Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 6: Lilian's Cry

::BROOKE'S POV::

Well, its been 2 weeks and I've got the apartment a few days ago. My parent approved, Mandy's... coping with the new found distance between us and Lilian is happy as ever. We were currently, and slowly, moving things into the apartment. But until it was settled into, Me and Lili are spending a few more days at Mama and Papa's house. Not that they minded. They were proud of me and that is all I could ask for... or ask for that I can actually have.

I took off my apron and hung it up with all the others. It was the end of my shift and I was going home. Finally. It seems like the days here just go by slower and slower. What's up with that? I sighed and walked to the back office and knocked. I heard and faint'Come in' so I entered. I smiled at the sight of Paulie, My boss, and Lili laughing and having a good time. Lili was sitting on his desk playing with all kinds of office supplies as he tickled her. She smiled at me and frantically waved her arms in excitement. I laughed and walked over to the desk.

"Thanks again for watching her." I sighed and picked her up off the desk. A yawn escaped my lips but I shook it off.

"Its fine. Really, I love watching her. She's adorable." He replied. Paulie was a heavy man. But not fat just...heavy. He had grey coming in his dark brown hair which he dyed every few months, green eyes and the sweetest man you would ever meet. He went to school with my father back in the day.

"Well, Thanks. See you tomorrow." I said and waved. He waved back and started typing on his computer. As I walked from the back to the front of the diner, I saw Mandy taking orders and walked passed her to the door. "Bye. Dee-Dee." I said. She smiled and waved. I put Lilian in the car and drove off. As I was driving, I yawn again. I don't know what's going on. It was only 5. As we got to the house my mother was outside watering the grass. She stopped what she was doing and got Lilian out the car.

"Oh! There's my baby! How are you, huh?" She gushed at Lili. Completely ignoring me.

"Hey, Mom. Oh, I'm fine, how are you? Good? That's good. Love you too, Mother." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"How was your day?" She asked and placed Lili on her hip, where she will remain for the rest of the day.

"Long." I groaned and yawn but mom didn't noticed. I walked inside and prepared Lili's bottle. As I walked out the kitchen, I smiled at the sight of my mom sitting on the arm of Dad's chair and Dad in the chair with Lili on his lap. They were the perfect grandparents. They don't need to be worry about me and Baby-daddy issues. I smiled and handed Dad Lili's bottle. I walked to my room that only had the bed left because everything else was at the apartment. I pulled my books, homework, and laptop out my backpack and started to work but ended up passing out on my keyboard.

I wake up to a loud noise so suddenly and popped up out my sleep. I looked around to see my homework was put up and I was tucked in bed. Mostly likely my dad because he's the one who can pick me up and put me in bed. Just then I finally realized what the noise was. Lilian's cry. It wasn't her normal cry either. It was more of a screaming cry. A painful cry. "Oh No." I muttered to myself. "LILI!" I shouted throwing my covers off and sprinting into her empty room. I pushed open the door and quickly flicked on the lights. Her cry was much louder with the door open. She was standing up in her crib, her little face scrunched together and red with tears flowing down her face. Her little hands grabbing at her neck which was redder then her face. She started babbling in baby talk as if trying to tell what was wrong as soon as I came in. I jetted up and her kissed her cheek and rocked her as I started to throw things into her baby bag.

The rocking didn't help, she just continued to scream her little head off in pain. My mom and dad finally showed up with robes on. Ew. Now I knew what took them so long to come. " Brooke, what's going on!?" My mom yelled over Lili's cries trying to get an answer.

"It's her throat again." I said zipping up the bag and ran down the stairs. "Meet me at the Emergency building." I said before running out the house and to the car. I made sure she was in her car seat because I was going to be really fast. I hopped in, not bothering to put on my seat belt. I revved up the car and zoomed out of the driveway and onto the street. "Hold on, Lili. Mommy's gonna make it go away, okay?" She continued to cry. The more she cried, the faster I drove.

Why did this happen? Why to Lili? She's hasn't been on this earth even a year yet. She doesn't deserve this. The doctors have tested and tested and they have no idea what it is. They, at first, thought it was asthma. But that wasn't it. Her throat wasn't closing up or anything and she could breath just fine. But then they say that whatever it was as effecting her blood flow. Because every time this happened, they say she had least blood in her body then normal. So they give her blood through her blood stream. It breaks my heart to see her with wires coming out of her. I know there's something wrong but I don't know what to about.

Lili's cry got louder and it couldn't help but cry with her. What is wrong with my baby? Why is she in so much pain? The tears in my eyes where blurring my vision so I quickly wiped them. "Don't worry, sweetie. We're almost there." I said. I didn't dare look back at her because I could already see her now. Her face all wet and red along with her neck, her moving around in her seat trying to make it go away. At that thought, I broke down. The tears blurring my vision once more but this time, they wouldn't leave. I couldn't see. I try to wipe them but they just refilled. I heard a car horn and out of panic and instinct, I turned the wheel. But ended up on something bumpy and crashed as the car turned over.

The last thing I heard was Lilian crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought it needed a little spice in it.

What do you think? Too Unoriginal? Too seven minutes ago?