Status: Complete

By the Light of the Moon I Will Always Love You

Chapter One

Image

Venom seeped into Carlisles mouth as he readied himself to hunt.It was his day off, the 'children' were at home,Esme was out and he was thirsty.He stretched delighted and set off into the trees.

He growled happily as he felt the woods rush past him and he ran, happy to feel the peace and freedom it gave him.

He wondered as he ran what he would hunt, a fox?Maybe a deer?He stopped suddenly as he heard a rustle in a nearby shrub.He hid and waited.Eventually, a tiny whiskered nose popped out,closely followed by two long ears.Carlisle smiled, a hare.And it was a big one.It would last him at least three days.

The hare stiffened and stared in the direction Carlisle was hiding.It suddenly sprang off and bounded out of sight.Carlisle frowned.How did it know he was there?He was out of sight and out of the wind direction.He decided to give chase now that the sweet thought of fresh blood filled his mind.

He dodged through the trees and his mind wandered.He realised he was in unfamiliar territory.Though the Cullens hunted often,they had yet to know the whole forrest.They tended to stick to the same spots for meals.

He watched the hare stop at a rocky wall and it disappeared.Carlisle approached the wall cautiously and discovered an opening.How strange,it appeared to be a cave.He walked carefully in and he saw the terrified gleam of the hares eyes.He bared his fangs,ready to kill when a sudden noise startled him.It was a hiss,a loud,angry and very vampire-esque hiss.

He sprung back out of the cave and crouched near the opening,ready to fight.How could someone be here?In Cullen territory?How had Alice not seen this?He was bewildered yet intrigued.

Carlisle stiffened as he heard soft,gentle footsteps approach from out of the darkness.A figure emerged and small rays of sunlight bounced off her face and body...but she did not sparkle.Carlisle watched and she turned to face him.His jaw dropped at the sight of the spellbinding creature in front of him.

It was a girl,no more than seventeen or eighteen in looks.She wore a long,pure white dress that seemed to swirl as she walked forward.Her waist length white blonde hair blew slightly in the wind and her skin was pale.Even paler than his own.But it was her eyes that had his attention.

Her eyes rather than blood-red or even gold were a pure,electrifying silver.Her pupils were jet black and her gaze locked into Carlisles.He had the sudden feeling she could see into his very soul.

"Carlisle Cullen", her voice was soft,musical even to a vampires ear, "you have discovered me at last",

When Carlisle found his voice he could only ask one question

"Who are you?",
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment!
x