Boys Don't Cry.

Chapter 2

It was still dark when Brian arrived in London, he walked the cold streets aimlessly, watching his surroundings, drug dealers, hookers waiting for work, drunken groups of people heading home after a long night of partying, shopkeepers getting ready for the oncoming day.
It was cold, Brian only had his trusty black denim jacket to warm him, he reached into his pocket and pulled out his beloved Marlboro Lights, placing one in between his frozen fingers. Brian watched as the toxic smoke mixed in with his frozen breath. He grinned to himself, being only seventeen, he couldn’t actually buy his own fags, back home, he used to get the neighbors son to buy them for him, he was tall, reasonably good looking, very muscular and captain of the rugby team, he was quiet expensive, £8 a packet, or if (as in most cases) Brian was broke, a blow job would suffice, but apparently that didn’t make him gay, seeing as Brian looked more like a bird than his girlfriend did.

The streets had become busier now as the morning light broke through, lack of sleep had begun to take effect on Brian, having been awake all night. He drearily walked through the street, bumping into various businessmen and women only to received and annoyed glare in return. It began to occur to Brian that he had no idea were to go, he didn’t know anyone, hadn’t got enough money to pay for a hotel, a very cheap hostel maybe, the thoughts began to swirl around his tired mind, causing a headache to form at the top of his for head.

Brian walked into a small café, ordering him self a coffee, specifying that it be made strong, sitting down at a small table in a corner.
A young girl entered, she had blond waist length hair, wearing a pair of black Doc Martens boots with a purple skirt, a satchel adorned with numerous patches and badges hung from her shoulders, Brian could see what looked like a sketchpad poking out from were the zip had not fastened. She glanced over at Brian and gave him a small smile which he returned. She went up to the counter to place her order and Brian returned to his coffee.

“Do you play?” She said, causing Brian to jump, he looked up at the girl who had entered a few moments ago, she was motioning to his guitar.

“Yeah, Its not as if I would be carrying a guitar around with me for mere decoration, is it?”

“You’d be surprised, its amazing how many girls will flock to a man just because he has a guitar, even if he can’t play for his life” This caused Brian to laugh.

“Well not really in my case, most girls just assume I’m gay, but I’m able to actually play my guitar so I guess it evens out”

“So are you gay? Not that I’ve got anything against it, of course” Brian sighed, it was not the first time he had been asked that question.

“Nah, I’m the greedy type, I like both sexes,”

“Oh even better!” She said laughing, “Can I?” She pointed at the chair opposite him.

“Of course, may I have the honour of knowing your name?”

“Casaline Stone, please call me Cassie though”

“Did the kids ever call you Gasoline?”, Brain instantly regretted what he had just said, “Eh, Sorry.”

“It’s okay but yeah they did, so do you have a name or would you prefer to remain anonymous?”

“It is top secret but I’ll let you in on it,” He leant forward to her face, “ Brian Molko,” He whispered, glancing quickly around the café.

They both giggled childishly and begun talking some more, Brian began to look at her face, she had an eyebrow piercing, he could see brown roots growing out from were her hair had been dyed , her eyes were brown and her skin was lightly freckled, he noticed she wore far less make-up than himself, only some eyeliner and concealer. Brian thought she was beautiful, so natural. He loved the way her eyes lit up when she laughed and when she bit her lip when she was interested in something she had to say. He learned that she was 18 years old, she studied art in college but was planning on dropping out, they share the same taste in alcohol(vodka). She enjoyed listening music while smoking weed. She was adopted and has been living in London all her life.

“So, how did you end up in London,” She asked, looking expectantly at Brian

“This morning actually, train,” Brian said, not trying to meet her eyes.

“Really, why be here so early,”

“I’m sort of running away,” Brian stared into his now cold coffee.

“From what?” Brian really wished she wasn’t asking so many questions.

“My Dad, he wasn’t exactly the nicest person in the world”

“So you’ve come here, to the city, to get away from it all, to start afresh, maybe join a band?”

“Eh yeah, something like that”

Cassie sighed and looked sad.

“Oh Brian, do you honestly think you are the first disaffected teen to do this?” She took a sip of her drink before continuing, “Hundreds of them, only a few lucky ones really make it, most end up back home or worse, living on the street.”

“Well, maybe I’m gonna be one of the lucky ones”

“That’s what they all say, your lucky I like you Brian,” Cassie’s tone had certainly gone down

“So are you saying…”

“That you can crash in mine, yes, but only if you play your guitar for me,” Her happy tone had returned, Cassie stood up, “Come on Brian, you need some sleep, you look like your about to drop dead”

Brian followed her out of the café back into the busy London streets, almost forgetting that it was still early in the morning, for the first time in a long time, Brian felt that things were going to work out.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what do you think of Cassie? Will she be good or bad?

I personally really like this chapter:)

Don't for get to comment!