Somebody To Love

Slow Down

I woke up the next morning to the smell of breakfast being made down stairs. Pulling some fresh clothes on I went down to see Frank in a kiss the chief apron, making pancakes.

“You should have stayed in bed,” he said, as I came up behind him, kissing his neck. “I was going to bring it up to you.”

“I’m sorry,” I said, resting my head on his shoulder.

“That’s okay,” he said, flipping the pancakes and putting some on a plate. “We need to stay out of bed anyway.”

He turned around and lightly got out of my grasp, putting the rest of the pancakes on the plate.

I was slightly confused at him moving away from me, “What was that for?”

“Ray… we need to talk… about what happened last night,” Frank said, taking the plate to the table, shutting off the burner. “And being all over each other isn’t going to help get the point across.”

My face fell, following him, “What about last night?”

He sighed, sitting down at the table, “Ray, sit down.”

I did as he told me, growing more worried at Frank’s unusual behavior.

He was quite for a few minutes before he spoke, “If my mom had not have come home last night, would you have let me have sex with you?”

I thought about it for a while, “Depends, if you kept up what you were doing, most likely.”

Most likely? Try fuck yeah. The way his hands touched my skin, the way his mouth lingered down my neck, the way he made me moan, I would have played right into him last night. It just felt right.

He nodded, looking glumly, “I figured.”

I got concerned and my face fell even more, “Why, what’s wrong?”

Was he going to break up with me? I started to hold my breath. Ready for him to speak the words.

“I don’t think we are ready,” he said. “I don’t want to rush or push this. I like you a lot, but I don’t want you to feel as if you have to have sex with me. I know the way I invited you last night kind of came on strong and I’m sorry. It’s not that I don’t want to have sex with you, but I kind of don’t want to have sex with you.”

I was confused and slightly hurt, “Wait… what? You say you want to have sex with me… but you also don’t want to? Are you trying to say we need to see other people in a nice way?”

Frank sighed, and shook his head no, “No, Ray, I like you, a lot. And I mean a lot. I have not liked a guy like I like you in a long time. And with relationships, there is a fine line between having sex and making love. I’ve had sex with many guys, but I’ve only made love to one. I just don’t want to have sex with you, Ray. I want it to mean something, and right now is just the beginning. Stuff is just starting to happen with us, and if we rush it, then it will mean nothing. I want it to mean something then just lust, I want it to mean love.”

I breathed a sigh of relief, taking his hand.

I was floored, “You really mean that?”

He nodded, kissing me, “I do.”

I kissed back.

“Only one more thing,” Frank said, pulling away from me and looking directly into my eyes.

I nodded, “Anything.”

“We get tested before we go any further,” he said. “I’ve been with a lot of guys and I just want us to be safe. If we are going to explore ourselves, we need to know if we have anything, before it is too late. I know a free clinic that won’t give the information to our parents, not even our doctors. We can go after school tomorrow.”

I got worried, “Whoa… whoa… wait! Don’t you think that tomorrow is a little too soon?”

“Ray, even if we don’t have sex, the tension do to stuff is still there,” He explained. “I mean, I heard you in the bathroom last night. I know you didn’t have He-man in your overnight bag. Stuff is going to happen sexually.”

He was right; sometimes I hated it when he was right. I decided it was time to turn the tables off me. I switched the subject slightly.

“I figured out who you masturbate to last night,” I confessed, blushing deep red.

He pushed me lightly, laughing, “You did not!”

“I did,” I said, deciding to be bold. “And next time, I don’t want a picture of me to get all the glory of it.”

This time, Frank blushed deep crimson, “Ray, stop! You’re turning me on, to the point where I just may have to take you up on the offer.”

I smiled, taking my hand under the table to touch him.

He slapped it away before I could even get it close to his leg, “Don’t get any ideas. Not until we are tested.”

Frank took me home after we ate breakfast and called the clinic for an appointment.

“Don’t worry,” he told me in my driveway, before I got out. “Everything is going to be fine. Trust me on this.”

I nodded, kissing him goodbye, shutting the door and walking up the front walk, waving as he pulled away.

Once inside I spotted Louie on the couch, “reading” a comic.

“Kissy kissy,” He giggled, imitating the sound of kissing from behind the pages of the book.

Louie never read, which meant he was spying on Frank and I in the car.

“I swear, sometimes you are not nineteen,” I said, going into the kitchen to grab a soda.

“Don’t let mom see that hickey, she will flip out,” Louie called from the living room.

I went into the fridge, and pulled out a coke heading back into the living room.

“I do not have a hickey,” I said, cracking open the can, taking a swig.

Louie looked up from his comic, holding back a laugh, “That’s not what your neck says.”

“Grow up,” I said, taking the stairs two at a time to go to my room.

However, I stopped off at the bathroom just to make sure. I nearly screamed. Sure enough, on my neck, where Frank had been kissing me, was a big huge red mark, slowly making its way to becoming a bruise.