Uneasy Hearts Weigh the Most

03.

The downside of being friends with guys in bands is that the only place you ever see them is at a show. This one time, Natalie and I went to a backyard show to see Oliver's band, Bring Me The Horizon, play a short set and to hang out with them. I knew this would end badly before it started.

Another downside of being friends with guys in bands is how moody they are. They can turn from being great to being great big douche bags. That night, at the backyard show, Oliver was not amused at anything. He was being short tempered and bitchy. He was snapping at Curtis and ignoring me and Natalie and his brother Tom. Him and this prat named Sean Smith, who sang in some welsh band called The Blackout, shit talked every name in the book. I couldn't stand being around him and he wouldn’t look at me. I wanted to slap him and grab his face and scream at him how much I liked him. How much I was expecting out of this nice.

What happened to the sweet guy I liked? Where'd he go? He definitely wasn’t present at this show. Instead, he was replaced by some sour asshole who took my presence for granted.

Natalie and I were sitting in the trunk of Bring Me The Horizon's beat down white van, filled with all their amps and guitars. We were busy talking and when we looked up, everyone we knew was gone. No one was around except a group of intimidating looking guys, sizing us up from across the street. We looked at each other, scared to death. We didn’t want to leave each other but we couldn’t leave the van, since we had no keys and if something got stolen, it would obviously be our fault. We were stuck in a predicament and we were definitely not safe.

After at least forty-five minutes of sitting alone in the cold, dangerous dark street, Tom walked towards us. I ran towards him and he held me close to his chest and asked me what was wrong. You see, from the first time we met, Tom and I clicked. We were comfortable with each other and we became close friends in a very short time. He made me happy and safe. It was really a shame that nothing between me and him would never happen. He was obviously the best choice.

"Your brother and his douche bag friends left me and Nat alone in a fucking van!" I paused and looked up at him, "At midnight! In a dark street! What the fuck, Tom."

He looked so sad and he hugged me tighter and we walked back to the van together and joined Natalie. We sat there talking for hours and the other guys still hadn’t come back. I could bet that Oli didn’t even notice I was gone. After another half hour or so, Oli came out of the abyss and walked towards the van. Tom said something to him, but Oli completely ignored it. After I thought he'd walked away, I looked at Tom and asked him "What the fuck is up your brother's ass today?"

One of the van's doors slammed and Oli was suddenly stalking towards us. Tom stood in front of me and put his hands up, in front of his chest as his brother stood nose to nose with him. Tom gave his brother a look and tried to calm him down, "Watch it tiger, she was only joking. Somewhat."

Oli's eyes narrowed and he pushed Tom slightly. Tom shook it off and Oli got close to him again, looked at me for a second, and then turned his attention and venom back at his brother. "What did she say about me?"

I looked at him and with an annoyingly even tone I said "I asked your brother what crawled up your ass today."

He started yelling at me, cussing and going crazy. I remember it like it was yesterday. It was a scary situation, as I realized that this guy was a lot bigger than Tom and he could do damage if he really wanted to. He called me names and told me I had no idea what was going on in his life and how I should watch my mouth. I nodded. I knew how to deal with raging men. I lived with three.

Sean ran up to us and announced, "So we've decided to keep throwing Rhys into the garbage every time he's drunk because he's keen on thinking it'll give him exercise!"

Oli stomped off and I started busting up laughing, as I looked to my left and saw the tall, skinny Rhys inside a green garbage can, his head sticking out. He was yelling something about how he was the 'captain of the can'.

Sean looked after the agitated Oliver and looked back at me, Nat and Tom so he could shrug and say, "I guess the tiger got out of his cage."
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is relativly long and I don't like how it's written but whatever.
COMMENT & SUBSRCIBE.
Yes, I added in The Blackout. Rhys is my new favorite & Sean is Ash's.