This Love, This Hate

Nice

The liquid ran down her throat, giving the usual burning sensation. Shrivana looked at her glass, it was half empty with cranberry juice and some Jack Daniel's. The drink tasted a bit too awful but cranberry juice was the only thing consumer friendly in the fridge.

Sunlight passed through the flimsy material of the blue curtains and Shrivana sat on the couch, deep in thought. The encounter with Wolfy two nights ago couldn't be a hallucination. It was real; she knew it in her bones. That-that supernatural being--the last time she checked, wolf sightings in New York? Not possible-- was real.

Slow, loud knockings on the door startled Shrivana, breaking her thoughts. Expecting the person outside the door to be Chantal, she walked up to the apartment's entry with ease. Her body, though, froze as these sorts of signals rang through her whole being, stating that there was nothing human about this visitor.

Shrivana slightly cursed herself and her weird powers--could she even call this unfortunate sixth sense powers? -- for not being able to actually tell who the fuck is at the door.

Irritably, she opened the door, why bother checking who was there? She would be doomed either way. She scowled; no matter if this man wasn't human he was God damn annoying!

"Why hello, my dear," he voice purred out. My frown deepened.

"Brian, Chantal is at work, leave me alone," Shrivana said. Laughter escaped his lips, sending shivers for certain reasons down her spine. Yes, Shrivana established the man is irresistible, but did her body have to react? "And, you don't own me, so stop putting the word 'my' before every little pet names you conjure up when you clearly don't remember women's names."

"Shrivana, of course I remember your name; you're someone I can't easily forget," Brian murmured. It was true; this woman was beautiful and damn well intriguing. Ever since he laid eyes on her at the club so many nights ago, Shrivana was constantly on his mind, something that had never ever happened before.

Shrivana ignored the urge to melt, or whatever word women used when they just wanted to succumb to a man's every whim after a simple praise. She chastised herself, not wanting to transform into a dim-witted, giggling school girl.

"Now listen, I'm pretty busy, why don't you just leave already," she said, her voice rough and demanding. An amused smile played on his lips as he gestured to the small glass Shrivana had in her hand.

"I can see. One question, why is a single, beautiful woman, like yourself, doing drinking at nine in the morning?" Brian asked. Because clearly, Shrivana thought, I have no life.

"Hmm, why is a womanizing, repulsive man, like yourself, doing pestering a woman who clearly doesn't want your company?"

"Do you honestly find me repulsive?" Brian asked, "Woman usually find me attractive, sexy."

"Maybe on the outside," Shrivana said, looking him up and down just for her eyes' pleasure, "But damn, I don't really think the inside is all that great."

Brian leaned closer, licking his lips, "Well, there's only one way to find out."

"And that," she said looking at his lips, "would mean that I'm interested," She then poked his chest, gently pushing him away. Brian nodded, accepting the refusal.

"Alright, but what if I told you that I just wanted to get to know you, would you let me in?" Brian asked, his hands in his pockets. Shrivana looked at Brian. Something at the back of her mind was screaming to let him in. Shrivana sighed and opened the door wider to let him in.

There was something bothering her. How could she let him in? Why didn't she think he was dangerous? Why would she trust him?

As Shrivana sat on the chair, facing Brian she smiled on memory. Her eyes focused on Brian, "I remember the first time I ever drank," Shrivana's smile widened as she reminisced, "I was thirteen and all alone in the house. My parents had whiskey stored back in their fridge. I was curious as to how whiskey tasted so I pour perhaps two tablespoons of whiskey in a glass and I chugged it down. Damn, I could just taste how vile it was and even hours after that huge mistake, I was vomiting. My parents never even knew."

Brian had a smile on his face too. He didn't know why, but he was really glad Shrivana shared that with him. He had to admit, it was nice knowing little, insignificant things about this woman that no one else knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, comments are loved so............. comment =)