Status: Complete

By the Light of the Moon I Will Always Love You

Chapter Five

Image

Jasper slipped out of the room and quietly made his way upstairs, leaving Jacob and Renesmee with Edward. Alice and Rosalie had dragged a disgruntled Bella shopping. They hadn’t bothered asking Ariel and Jasper understood she wasn’t ready for such close proximity with humans. Though she had a controlled bloodlust, she was just too different to fit into the small town of Forks…just yet.

He made his way down the hall and stopped at her bedroom. She had come in late last night and he wondered.

Opening up the door, once again he made his way slowly into Ariels’ bedroom and smiled softly at the sight of the small vampire, sprawled beautifully across the bed. Her hand was clutched softly around a pillow and her even breaths caused her chest to rise and fall gently.

Jasper surveyed her, his eyes travelling up her slender body, still in her white dress, her bare feet covered in dusty mud and her long hair which was billowed around her like a halo. He almost laughed that if he ever didn’t believe in angels, he certainly did now. Ariel was the closest example he had ever seen.

He sat down on the edge of the bed, careful not to wake the girl and again felt the wave of emotion she was feeling in her dreams. He was pleasantly surprised they differed from the night befores lonliness and sadness. Now she was feeling happy and loved.
He didn’t wonder at his feeling for her. He knew he loved her but in a completely different way to Alice. Alice was his soulmate, and he knew without Alice he possibly wouldn’t be here today.
With Ariel, though he appreciated her beauty and perfection as every man would, he felt a brotherly love. He already felt the protective hold he had for her and he knew if anyone went near her, he’d rip their throat.

He smiled at her as her eyes fluttered open and she stared at him first and then gave a small, almost unsure smile.
“You don’t have to be scared Ariel”, he said in response to the zip of fear he felt run through her.
She smiled “I know Jasper.”

Jasper took her delicate hand in his and pulled her up gently, letting her bare feet land on the floor softly and silently.
“Come, he smiled, “We have a visitor.”
Ariel looked at Jasper
“Who?”
“Jacob.”
Jasper didn’t need to explain who Jacob was as he knew Ariel had heard enough about him. She had been filled with pictures and memories of him by Renesmee and he had not visited in over a week and so Renesmee had taken the time to tell Ariel everything about her dog Jake.

It confused Jasper alarmingly and he almost fell over with the strength of the shock and fear that ran through Ariel. Her silver eyes widened and she backed away, pulling herself away from Jaspers grip.

“No…no…I can’t go down…not today...not yet!”

“What Ariel, what’s wrong?” Jasper grew scared as wave after wave of her anxiety crashed down upon him.

“No…no...Can’t go down...”

With one stride, he closed the gap between them and grabbing her arms, brought her close to him and just held onto her…when he felt her calm down he asked her again..

“What’s wrong?”

“I...can’t see him today. I just can’t. Please understand.”

He smoothed her hair back from her face ,“I’ll never make you do anything against your will Ariel. None of us will…always remember that!”

Ariel nodded, her breathing becoming more relaxed as she grabbed that strict control over herself again.

Jasper let her go,”You stay here then and rest. I know you were out all night...I suppose I’ll find out in time what you were doing?”

Ariel smiled again “Yes,” she whispered.

Jasper turned to go, “Jasper?”

“Yes?”

“Don’t say anything about me to him yet…please.”

Jasper nodded and left the room as quietly as he had entered it and wondered what could have possibly made Ariel that upset about Jacob. Was it because he was a werewolf? He didn’t think she had much experience with the dogs and maybe she was frightened.

He re-entered the room the others where in. Jacob was playing happily with Renesmee but Edward had a frown on his face…and it looked like he was listening intently to something. Jacobs’s thoughts perhaps?

He felt it as Edwards anger increased and he jumped up quickly,

“Edward, kitchen now…” he thought.

Edward looked at him and followed the younger vampire out of the room. Jasper turned as they reached the kitchen, leaning against Esmes cooker,

“What is it?”
Edward gritted his teeth in frustration “He’s imprinted on someone else.”
Jaspers jaw dropped, “What? That’s not possible!”

“Well apparently it is! He’s been thinking about her non-stop. Where does this leave Nessie?”

Jasper wasn’t quite sure what to think,”Did you get a picture of who it was.”

Edwards’s eyes flashed black, “It was Ariel”
♠ ♠ ♠
One more update then none for two weeks
:(

Please comment and subscribe
x