Status: Complete

By the Light of the Moon I Will Always Love You

Chapter Twenty-Six

Image

Jacob popped his head through the door of Ariel’s bedroom, a large smile on his face. He watched the love of his life as she slipped on a royal blue dress that fell to just below her knee. He sneaked in, knowing she was unaware of his presence and as she fluffed her silver hair out around her shoulders, and blinked her long black eyelashes, framing her silver orbs, at her reflection. She raised a hand, tracing her pink lips and her faintly blushed cheeks. Alice had done a good job with make-up as always, though Jacob didn’t think Ariel needed make up. She was beautiful the way she was, and always would be.

He wrapped his arms around her, feeling her jump slightly underneath him at his sudden presence but then she smiled, leaning back into his chest, resting her head on his shoulder. Even in the heels she was wearing, she was still as tiny as ever. Jacob kissed the top of her head, and then bent his head further to touch her cheek. He rose his eyes to follow Ariel’s gaze to their reflection in the mirror.

A young man looked back at him, his body large, his muscles well defined even through the black shirt he was wearing. His russet skin tone was dark in contrast to the pearly sheen of the girl’s skin he was holding. His arms were wrapped around her slim body, his hands coming to rest on her stomach. Her blue dress complimented her pale features and her wide silver eyes. Jacob had never seen a couple so perfect for each other, and neither had Ariel.

“I could stay like this forever,” murmured Ariel, rocking back and forth in Jacob’s embrace, a contented sigh escaping her mouth.

“So could I,” Jacob whispered, his mouth nuzzling her jaw line, “But right now, you look good enough to eat.”

Ariel chuckled, turning around so she could reach up and place her lips on Jacob’s, “shouldn’t it be me saying that?” she chuckled.

Jacob smiled, but caught her lips again, and moaned as Ariel deepened it. His arms came around her body to clutch at her dress, pushing it up her legs slightly as it bunched in his hands. He walked backwards, bringing Ariel with him, and turned at the last moment so she collapsed onto the bed behind them, he trapping her underneath his broad shoulder.

He kissed down Ariel’s neck and she smiled, running her leg up his, her hand playing with his hair, “we should be going now,”

“No!” Jacob whined into her ear, capturing her mouth again to stop her protests. The wedding could wait. Ariel laughed, but started to succumb to Jacob’s advances and before long, her hands were beginning to travel down his shirt, unbuttoning as she went. Her palms stretched out onto his hot chest, running over the smooth skin and muscled torso. She gasped in arousal as Jacob moved his knee to press hard between her legs.

“No, no, no! Separate!”

Ariel began to laugh as Alice’s disgusted voice shouted at them, but Jacob just smiled and continued nuzzling into Ariel’s shoulder, finally resting his head on her neck and his body on hers. He turned his face to gaze at Alice’s face calmly, “and what are you going to do about it?”

Alice smirked, and held up a water gun she’d been hiding behind her back, “I’ll do it, You know I will.”

Jacob smiled, “you won’t want to risk ruining Ariel’s make up.”

Alice chuckled slowly, “I’ll only be aiming for you dog, and you know I don’t miss!”

Jacob bit his lip and then got up slowly, holding his hands up, “Okay Alice. Put.The.Gun.Down.”

Alice screamed as Jacob made a run for the door and Ariel fell back onto the bed laughing as Alice ran after him. She could hear Jacob’s shouts of protest as he became victim to Alice and her gun. After a moment, Ariel propped herself up and made her way downstairs. Jacob and Alice were running around outside the front door.

Jasper was leaning against the open door, a smile on his face as he watched his beloved Alice running around in her long purple dress, laughing at Jacob as she soaked him head to toe. Ariel smiled, placing her slight arm through the crook of Jasper’s. He smiled down at his favourite sister, and kissed her forehead lovingly.

“You look very smart Jasper,” Ariel said, looking Jasper’s demure dark suit up and down, complete with a dark purple tie, complementing Alice’s dress.

They all began to move as Carlisle and Esme, emerged. Esme scolding Alice for ‘bullying’ poor Jacob. They all laughed as Jacob shook his head, scattering Peter and Reneesme with water droplets. Reneesme shrieked, kicking out at Jacob who ran behind Ariel as protection before clambering onto his motorbike.

“Ariel Cullen! Don’t you dare think of riding that bike in that dress!” Alice shrieked, enraged from the back of Rosalie’s sports car.

Ariel grinned and wrapped her arms around Jacob as he revved the engine and turned the throttle. The wheels of the bike span in the dry dirt for a moment, before it sped off up the road, Ariel’s dress fluttering in the wind, as well as her streaming silver hair.

Jacob laughed, looking back at Ariel whose eyes shone with happiness. She kissed the back of his neck, “I love you Jacob.”

“I love you too Ariel,” he whispered into the wind so it was carried back to her. Ariel smiled, hugging herself closer to him as they turned onto the old road for La Push.

~

Jacob wrapped his arm around Ariel’s waist as she dismounted the bike which he had parked up near his father’s house. They walked down the lane together, Ariel tottering slightly in the alien heels. They turned a corner towards Sam and Emily’s house, and heard a shout. Seth came running towards them, a large grin plastered across his face like always. He beamed at Ariel, his eyes becoming slightly unfocused as he swept his eyes up and down her body. Jacob growled under his breath slightly, but Ariel elbowed him and stepped forward, wrapping Seth into a warm hug. He giggled and hugged her back, and watched her walk away. Jacob grabbed him by the scruff of his shirt, “Seth, I think it’s about time to imprint.”

Seth grinned, still looking at Ariel, “Oh, I’m trying Jake, I’m trying real hard.” His stare turned into a squint as if he was focusing all his energy on Ariel’s conversation with Leah.

Jacob rolled his eyes, pulling Seth back so he fell onto the ground and stepped over him, “think again Kid.”

Seth laughed, jumping up and putting on his suit jacket. Jacob’s was slung over one shoulder and Ariel shook her head at his effortlessly cool appearance.

Alice soon arrived and after checking Ariel’s dress for any marks, they all sat down to await the bride. Jacob stood at the front with the rest of the older pack members besides the uncharacteristically nervous Sam.

The music started, a collection of Native American instruments and wind chimes that created a haunting yet beautiful sound as Emily moved up the aisle, her scarred face not noticeable against her obvious beauty. Her dress was a beautiful garment of white Spanish lace, a simple lace veil covering her raven hair and a collection of burnt orange and yellow wildflowers in her hands as a bouquet. She looked beautiful and the ceremony was beautiful. Billy Black married them as the village chief, and Ariel could see the pride in Jacob’s eyes for both his father and his pack brother. They all cheered as finally, after too long, Sam and Emily came husband and wife.

Jacob returned quickly to Ariel’s side, never liking to leave her alone too long. The Cullens stood together, talking to the Quileute’s brave enough to converse with their allies. Ariel could see that many of the locals were still wary of the Cullens, those that knew of the legends and those that knew the truth. She had never been seen as a threat or enemy before in La Push, but now they knew who she was with, and what that meant for her identity as a supernatural being, she was also looked upon with distrust. But Ariel didn’t care, as long as Jacob’s arms were around her and his eyes looked down upon her with love and trust, that was all that mattered and that was all that was needed in her life. Jacob.

After some time, and close dancing, both Ariel and Jacob walked up the mountain to their cliff. Ariel discard her shoes, giving them to Alice to keep safe. She reached out for Jacob’s hand as they walked and he enclosed it around her own and smiled down at her. The evening sky was starting to turn red as the sun set and Ariel sighed, she had never been happier.

Jacob put his arm around her shoulder as they reached their spot and Ariel kissed his cheek. Jacob smiled, content and his other hand went into his pocket where he fingered the ring he had bought in Port Angeles the week before. He gulped, a sweat starting to break out on his brow as he thought how to ask…should he just come out and say it? Maybe he should start with a joke.

But then Ariel turned and looked at him, as if she knew he was worrying about something. She placed her ice cold hand on his cheek, cooling him down slightly and smiled at him. And he knew what to say.

“I’d never want to be anywhere but here with you Ariel, right now. I thought my world was complete before you entered it. And then I saw you and realised the final puzzle piece was missing. I love you Ariel, I’ve never loved anyone the way I love you. You’re amazing, and brave and the most beautiful girl I’ve ever known…even if you’re several centuries older than me.”

Ariel chuckled, her fingers stroking his cheek, “What are you trying to say Jacob?”

“The thing is Ariel, I was wondering, well…hoping with everything I hold close to my heart that you would…you would,”

Jacob stopped as a breeze blew toward him and he froze first, and then his body began to shake as he neared phasing. Ariel stiffened too, and looked around wildly for the vampire the scent was coming from. It was unfamiliar, certainly not one of the Cullens, but it was the scent the pack had been trying to follow over the past weeks.

Jacob grabbed Ariel, pulling her to safety behind him, ignoring her hisses of protest that she could look after herself. He crouched slightly, his gaze boring into the trees close to them. The scent was coming stronger as the vampire drew neared to them.

And finally, the leaves of the shrubbery rustled as a body came through them. The man stopped, sniffing and looked around, his gaze meeting Ariel’s who gasped slightly. She pushed Jacob’s hand away from her as she stepped towards the new vampire, her whole body shaking. This couldn’t be. This wasn’t possible that he would be here, in front of her now after all these years, without him.

Her hand came up as he smiled softly at her, his own palm resting on her cheek. She traced his lips and then his kind silver eyes, and finally her mouth opened, and the words Jacob had never expected came from them.

“William?” she whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yep!I did it!
:O
What do you think will happen now? Four more chapters left.
And my Jasper story is up and running, if you want to check it out, go here
Please comment!!!

William

Ariel's dress