Uneasy Hearts Weigh the Most

06.

I was guilted into going to their next show, at the same danky little club. Only this time I went alone. Natalie had prior engagements. Matty came out to see me and enveloped me in a hug. It was safe to say him and I had become very nearly best friends. He kissed me on the cheek as Oliver came out and smiled at me. His smile made my knees go weak every time.

His arms wrapped around my frame and his lips brushed against my ear as he asked me how I'd been. I almost forgot how to talk. My heart was beating so fast. The night went well. So well, it was the happiest I'd been in a very, very long time.

In between one of their songs, Matty grabbed a microphone and said, "So, this is my babygirl Julz and it was her birthday a few days ago. We love you!" The crowd said its collective, relatively unenthusiastic 'happy birthdays' to me as Oli grabbed the microphone back and started singing to me, his eyes locked on mine. He finished the traditional birthday song with a smirk and I almost fainted. This kid knew how to get to me and it was pathetic.

So much for hating him.

After their set, I was outside with Curtis, talking for once- seeing as Natalie wasn't there to drape herself over him and Oli came over. Curtis stopped him and started asking him a question, receiving a glare from Oli. "I wanted to give Julz a hug, alright. So, move."

Curtis followed direction as I was enveloped into Oli's lanky but strong arms. He held me there for a good amount of time and all I could do was listen to his heart beat and hold him as close to me as possible. He let go eventually and began talking to me about little things. My heart beat was going crazy and I felt my face go warm. All the feelings that I had regarding him came rushing back.

As I was leaving, he hugged me again and whispered "Never let me go."
♠ ♠ ♠
Fml.