door." He whispered and put his face back in my hair. "Such bad decisions."

"I take that as an insult, Mr. Gordon." I poked him in the chest. He smirked.

"That's because it was an insult Ms. Maine." He answered. "Try to keep up." I pursed my lips and looked at him. He leaned him forehead against mine. Just as we were getting closer, Mandy popped up behind our seats.

"Hey Corpse, Can I use the iPod in your lap." Both Tony and I sighed and pulled away from each other. To tell you the truth, me and Tony have never really had time to ourselves since we were reunited. Guess it not going to happen for a while. Tony handed her the iPod and I just laid my head on his shoulder. Maybe I do needed to sleep.

___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC__BC___BC___

I pushed my hair back as I sat outside the London airport with Lilian in my lap at 8:30 am. She was playing around with her locket. I felt an arm go around my shoulders and a head leaning on mine. I giggled and looked at Mandy. I knew she was going to say something.

"See, if I was your baby daddy, none of this would be going on." She said and looked at me back. I laughed.

"Yeah, Thanks, Dee-Dee. But I think I'll keep the one I have." I insured.

She shrugged and sat up straight. "Okay, but the offers still stands if you want it." I shook my head and we both watched Tony coming with our luggage.

"Okay." He sighed. "Off we go." I stood up placing Lilian on my hip and grabbed my shoulder bag with Lili's baby bag. Tony whistled for a taxi and we all got in. There had been something in my thoughts for the longest, though.

"Tony." I said quietly before closing the slide that separated us from the taxi driver so he couldn't hear. "How can there be a vampire world in London with Britain humans all around?" Mandy must have been thinking the same thing because she leaned in before Tony started to answer. He chuckled.

"Its not really a vampire world, exactly. Its more of a vampire village." Both I and Mandy nodded in understanding "We have a whole town to ourselves all around the whole world. In every country, state, or county."

"How is that?"Mandy asked. "Magic or something?"

"No." He chuckled. "Just very clever vampire real estate agents. They only sale to other vampires and convince humans to find a better place." He stopped and thought for a minute "Well, in a way in takes a little bit of power. Like the best vamp estate agents are the ones with the power of persuasion."

"You guys have powers?" I asked. He never told me.

"Yes. I didn't tell you?" I shook my head. "Must have slipped my mind." He muttered.

"What power do you have?" I asked

"Just the ability to brake stuff and put it back with my thoughts." He grabbed my cell phone and it fell apart. My mouth dropped. My new cell... But then it flew back together. "Boring. But Lili..." He said smiling at her "Can teleport." That explains alot.

"So, no magic what so ever? Mandy asked in a monotone. I nudged and looked at her.

"Yes." He laughed. "There are some forms of magic, but not from us." He said referring to him and Lilian. "Legend has it, there are potion makers and spell casters that walk among us. So its told, they made vampires. Humans call them witches or wizards."

"There are witches? Oh, that explain Amanda. She's is a witch." Mandy said saying the word 'witch' as if she meant 'bitch'. Amanda is a girl Mandy's hated since 4th grade because Mandy had the new Powerpuff Girls lip gloss and Amanda stole it. Childish...? Yeah, I know. I looked down at Lilian who was watching the cars pass by us or get passed. I rubbed her back and looked at Tony to continue.

"It's said there were three witches of Estein experimenting on humans with spells, potions --everything they had-- trying to find out the results of what would happen. Only later did they find out that humans were just like them minus the magic. The humans died soon after, but two of them stared the witches right in the face." He explained.

"Vampires..." Both Mandy and I muttered.

"Yeah." He said and looked out the window. "Of course, one was Dracula but the other was called Arisol."

"Never heard of her." Mandy said bluntly

"Not surprised. That's because she's wasn't the pure blood that got in trouble with humans alot. Dracula was. They had a child and that's how Spor blood vampires were made but Dracula fell in love with a human and they had a half blood." He looked at us and shrugged. "And here we are today."

"Where's Estein?" I asked curiously.

Tony thought for a second " I think it was Canada before it was Canada. That's why Dracula had that funny sounding accent." We all laughed and Lilian started to move and babble. Tony looked up. "We're here." I looked up to see a street leading down to a bridge. Tony pulled out some money and paid the drive.

"Thanks, mate." The british driver said.

"Where is this?" Mandy asked grabbing her stuff from the truck. Tony waited for the taxi to leave before picking up all the lauagage with ease. There wasn't anything around the bridge. No houses or anything. The only houses around were the ones leading down the way we came. He sighed.

"My hometown." He muttered sadly. He really didn't like being home, huh? That's really bad for him to be totally dreading coming to the place he grew up. He walked off towards the bridge and Mandy and I followed. Lilian was pushing on my chest, so I put her down to let her walk. I held her hand as her feet took awkwardly fast steps, getting use to all the weight of her body. Tony looked over his shoulder and smiled.

"She knows where she is." He said. "Its the vampire smells around here." I smiled down at Lilian as she struggled to stay on her feet. This was her home as well, and she knew it.