Do You Dare Me Jasper Hale?

Chapter 2.

It wasn’t long before Grace realised she was going round in circles, then again she always knew she wasn’t much of a nature girl. She cursed herself when she knew that she was now lost, she couldn’t find her way there and she couldn’t find her way out, everywhere looked the same. The same earthy brown bark, the endless leaves floating around, and the tree’s as they over lapped each other from above and looked the same as the next one.

“Shit” Grace leaned against the bark and racked her brains for an idea before it got dark.

As minutes past and the sun filtered through the trees, Grace was still none the wiser on how she going to get out. If she kept on walking she might get herself more lost and deeper in to the forest, if she stayed where she is, no, that’s not a possibility.

“Lost?” A voice whispered.

Before Grace even had a chance of being frightened, she was instantly calm. A figure emerged from behind the tree and walked towards Grace, but she didn’t scream, she didn’t run, and she didn’t panic. Grace stayed exactly where she was, but her hands clenched in to tiny little fists.

“What are you doing here?” She asked her voice hard.

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that question?” His voice soft, like if the wind blew it might blow away.

“No, you haven’t changed, then again I’m not surprised. You never visited.” He took a step forward, while Grace held his eyes with her own.

“I wasn’t welcome anymore; you knew that as well as I did. What are you doing in the woods Grace?”He stood a foot away from her, his cold stare never faltering.

“You were welcome; you left because you were scared!” Grace yelled, his face turned to stone at her words. “I waited for you every single night! But you never came; I needed you so much that night. But it doesn’t matter anymore, past is the past right?” Her voice was cold now, almost bitter at her own words.

“Why are you in the woods Grace?” Again his voice was soft, his eyes focused on hers.

“Why do you care?” Grace turned on her heel, not caring if she was walking the wrong way again.

His hand grabbed her arm spinning her to face him. “Because I- Why are there bruises on your arms?” He pulled her closer ignoring her protests.

His fingertips gently traced the bruises, his eyes fixed on her arms. When he got to the top of her shoulder, Grace wrenched her arm out of his grip, now running full pelt through the forest. As branches scratched her arms and face, she kept on going, praying that she would see the road again.

Soon the sun was beginning to fade, and Grace knew it was useless. She collapsed in a heap on to the ground, breathing in the damp soil, just waiting, almost counting the minutes she would hear his voice in her ear.

“What’s the point?” His voice caressed her ear. 2 minutes she thought to herself, quicker than last time.

Grace continued to stare at her dirt, she ignored the protest from her ribs as she laid on her side. “There isn’t any more” She whispered, a tear curving down her cheek.

“Then why-“ She could feel him lean down to her, his breath raised goose bumps on her neck.

“To get away from you Jasper Hale, to at least try” Grace mumbled, as she closed her eyes and rolled on to her back.