Status: Complete

By the Light of the Moon I Will Always Love You

Chapter Three

Image

Jasper puffed on the ciggarette hanging from the corner of his mouth.Of course,the smoke did not harm him but smoking was a habit he had acquired during his days serving in the civil war as an innocent young human. He had never given it up, it made him feel more human than monster.

He swiped his paintbrush against the rough canvas in a last stroke,and stepped back admiring his work.He could give this landscape of the forest to Edward and Bella.For their cottage.

He sat into a chair behind him and scraped at the flecks of paint that had settled on his denim jeans,slung low on his narrow hips.

He grew bored after a minute and got up,deciding to see what the others were doing.Bella and Edward were in the cottage,with Renesmee. Emmett was watching a late night re-run of a football game and Alice was curled up like a cat reading.Carlisle and Esme were out,hunting,he presumed.

He looked around the family room,noting Ariels absence.He wasn't surprised.Her nomadic traits still lay deep within her and she often secluded herself from the family activites.He decided to look for her.Why?He wasn't quite sure.All he knew and understood was this strange vampire intrigued him.Not like the Volturi or Bella,it was deeper than that.He wanted to know her,to find the depths she was keeping hidden in her soul.

He skipped up the stairs gracefully and opened the door to the room that was previously Edwards,not surprised she wasn't in there.The bed lay untouched though they had found out in the last week of her arrival she slept,unlike them.She seemed to possess more human qualities than the Cullens though it was strange and at times she appeared more animalistic and her fangs were sharper.

He had enjoyed her transition as the newest member of the Cullen family.He still chuckled at the memory of when Emmett had turned on the television for the first time and she had scrambled halfway up the curtains before realising there was no danger.

He wandered into her room,trailing his hands lightly along the cover of her bed.He noted nothing much had changed since Edward had moved out and Ariel moved in.It still posessed the feel of Edward.The only difference was a collection of strange stones and feathers Ariel had brought with her from her cave.He picked one up and looked at it curiously,it was an smooth oval and pure white.He put it down and looked outside,it had gotten darker while he had been painting and now the sky was almost jet black.

He stayed at the window and was about to turn away when he noticed a dark form huddled by a tree beside the river.It moved slightly and the moonlight illuminated the silver hair.It was Ariel.

Jasper wandered outside.She jumped as he approached and then watched him as he sat down beside her.They sat like that,side by side for what must have been little over an hour,just listening to the noise of the forest.She stayed silent and so did Jasper but he listened to her emotions as they fell like waves over him.He was surprised by her feelings of lonliness and sadness and wanted to reassure her.But he knew she did not work that way.She was aloof and she would stay that way.He had only seen her lean in support to Carlisle and sometimes Esme,relaxing in the parental protection they offered.

He turned to her as she sighed,her arms cradled around her legs.She looked at him,her silver eyes glittering like diamonds.He was curious to know more about her,

"How did you die?" He whispered.

Her eyes seemed to glaze over with confusion as she thought,"I can't remember much of my human life",she replied hoarsely, "I can't remember my parents or if I had brothers or sisters.I remember I was accused of witchcraft.I was drowned in the lake and I was turned by an angel vampire Kit.He was our leader.But he was the first the Volturi killed."

Jasper nodded and stiffened in shock as he felt Ariel lean on him.He found himself pleased she was able to talk to him.To tell him about her life.He yearned to be her friend,her companion.He watched Ariel as she stared up at the sky and jumped as a slivers of excitement rushed through him,passed to him by Ariel.He frowned wondering what had her excited.

She was staring at the moon,that had now risen to watch over the night forest,the sun of the night.It was full and the silver glow framed Ariel in her full beauty.

"The moon is bright tonight",she whispered,her tongue slipping from her mouth to lick her lips.She stood up and walked forward

"Ariel?"Jasper questioned.

Ariel turned to Jasper ,"Its power is great tonight.I must go now Jasper.Don't worry.I'll be back by morning."

Jasper watched Ariel with an amused smile as she bounded over the river and flashed in and out of the trees in silver spurts.Jasper turned back towards the house,not staying long enough to witness her vampire gift.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey thanks for the subscribers and commenters
I would love more!
XD

Banners are welcome too

And for everyonethis is what Ariel looks like but if you don't like that then you create something in your own imagination as thats what its for

I don't know that girl I would like to add but shes beautiful..:)

x