Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 8: That Scary Feeling

::No One's POV::

Brooke woke up to the sound of beeping. She could hear chatting around her. Forcing her heavy eyelids to open, she stared at the blurry blobs that were moving. Once her vision came into focus, she recognized two of three faces. The nurse smiled and walked over to her side.

"Welcome back, Ms. Maine. Have a nice rest?" She asked in a sickeningly sweet voice. Brooke blinked and slightly nodded. Then she looked over at the happy faces walking to her other side.

"Hey, Girly." Mandy said. "See, this is why we can't be far apart. You can't do anything without me." Mandy joked, getting a chuckle or two from Brooke. Then she looked over and saw her tearful eyed mother, smiling at her

"Hey baby. Don't scare me like that, okay?" She sniffed. Brooke just smiled and nodded.

"Sorry." She muttered in her hoarse, dry voice. Then her eyes widen and she tried to sit up. "Lilian. Where's Lilian?" She looked around the room and didn't see her. She started to panic, making the her heart rate faster.

"Please, calm down, Ms. Maine. Your daughter is fine. She's unharmed." The nurse said pushing her back down in the bed. Brooke looked up at her mother.

She shook her head as she spoke. "Not a scratch on her..." Susan smiled. "Its a miracle really." Brooke sighed in relief and laid back down. She thought for a minute as she looked at the sun through the window.

"I want to see her." Was all she said and looked at her mother and Mandy. They just looked at her then at the nurse.They knew better not to argue because soon Brooke was standing in her hospital gown and robe, looking through a glass window at Lili. She was in the toddler play room, playing with one of the nurses who was on break. Brooke smiled as she saw her baby girl stand up and clap along with the nurse. She was wearing a hospital band around her tiny wrist; the same as Brooke. Mandy walked up behind her and put an arm around her shoulders.

"I still can't believe it. You...a mother. I would have thought I'd get pregnant before you." Mandy looked at Brooke. Brooke laughed at that because she thought the same thing.

"Hey." She said catching Mandy's attention. "Why isn't my dad here?" She broke her stare from Lilian to Mandy.

Mandy shrugged. "Don't know. He just...wouldn't come." She said the last part lowly. That made Brooke a bit sad. 'He wouldn't came to see me?' She sighed and nodded but then something else came to mind.

"Do you know how I got here?" She looked at Mandy again.

"Nope. The nurse just said that you were found outside the emergency building with Littles. That's it..." She trailed off and looked at Brooke. Brooke's eyebrows met in the middle caused by confusion.

"How's that happen?" She muttered and looked at her daughter through the window again.

___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC____

::Tony's POV::
(The night of the accident)

I stood hidden and watched as they took Brooke and Lilian inside the hospital. I didn't want to just keep her on the ground like that but that all I could do at this point. Now, I really need to keep my distances from the both of them. You can say my father has a tendency of knowing what's going on with me even when I'm not around. I'm not sure if he knows what I did just now but I need to find out.

"Dude!" I heard and turned around to see Stefan just jumping on the same building I was on. "What the fuck did you do, man!! You're so dead and if anyone knows about this..." I stood up and made my way to him. We both met in the middle.

"How do you know?" I question him kinda nervously.

"I followed you after I saw you leave the condo, but other people don't need to do that in order to find out what you've done." He poked my chest. He was pissed because he didn't want anything to happen that would cause me to have to move back with my father. Of course, I knew this but when you're in my shoes, you think about that second. That's why its good to have a best friend like Stefan.... "You're gonna get your ass in trouble and I won't be able to help then!" ....when they're not yelling at you....

"Look, Steph, I need you to go back to London and find out if my father knows about this." I said thinking as I looked down at my shoes then looked up at him as I finished.

"Fuck that! I'm not going all the way over there just because you wouldn't-"

"Just help me out here, man!!!" I shouted in his face as I shook his shoulders. I was tired of him running his mouth. Either he helps me or he doesn't. Simple as that. I may be just frustrated and mad when I say this, but I'm not making him stay here with me. He could leave at anytime he wants. He flared his nostrils and pushed my hands off him.

"Fine." He spat at me. "But you better keep stay away from her while I'm gone. If you make this worse I'm staying in London." He said and turned away from me and disappeared. I walked to the edge on the building. My sharp eyes catching the blur of Stefan running. He doesn't mean it.

He never does...

(Two days Later)

Brooke just got out of the hospital. I have been wondering why her father didn't visit her at the time she need him most. What was that about? I mean, I've only been a father for a little while but even I know that you should be the first one seen when your child has just woken up in the hospital with they're own child too. I jumped on the roof and watched as Brooke carried Lilian into the house. Susan, talking on her cell phone, stayed outside. As I looked into the living room window, I saw Brooke put Lilian in her play-pin then looked around hoping to see her father in his chair. He wasn't there. She pulled at the bottom of her shirt as she looked up the stairs. My guess was she preparing herself to go to his room.

She sighed and walked up the stairs. I had to move if I wanted to see what was going on. But I also had to be careful of not being seen. As I ran around the house to the other side, Brooke was standing there looking. Her father was staring outside the window. Not the one I was looking through though, the small one above the headboard of the bed. I leaned into the house as Brooke sat next to her father.

"Welcome back." He mubbled and looked down at his hands.

"Thanks..." She said and looked over at him. Moments went by and neither of them said a thing. "Why wasn't you at the hospital to see me?" She asked quietly. I could hear the hurt in her voice.

"I don't know." He instantly said and looked off somewhere.

"I think you do know." Brooke pushed.

"Brooke-"

"Why didn't you come to see me, dad?"

"I told you-"

"To see your grandchild."

"Stop-"

"Did you even care?"

"Of course I did!!" He shouted at her to make her stop. Which she did. "I...I was scared, okay?" He looked down ashamed. "No father wants to see his daughter with tubes up her nose and wires coming out her arms." He said lowly. Brooke froze then she hugged him. It took him a while but he eventually hugged back. I pushed myself away from the window and laid in the tree. I knew exactly how he felt. From then on, the rest of the day, I didn't look through the windows at the family. I just laid in the tree and thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
HA! WHATCHA THINK BOUT' THAT ONE?

Comments? Subscription?