Life on a Runway

chapter three;

"So you're telling me that you met Robert Pattinson and you didn't give him back his shoes?!" Chloe was shrieking in my ear.
"No Chlo. If I did, then the shoes wouldn't be in my closet right now." I took the Ben and Jerry's ice cream out of the freezer. It was crème brûlée. I took two spoons and took a seat at the couch, next to Chlo. I handed over a spoon to Chloe. Then suddenly we just started to moan at the taste of it. I should have always remembered that Chlo is addicted to ice-cream, which means she will forget just about everything else.
As the taste of ice-cream was melting in my mouth, my mind wandered over to what happened yesterday

Flashback

"Oh, well... Uh..." Oh shit, why am I stuttering? Why can't I say something properly? "Well then, I am sure your sister would want something else, perhaps Dolces, or Louboutins. However, I need these shoes."

Oh god, I can't believe I just said that to Pattinson. He gave that scrunched-up look on his face, it was as if he was thinking about probably how a girl just didn't throw herself at him, but instead talked back at him. He then finally stopped that 'I-am-thinking' face and said, "I don't think my sister would very much like that. What about this? I have a photo shoot coming up in about half-an-hour, and you can give me your number. I'll call you about ... this shoe problem. And since you just talked as if you know so much about shoes, you might as well come with me to go buy her some."

I scoffed, then put on my: 'Oh-as-if-I-would-go-shopping-with-someone-as-cocky-as-you' face.

He then laughed out loud. He really didn't have that velvety voice that everyone made it sound like, but it wasn't bad. It was actually, quite pleasant to hear to; probably something that you will never get annoyed with.

"Pardon me, I'm not always this cranky, but then I haven't had my coffee yet. Perhaps if I ask you in a nicer way you will give me your number?" He asked in quite a sweet voice.

Oh what an actor he is, I am sure he says that to everyone he's trying to manipulate.
"Give me your cell, Mr. Pattinson."

He gave out a smirk and passed me his Blackberry. I typed in my number, and name. He then asked, "Well who should I ask for when I call this number, Ms. Anonymous?"

I passed back his phone as I hit 'send,' "Ask for Nadia, Nadia Zimmerman."

[end flashback]


"Nadia, Nadia!" Chloe was shaking me - and screaming in my ear, I must add. I shook myself as I ended that day-dream. And said, "Uh, what?"

"You started to doze off suddenly, and your phone is ringing for the second time now! Perhaps a penny for your thoughts?"

I stuck out my tongue at her. "Ha. Maybe, when you are being less annoying. Now where the hell is my phone?" I started to search for it around the couch.

"Inside the room." Chloe said as she reached over to the table to take the remote for the TV. I ran to my room after I put the ice-cream and spoon back on the table. I went to the desk in my room and took a look at my BlackBerry, it said 'Unknown Number'

I picked up the phone and licked my fingers to get rid of the ice-cream sticky-ness. 'Note to self: Go wash your hand after the phone!!'

The voice at the other side of the phone surprised me.

"Hello there." There was that flawless British accent. I could have guessed it even if that voice was a mile away.

"Hello."

"This is Robert Pattinson, can I please speak to a Nadia Zimmerman?"

"This is she."

And then his voiced changed. Not by a lot, but it became less serious. "Oh hey Nadia!"

I didn't actually think that he would call me, this took me by surprise. "Hey."

"How are you?"

"Better than before, because I got the shoes that I wanted."

He gave a low chuckle on the other side of the line.

"Yeah about that. I was wondering if you were free tomorrow."

"Maybe, and may I ask what this is for?"

"Shoes. For my sister."

"Hmm, have you changed your sexual orientation, Mr. Pattinson, or are you just doing this to make your sister happy?"

"Definitely the second answer, so are you free?"

"I guess now I am no longer free, I have to go shopping with someone who wants to buy shoes for her sister. But wait, can't you just ask one of your girlfriends, or perhaps Kristen Stewart, to do it with you?"

"Ah... I don't think they would know, what... what are those shoes called? Oh right Louboutins, or Jimmy Choos."

"Hmm, and I am surprised that you do."

"I do have sisters."

"It's good talking to you Mr. Pattinson, but where shall I meet you tomorrow morning?"

"Please call me Robert, meet me in Starbucks on 11th and Grand at 11."

"Alright, please make sure that none of your girlfriends will be hiring a hit man just because their boyfriend asked me to go shopping with him."

"That will do."

And we hung up on each other.

What a day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know my last chapter was full of grammar, and spelling mistakes; as well as this chapter. I am terribly sorry, I am going to ask my dearest friend to help me read my story first before I post it up for your joy, I will edit everything, and I am sorry that this is so late.

So yeah, if you look over to chapter one and two, there are changes in the age, Nadia is now 22. As well for the fact that I am going to change the title, and summary. So any ideas for the title?