This Love, This Hate

Hurt

The next day, Shrivana was walking on the pavement, opposite to park Brian said to meet him. She decided to cross with the bustle of people when she felt it.

Since she could see spirits, it always left her vulnerable to them; vulnerable to their attacks.

Unfortunately, this was happening here; in the middle of the road. Shrivana felt paralyzed, barely able to talk as she felt something powerful feeding on her life force. Her mouth was open, but no scream could come out.

Right there, in pain, all she could do was panic inside her mind and feel the incomprehensible pain.

She saw people around her, walking along and not paying attention to her; she saw no hope; and worse, she just wished to die. Her chest was hurting, as if something was ripping out her heart. She felt as if something was slowly pulling of her organs, relishing her pain. Tears flowed from her eyes and she could taste the salty remains of her tears.

In all her life, this has never happened before, and all Shrivana wanted to do was curl up into a ball and be numbed from this pain. She looked down at her body to see blood dripping to the ground. She tried screaming for help, but once again, nothing came from her mouth. Once again, no one was looking at her.

Was she going to die?

Suddenly, she felt a cool hand grab her arm and then everything was normal. She gasped for breath as if she was drowning and finally was saved. She glanced down at her chest; nothing. The blood that was dripping from her body wasn't there. She felt her body, no wounds. What the hell? Was it a hallucination? Was she going insane?
She looked at the hand that was on her arm; the one that was pulling her back to the pavement. Shrivana glanced at the person who was dragging her away.

"Brian," she croaked out once they both stopped moving. Immediately, Brian gathered her in his arms, "Bri--I saw--"

"Shh, I know Shree, I know," Brian said, rubbing her back lightly as Shrivana stayed into his embrace. She wanted to ask if he really did know, but couldn't find the strength. Instead, she just hugged Brian tighter, confused but extremely glad to have someone there for her, “Come on, let’s get you out of here.”

He led her by the hand to a hotel. It was luxurious and it automatically screamed rich, to Shrivana. She made her way to the elevator with Brian’s help.

The two entered a large hotel room, and while Shrivana sat on the huge bed, she wondered why Brian even bothered gracing his presence at her and Chantal’s shitty assed apartment.

Shrivana sighed and looked into Brian’s chocolate brown eyes as he stooped down to her level. His eyes were warm, but filled with worry and concern. Was that for her? Why? She wasn’t special.

“Are you okay?” Brian asked.

“Brian, the night you and Chantal went out,” Shrivana said slowly, trying to get the right words, “I went out for a walk and I saw something—well at least I think I did—and when I was hiding, you found me—”

Shrivana stopped, seeing an expression on Brian’s face. It was realization, she thought, or at least something close to that.

“I wasn’t—it was real, wasn’t it? The wolf,” Shrivana said, looking at Brian. He hadn’t replied to her, but as she looked at him, she knew her answer; and that was damn well frightening. Before she went into extreme shock or anything, Shrivana had to ask, “What are you, Brian?”

He avoided her gaze, looking at her clothes rather than her face; as if he was—what? What was it? Shrivana felt frustrated. She really wished she knew what Brian was thinking, much less feeling. She placed her hands on her face and raised his head up; trying to get him to look at her. Once his brown eyes met her mossy, green ones she repeated the question, “What are you?”

“Shrivana, do you trust me?” Brian asked. She wanted to say ‘no’ but knew it was a lie.

“Yes, surprisingly, I do,” she said, sighing. Brian nodded.

“Okay, well I’m sorry,” Brian said. Shrivana looked at him confused.

“For what?”

“This.”

The next thing she saw was darkness; she was unconscious.