This Love, This Hate

Yellow Eyes

"I don't like him," Shrivana said, sinking her impeccably white teeth into a green apple.

Chantal rolled her eyes and folded her sinewy legs under her thighs, her stiletto heels grazing the black office chair. Her cheery face gave way to boredom, as she inspected her perfectly manicured fingernails.

"The guy is sex on legs, how can you not like him?" Shrivana's roommate and only friend asked. Chantal’s eyes searched questioningly into Shrivana’s. Her face was impassive, giving away no secrets. If she had any, Chantal thought.

"I don't know. I guess I just don't trust sex on legs--as you so want to put it," Shrivana lied. Chantal, yet again, rolled her eyes.

"Chill chick, I told you, it's just a one little date today. Besides, it's not like I will bring him back to the apartment," Chantal assured.

You contradicting bitch, Shrivana thought as she glared at the couple. Chantal came back from her date, and brought Brian back as a nice 'surprise'. Yup, Shrivana thought, I'm surprised. She should've seen it coming, since she knew Chantal so well.

Shrivana heard Chantal giggle and then watched as she made herself seated comfortably on Brian's lap. Shrivana blinked and felt out of place. She stood up and slipped on a pair of Chantal’s black flats.

"Well, I think I want a walk. Later," Shrivana said. Her long, pale fingers touched the cool surface of the doorknob and she paused, "Oh and whatever you pair do, don't fuck on the sofa. I still live here."

The couple basically ignored her but Shrivana didn't bother, all she wanted to do was get out.

Feeling the cool breeze hit her skin, she breathed in, closing her eyes. A wicked laughter filled the night. Her eyes snapped open. The place was deserted and now she didn't like too much being alone. Shrivana shivered, hating the fear she felt.

The laughter had seemed so real and yet...

Shrivana tensed, feeling someone behind her. She breathing became hollowed and her eyes were shut tightly. Slowly she turned around, and then she opened her eyes. Her dark green eyes looked into a pair of sickly yellow ones. Shrivana gasped and fell back. It was a wolf. Its fur was black as pitch, with teeth so jagged and pointy that it could more than well rip off her head. She moved on the dirty pavement on her knees, crawling to get away.

Shrivana was hiding behind a wall. Her feet felt like they were going to give away as they wobbled, trying to keep her up. She swallowed and began thinking. What she felt before; the presence. The feeling was familiar.

She recognized the same feeling at the club. She recognized a similar feeling when she saw Brian. Panic engulfed her. What did any of this meant? Those yellow eyes weren’t exactly friendly and—there it was again. She could feel a presence coming closer. Shrivana turned to face it and jumped, shocked.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“Chantal was worried about you,” Brian said. Shrivana looked at him doubtfully but didn’t bother. Brian’s hand went to take hers but Shrivana stepped away.

“Whatever,” she said.