Sequel: Joey's Depression

Mike's Determination

Mike's Determination

Billie Joe paused. "Are you trying to say what I think you are?"
"Uh huh."
"Y...you can't be! How could you be so sure?"
"I just am." Billie paused again, not sure about which way to go on this.
"I'll go have a chat to him." He got up and made his way to Joey's room, knowing that talking to him at a time like this wouldn't be easy.
"Joey, can I come in?" he called, lightly tapping on the door.
"Yeah, sure," came the reply. Billie Joe slowly entered the room.
"What yer doing?" he coolly asked.
"Cleaning my room," Joey replied, not even glancing up from his toy box.
"You know...about Michelle," Billie began, pausing to see the reaction on his face. Joey sighed, stopping his hunt through the box and picking up a book, flicking through it carelessly.

"What about her...?" Joey moped.
"Well... What would you do if Michelle did...pass?" Billie awkwardly stated.
"Let's just put it this way. If she dies, my self esteem dies, okay?" Joey mumbled, still not glancing up from the book.
"Joey, please. Try and make this easier for me. I'm already finding it difficult as it is," Billie Joe pleased, hoping his son would pay some attention to the topic.
Joey finally looked up.
"I know Mike doesn't wanna go through with this. I just want you to know that he doesn't have to," he whispered.
"He doesn't have to...but do you want him to?" Billie Joe skeptically quizzed.
"Of course I do! What do you think!?! I'd do ANYTHING to save her!" Joey cried, glaring at his dad right in the eyes.

Billie Joe stayed silent while tears built up in his eyes.
"So do I, Joey. So do I," he finally hissed kindly, pulling Joey into a tight embrace.
"I'm so scared. I miss talking to her already. Why did this have to happen?" Joey sobbed, not detaching from Billie. Billie Joe had no answer-What was there to say? He was saved by a knock at the door. Joey got up, took one glance out the window and gasped. "HIDE ME!!" he stuttered, dancing around, before finally finding a place under his desk.
"Joey?" Billie Joe quizzed confusingly.
"I..It's..." he stammered, finding it difficult to blurt out the words.
"It's who?!?" Billie eagerly urged.
"THAT DUDE!" Joey pointed frighteningly, shoving a finger at the window. Billie Joe craned his neck to peer out the window.
"Oh my fucking god. Is that..."