Do You Dare Me Jasper Hale?

Chapter 1

As the sun rose in the sky and its rays shone through the open curtains, Grace knew that this wasn’t where she was supposed to be, and as she turned her head to the right, the naked man next to her only confirmed her thoughts more.

I’d done it again, she thought.

The sheets fell away from her body revealing bruises and dried blood in some places; as she carefully ran her hand gently over them a tear slid down her cheek.

As she looked up Grace was met with a fall length mirror, her hair knotted and tangled, her eyes caked and smeared in mascara and heavy eyeliner, her lip stick smudged and her lips swollen and tender.

“I don’t know who you are anymore Grace” Her mother had said to her.

She looked away from the mirror, ashamed, and hunted around the bedroom for her missing clothes, finding them scattered around.

“Why are you doing this?” Her mother had shouted at her, her face crying out for Grace’s
answer.

“I don’t know” Grace had whispered.

After slipping on last night’s clothes and finding her purse on the bedside table Grace made a hasty exit. However not before taking one last glance at her actions last night, the man only grumbled and turned over his bare back now facing Grace, and that was all it took for Grace to come back in to reality.

As she shut the front door behind her, Grace wasn’t sure what to do next. Her feet began to ache in the cheap plastic heels, her bare shoulders cold and chilled from the fresh frost of the morning, and her head heavy and painful from last night’s excessive drinking.

As if someone had whispered it in her ear, Grace looked at the forest in front of her. The crisp autumn leaves and over grown trees stared back at her, almost inviting her inside, as if the trees themselves held secrets. With the shake of her foot, she kicked her heels in to the road and made her way bare foot in to the forest, unaware of what lurks behind the gentle breeze and fall of the leaves.