Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 5: Apartment Searching

::Tarri/Tony's POV::

I watched Brooke get out the car and walk around it to get Lilian. I was sitting on top of a house across the apartment Brooke was checking out. So far today she's checked out about 4 for them, but I guess none were good and homey enough for what she was look for, for Lili. I get what she's getting at. She wants something that gives off the same home vibe as her mother's house. I want that too for the both of them. I quickly stood up and jumped into the tree next to the apartment. I waited awhile before Brooke walked into one of the apartments with Lili in her arms, talking to the landlord. He was an older guy about 33 if I guessed right. Latino, slender with his black hair gelled back and a light facial hair on his face. Probably brown eyes but I'm too far to tell if I'm wrong or not. I got comfortable in the tree and listened in on what they were saying.

"-got a nice bathroom with new plumbing, a nice sized kitchen. This is the living area..." The landlord said and walked into the empty space in the middle of the room. He turned to Brooke. " Very spacey to fit a nice size couch. AND! A play pin for the little one." He smiled at Lili and touched her small arm. Brooke nodded and looked around.

"Its nice... I can see my things in here." She turned to the landlord. "Can I see the bedrooms?"

"Sure." He nodded his head and lead the way. He talked over his shoulder "Oh and one of them has a balcony. I'm assuming if you do move in here you'd get that-" It was cut off because I moved to get a closer look. They were now standing in an empty bedroom looking around.

"This bedroom is perfect." Brooke said smiled. "And the other one?" She questioned and they moved to the next room to it. "Wow. Its great. Big window for her she loves looking outside on rainy days."

"Well, why don't you sleep on it and get back to me." He pulled out a card and handed it to her. She smiled and took it.

"Thank you so much. Mr..." She held out her hand and trailed off waiting for him to finish.

"Juan." He smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Juan. Well, I'll call and let you know what's going on." She said and he nodded and she walked out the apartment and to her car. I could hear her talking to little Lili as she strapped her into her car seat. She kissed her forehead, hopped in the driver's seat and drove off. Of course, I followed close behind. I recognized the streets she was going down. She was visiting Mandy.

Mandy and I were.... I guess you could all us friends in the past. We got along. But Mandy's got abit of a temper and is over-protective of friends. So I try to stay away just in case she might have some superhuman sensing powers of the guy that not only broke her best friend's heart, but got her knocked-up. She's got rage that will make a Vampire fear and pray for death. And a mouth that would provoke a man to hit a woman... or mostly likely want to chop his ears off. I leaned against the side of the house and listened as Brooke walked into the door that Mandy opened for her.

"You would not believe the apartment I found!" Brooke squealed as soon as she walked through the door. Mandy instantly took Lilian from her arms and kissed her cheek.

"Hey Littles. How you doing?" She smiled down at her then looked up at Brooke "Oh yeah? Where?" Brooke started talking about the places she checked out and about the perfect one which was the last one. My body slipped down the bricks of the house and I banged on the window with my hand to catch myself. I quickly duck as I knew both of them were looking now.

::Brooke's POV::

"-...and the landlord, Juan, gave me his card. I'm really thinking about moving there."

Mandy's face got sad as Lilian played with the stings of her hoodie. "But its farther away then your mom's house from here. Your gonna be so far away from me." She stuck out her bottom lip.

"Aw... Mand-"

BANG!

Both of our head turned and our attention went to the window. Mandy's eyebrows knitted together and she got up with Lilian in her arms. I followed and she opened the window to look out of it.

"That was weird." Mandy muttered and Lilian started babbling. I stood next to her and looked around to see nothing but the next house next door and some brushes. "Hmmm... Probably a bird ran into the window." Mandy said and walked back to the couch.

"Yeah..." I said uncertain at first. "...I guess." I then said, letting it go and walking back to the couch myself. "Anyways, Dee-Dee, don't worry. We'll still see each other at school and at work. And then you can come over and spend the night when ever you want. It will be fun." I bounced on the couch and try to make her sour face go away.

"But its not the same." She pouted and placed Lili on the floor to crawl around.

"Dee-Dee..." I groaned. "Come on. I need my own place. I can't stay at mom's. She's been understanding about all of this, me having a baby and all. But... I don't want to burden her with my..." I was going to say mistake but to me it wasn't a mistake "...choices and/or decisions." She finally looked at me. "I need to take responsibility"

She crossed her arms and nodded. "Fine. But I'll do what I always do..." I gave her a questioning look and he finished. "...Blame that corpse." She said half joking. She called Tony a corpse because he was so pale and cold all the time. But I found him to be a pale beauty and his cold skin refreshing. I looked down at Lilian as she played with her shoe on her foot and looked up at me. I gave her a slight smile then Mandy enveloped me in a hug, knowing what I was thinking about.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT IF YOU WANT THE STORY TO CONTINUE!

Its going good so far. Keep it going and I'll make it offical by make a banner-link on my profile.