‹ Prequel: Sick Little Games

Cause a Scene Like You're Supposed To

You don’t trust him, do you?

Alex Gaskarth didn’t know what he was doing; his clear thinking was blurred by the smell of perfume and the intoxication floating throughout his veins. A girl sat on his lap, smiling slyly as she made her way around his body. Alex wasn’t even sure who she was.

Any other day, Alex would have thoroughly enjoyed the lap dance he was getting. But not now. Not lately. Not anymore. No, at that time, all he did was stare into space, completely unresponsive to the girl.

She huffed when she realized that no matter what she did, Alex’s state wasn’t going to change. She kicked him in the shin before walking away, leaving the boy to groan in pain in response. He sighed, rubbing his bruised shin while gulping down more of the beer that he held in his hand.

“Come on, dude,” Rian came up behind Alex suddenly, speaking gently as he made his way to where he was. “Let’s get back to the bus and sleep, alright?”

“Yeah, okay,” Alex agreed, standing up wobbly as Rian helped him back to their bus. Rian slammed the door behind them as the two stepped inside.

“Shit man, could you shut that door any harder?” Alex groaned, clutching his head with one of his hands to try to cure his major headache.

Rian opened his mouth to speak, then closed it, deciding against it. He mumbled under his breath before moving aside, allowing Alex to make his way through the bus aisle to get to his bunk.

Alex’s head hit the pillow instantly, but even though he was completely exhausted, he couldn’t fall asleep that night.

All that floated around his head was the complaint of his raging headache, the mystery girl, and Katherine.

Eventually though, he was able to slowly drift to sleep.

-----

Katherine Murphy was honestly nervous about Kara arriving that evening, and she wasn’t exactly sure why. All she knew was that there was a light queasy feeling sitting in her stomach that she couldn’t shake.

She sat on the sofa with Lucy, both squirming around, waiting impatiently for the doorbell to ring.

When it did, both of them jumped slightly, causing them to giggle amongst themselves.

Katherine stood up and opened the door, allowing Kara to pass through. She smiled, walking through the doorway and into the living room where Lucy was sitting. She cooed at her as Katherine put in a movie, the two girls watching it silently, except for the occasional chatter when the characters did something ridiculous, and the laughter when the comedy started kicking in. Lucy drew pictures throughout it, showing them to the two every once in a while.

“So, how do you like Alex?” Kara asked as the credits rolled down, turning to Lucy.

Katherine’s jaw dropped, shooing Kara away jokingly, but Kara just giggled in response. Lucy smiled, her eyes turning brighter as she shook her head up and down vigorously.

“I’m taking it you like him, then?” Kara grinned, and again, Lucy shook her head up and down.

“Why are you so obsessed with Alex?” Katherine laughed, a tint of jealousy forming on the tip of her tongue. In a way, she wished her and Alex were good friends first, like him and Kara. Though it sounded ridiculous because she was dating him, she was jealous of their friendship and the trust factor that comes along with that.

“Alex is like my brother first of all,” Kara stated, making a disgusted face in response, “And I’m just excited he’s finally got a girlfriend, okay?” she shook her head, her smile breaking through again.

Katherine shrugged, not really wanting to hear how her boyfriend never has girlfriends because he’s too busy moving from one girl to the next. She still didn’t fully trust that boy, and she couldn’t stand it. She always had built everything off of trust in the past, and now she was making exceptions, all for Alex Gaskarth.

“You don’t trust him, do you?” Kara asked, as if reading her every thought. Katherine shrugged in response, nodding her head up and down slightly.

“Warped Tour’s a big place,” she stated in monotone, making sure none of her emotions broke through.

“I know how you feel,” Kara stated, and Katherine inwardly groaned, because she didn’t. “Fortunately, my boyfriend doesn’t have the reputation yours does,” Kara added, as if reading her mind again.

“Yeah,” was all Katherine could muster out.

Thankfully, her ring tone broke the awkward silence.

“Hello?” she pulled it to her ear too fast to even look at the caller ID. “Oh, hey,” she smiled, hearing a familiar voice on the other line of the phone.

“What are you guys doing?” She asked, looking at the clock on the side of the room that read past midnight.

“Drinking. Party,” Jack’s slur came through the other line, and Katherine just laughed off her annoyance. She wasn’t mad at Jack, or any of the boys, more so she was mad at the alcohol itself.

“What’s Alex doing?” Katherine asked, avoiding the thoughts in her head that were telling her she didn’t want to know.

“Asweep,” Jack yawned, “Rian’s pissed at him,” he added.

“Why?”

“I dunno,” he yawned again.

“Go to sleep. Tell Alex to call me tomorrow if you even remember this in the morning, will you?”

“Okay. Bye Katherine.”

“Bye Jack."
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for all the feedback lately (:
I just got back from my lil' vacation, and it was nice to come back to.