Somebody To Love

Getting Tested

He told me to meet him by the flagpole after school and sure enough, he was there, smoking a cigarette as he waited for me, listening to his CD player. As I got closer, I noticed his eyes where shut and he was lightly head banging humming along to a Black Flag song blaring out of his speakers. I almost didn’t want to disturb him, but I sundered up behind him and slid my arms around him, kissing his neck.

He melted into my arms and smiled, shutting off the CD player, putting out his cig.

“Ready?” He asked, slipping his cigarettes in his backpack along with his CD player.

I laughed lightly, resting my chin on his shoulder, “Ready as I’ll ever be.”

He turned around in my arms and kissed me, rubbing my back, “It’s not as bad as you are making it out to be. It’s pretty painless.”

I pressed my forehead to his and suck out my bottom lip, “You promise?”

He kissed my protruded lip lightly, “I promise.”

We stayed in each other’s arms for a few more seconds, savoring each other’s company before heading off to Frank’s car.

On the way over, Frank could tell I was still mentally freaking out about it, “Just relax.”

“I’m trying, it’s just hard,” I said, drumming lightly on my leg with my hands. “How many times have you done this?”

“Just once,” he said, keeping his eyes on the road. “I made some careless mistakes, sleeping with people without protection, and before my ex let us go any further, he wanted us to get tested.”

“Oh,” I said, with all thoughts of relaxation out the window, now a new problem came to head. “How many people have you been with?”

Frank flustered a little, and started to pick up speed slightly, “I mean, I wasn’t a man whore. Just five, but I’ve only enjoyed it once, with my ex, Joey. I mean, the others were casual. With Joey, it actually meant something. He took the time to make it feel good.”

I could not help but get a tad jealous, “You really loved him, huh?”

“Well, yeah, I thought I loved Joey,” Frank said, not slowing down. “Then things changed, I had to move, and he became a total asshole about it, saying he didn’t want a long distance relationship. Broke my heart.”

He started to slow down.

I rubbed his leg, “I’m sorry.”

Frank shook his head, “Don’t be. I’m over it. It happened a year ago. I doubt if I stayed in Trenton, we’d even be together now. Besides, you are all I care about now.”

I could not help but smile at that last remark and whisper very lightly, “In your face Joey.”
Frank turned up the radio after that, and the rest of the ride over was spent singing a long to Free Bird and attempting to air guitaring the solo. We arrived at the clinic and checked ourselves in, reading old magazines while we waited to be called back. I was still mentally freaking out, but Frank held my hand as we waited, so it made it a little better. I nearly jumped a mile in the air though when the nurse called us both back.

The nurse asked us as we approached him, “Frank Iero and Ray Toro?”

We both nodded.

“Come this way,” he said, directing us towards the bathroom. “We are going to ask you for a urine sample for the STD part of the test. You will later take a blood test to check for AIDS and then we will give you your results and you’ll be good to go.”

The nurse handed us both plastic cups and directed us towards the bathroom, following us in to make sure we did not tamper with the pee sample. After that, we were taken to anther waiting room while the nurse took the samples to the lab.

“At least they just made us pee,” Frank said, sitting back in his chair. “Last time I had to get swabbed for the STD test, let’s just say it was more evasive then someone watching you take a piss.”

I shuttered at the thought, but it was a semi good mental picture imaging Frank naked on a doctors table.

The nurse came back a few minutes later and took us to another room that looked like a mini blood lab, drawling our blood.

“Alright boys,” he said, after bandaging us up and taking us back to the room we were in before. “I’ll just take these to the lab and run them through and I’ll be back with the results in a few minutes.”

Frank smiled, shoving be lightly when the nurse was out of sight, “See! Not so bad! You survived.”

I smiled, taking his hand, “Your right, I’m just a little worried about the results though.”

He kissed my cheek lightly, “I’m sure you’ll be fine.”

I nodded, letting him cuddle me.

Frank let go when the nurse came back.

“Alright, I’m going to read you the results just follow me,” he led us to a doctors office type room with a bed and everything. Frank hopped up on the bed, and I took the chair next to it. The nurse sat down on the swivel chair the doctor would normally sit on and opened up the folder, getting it over with.

“You’re both negative,” the nurse said, handing us our result papers. “You can breathe now.”

We both breathed a sigh of relief upon seeing both us were, in fact, negative.

“But,” the nurse said, “you still need to be careful when dealing with the ladies and use protection every time. Just because you got tested, doesn’t mean they did.”

He handed us both bags with condoms and lube.

“Be safe boys and have a nice day,” he smiled, letting us go.

We tried to suppress our laughter until we got into the car. If he only knew the truth.

I asked Frank, peeling off my band-aid on the way home, “Can you hold onto the condoms and lube for me? I would be killed if these fell into the wrong hands.”

Frank nodded, “Sure thing. My mom barley goes into my room at all anyways, and if she does seeing condoms and lube lying around is nothing to her.”

We pulled up to my house a few minutes later.

I asked, “You want to come in?”

“I better not,” Frank said, shaking his head no. “I have homework I need to start. I’ve been putting it off.”

I kissed him goodbye, “Fair enough.”

He stopped me before I opened my door, “Hey what are you doing next week?”

I thought for a minute, “Nothing, why?”

“My dad will be in town for my birthday on Halloween, and I’d like you to meet him,” Frank said. “That is, if your not busy.”

“I’ll try to get out of trick or treat duty,” I said, nodding yes. “I’m sure my mom will let me. She loves you after all.”

He grinned, rubbing my inner thigh, “Ask her if you can stay over tomorrow while you’re at it. Mr. Z is giving a big history test and I need help studying.”

He put quotation marks around studying.

I smiled deviously, kissing him, “I’ll see what she says.”

We said goodbye and I went inside, my heart feeling as if it were going to explode.