‹ Prequel: Sick Little Games

Cause a Scene Like You're Supposed To

This isn’t forever; this isn’t goodbye.

Katherine Murphy stepped outside, automatically feeling the warm summer sun beating down on her porcelain skin. The birds were chirping and the sky was bright blue, perfectly cloudless. It was beautiful out, a day Katherine would have enjoyed any other day, but it was starting to irritate her now. Why was the world so god damn optimistic?

That day was the day Alex would be leaving for Warped Tour.

That day was the day that marked the start of her desperate endeavor to survive without him.

Katherine had always been able to function without guys before, hell, she’d even been able to function without Alex before. She didn’t know what had come over her now; all she knew that she would miss him, and that she was terrified that he’d find someone new while he was away. He was Alex Gaskarth after all; it’s what he did. Even if he didn’t possess all of the High School traits that he used to, she knew he still carried that blood in him. As much as he tried to convince her he was completely changed, she knew he wasn’t.

Though, in the end, everyone knew he was trying, and that’s all that really mattered.

Katherine sighed as she watched her boys pile their things in the bus that sat in Alex’s driveway, their manager, Matt Flyzik, yelling at them for everything they did.

She watched Jack throw his hands up in defense and yell about something unknown and probably completely ridiculous.

She smiled softly, realizing he’s another face she’d miss greatly. The rest of the guys… well, she didn’t know them very well, so she couldn’t exactly say the same. She’d miss Jack and Alex enough for all of them, she was sure.

“Katherine!” a voice called, snapping her out of her thoughts. Katherine turned, just to see a girl walking towards her. “I’ve heard so much about you,” the girl smiled, tucking a piece of her light brown hair behind her ear.

Katherine forced a smile back, confused to who this girl was and why she was speaking to her, but she opened her mouth to greet her regardless. “Hey…” she trailed off, unaware what to call her.

“Sorry,” the girl laughed, her brown eyes glowing, “I’m Kara. Rian’s girlfriend?”

“Oh,” Katherine nodded, feeling more at ease. “Well, it’s nice to finally meet you.”

The conversation ended at that, both girls’ heads beginning to drift towards looking at the boys loading up their bus, and Katherine mentally smacked herself in the forehead for not carrying on with it. It’s not that she was really that shy, she was just a little… socially awkward. She had absolutely nothing to say to this girl that she had the potential to become good friends with, and she wished she did.

“I’m going to miss them,” Katherine shook her head, making the smile falling right off of Kara’s face. “Sorry to be a downer,” she spoke quickly, instantly regretting speaking at all.

“No, it’s fine,” Kara reassured her. “Sometimes I wish they weren’t going to go do what they love. Then maybe they’d be as upset as I am,” she laughed lightly, “or they could just stay home forever.”

“Agreed,” Katherine responded whole-heartedly. “And this is only tour number one for me.”

Kara smirked at that statement, making Katherine laugh.

“What?” she asked, “You look like Alex when he has an idea or wants something.”

“How are you and him?” Kara asked, a smile playing on her lips showing that she wanted all the details.

“Good.”

“Oh come on! Alex has a whole skit of things to say about you when it’s only him and the guys,” Kara smiled, making Katherine blush. “Rian tells me all about it; it’s adorable, really. It annoys the shit out of the guys, though,” she laughed.

“Alex’s ego is big enough, I don’t need to say anything for him to know he’s—“

“He’s what?” Kara asked eagerly, genuinely excited for Katherine to finish her sentence.

Katherine hesitated, biting her lip before sighing, “Amazing.”

“Aw! That’s so cute!” Kara cooed, her features lighting up. Katherine just laughed lightly and rolled her eyes.

“Five minutes!” They heard Flyzik yell from a distance, ending the conversation completely, causing both girls faces to turn serious.

The two looked over just to see that Lucy was chasing Jack around their bus, but being ten times faster, Jack caught up to her, him then getting to chase her. She let out a squeal as he got closer, running towards Alex and gripping onto his leg, making all of them laugh. Alex bent down and picked up Lucy, cooing at her, making her laugh with whatever he was saying.

Katherine smiled at the scene playing out before her eyes, almost afraid to ruin their fun as the two got closer to them.

“Oh, hey!” Jack waving frantically, noticing them first.

“Jack attack,” Katherine nodded acknowledging him, then make her way over to Alex.

Alex smiled at Katherine as she stood next to him, putting Lucy down to wrap his arm securely around her waist.

But all she did was smile weakly in response.

By that point, the whole usual happy-go-lucky group of kids were replaced by a non-fitting depressed-looking one. To an outside source, they probably wouldn’t even be recognizable.

“Guys, time to go!” Matt yelled, throwing his last-minute bags in the bus, and jumping it in it himself.

“Bye,” Katherine whispered softly in Alex’s ear as she hugged him.

“Don’t say that,” he ordered, “This isn’t forever; this isn’t goodbye.”

Katherine nodded slowly against his chest, clinging onto him for dear life before he released her and she continued down the line, hugging everyone else, too.

“If he screws up, it’s your balls I’m ripping off, Barakat,” Katherine whispered harshly when she reached Jack, and he just nodded, laughing in response.

She kissed Alex once more before letting him disappear into the All Time low bus.

The boys all waved to the three girls and vice versa, until they were completely out of view. Katherine sighed, turning to Kara standing besides her.

“I’m going to miss them,” she repeated for what seemed like the hundredth time that day.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guyssssss (:
I wanna thank all 60 of you that already subscribed and the 6 of you that already commented for me doing well, absolutely nothing, haha. so thanks!
also, if any of ya'll are new readers, hello there, my name is Julia, how do you do?

this is boring and uneventful, meh. gimme some time to spice it up!

comments? subscriptions?
oh, and check this out, please (: