Im Not Insane

Shadows

(Raylie PoV)

“I’ll see you Monday morning, Bright and early Ray!”

My Co-Worker Ann called out to me as I exited the glass doors of the busy office building of New York City. The cars and lights and sounds enveloped my senses as I smiled and looked up at the towering Skyscrapers as I walked. I ran my fingers through my layered hair as a strong wind blew.

In the immense city crows I normally pushed through, I noticed a large man with a mysterious black fedora who looked out of sync with the modern crowd. He wore a dark shirt, with black pants, and black sneakers.

His hair was also black and he had eyeliner running down his cheeks ending in a point. I saw chocolate brown eyes peer at me past the fedora and a smirk graced his thin lips. he passed me and lightly brushed my arm. i whipped around to see he had disspeared in the swarm of people.

That was weird I said scrunching up my face and picking up my pace.

A heard a loud slam and I jumped. Looking around frantically I realized it was a man exiting a yellow Taxi on a blackberry. His eyes caught mine, and I saw him pause. I thought I had seen him smirk, but when I looked again, he was gone in the mass of people. I clutched my chest and laughed uneasily at my jumpiness.

I saw a dark figure stand out in my periphery and I turned to face it. A tall skinny shadow was cast across the pavement, as people crossed the street, but I could see no figure that would cast it. Was I the only one seeing these things? I could feel heavy eyes cast in my direction watching my every move.

I could see the building where my Condo was, and I began to walk faster, weaving my way through the crowd having to constantly excuse myself. The dim streetlights cast the looming shadow on the streets. I could feel the eyes of the dark figure still on my back as I increased my speed. I reached the door to my building and fiddled with my key in the lock to let me in. I pushed hard on the door and closed it behind me trying to slow my breathing before I would suffer a panic attack.

I made my way up to 206, my place and placed my purse on the glass table and walking into my bedroom. My dog Shadow came up to greet me as I bent down and pet her.

“Hey Shadow.” She responded with a happy bark and licked the side of my cheek.
I slid out of my work outfitand into the shower. I heard a tiny commotion from outside as I washed my hair, but I shrugged it off thinking it was just Shadow running around. There was a window in the bathroom behind the mirror, and as I was stepping out and I wrapped my towel around myself I could have sworn I saw piercing hazel eyes from the reflection in the mirror.

“ Ah!” I shrieked, jumping back from the mirror before I wiped away the fog from it seeing my face become clearer.

“Its just me..” I told myself over and over trying to shake it off.

I blew out my hair and changed into my pajamas.

Walking out into my bedroom, Shadow ran in and sniffed and whimpered at my feet. I pet the black furred dog before climbing onto my bed. She leapt up and made herself comfortable. I clapped my hands twice and the lights turned off. I leant my head back into my pillows.

“Night Shadow.” I could have sworn that from the window near my bed I heard a rough male voice say with a sinister laugh.

“Goodnight Raylie.”

My eyes shot open and my breath quickened I stared into the darkness. I looked at Shadow on my bed curled up and I tried closing my eyes once more rassuring myself.

“I would be safe.”

*********

I smiled brightly as I realized it was Friday. I didn’t work at the office today. I got dressed for the day in my casual clothes, and also to take Shadow to the park.

“Shadow come here!” I called loudly holding her leash and letting the metal links around her collar jingle.

She came running over and I hooked her leash ready to go. We walked down the street and passed many stores and buildings before seeing a sign for Central Park. On the way, we were reaching an unlit alley. It surely stood out from the rest of the sunny setting but Shadow and I just walked on by.

The sun filtered through the tall buildings, but the heat hit me dead on and i reached to adjust my fedora so i only had one hand on the leash.

Suddenly, Shadow began to struggle and bark loudly, catching people’s attention and pulling in a forwards direction and she was pulling me with her. Out of nowhere I saw a quick slash of a blade and Shadow broke free, running full speed, sending me backwards from my pulling efforts. As she ran off, all attention was on Shadow.

“Shado!-” I yelled but a firm hand clamped over my mouth muffling my speech, and another pair of hands catching me from falling onto the pavement. I was dragged into the back alleyway where I heard the voices of men bouncing off of the cold brick walls.I was dropped on the cold floor, next to a stray newspaper, and in the middle of a circle of dangerous looking men. I could barely see anything except for the dim sunlight filtering in.

“ Vengeance we have her.” Who I realized a tall lanky man with tattoos and a labret piercing.

A man who was in black jeans and a grey dress shirt hanging over his belt, with stunning green eyes and jet black hair knelt down to me and touched my cheek with his calloused fingers. I felt a tingling feeling when he touched me and I shrank back shutting my eyes. I feared him immediately. He let out a light chuckle and smirked at me with a evil expression, standing back up. There wasn’t something right about him.

I was roughly pulled up by a large man with aviators and a lip ring and thrown over his shoulders. I screamed loudly while I kicked my feet and punched his back, but my hands began to hurt and I grew tired.

“Whoa, calm down!” the man with the aviators said as he held my legs down, seeing as I almost hit him in the face.

“The fuck i will!! I don’t know who the fuck you are! Put me down damnit!!” I began to scream and thrash again.

“Syn put her out.” I heard a gruff and annoyed voice call out.

A man with spiky hair and chocolate eyes walked up to me with a white cloth. His eyes almost looked sorry, but he couldn’t pull that off with me. He put the white cloth over my mouth, and As I grew weaker and weaker, the last things I remember are being carelessly tossed into the back of a truck, my fedora falling off of my head, and the forward motion of the car making my head hit the window.
♠ ♠ ♠
Otay my lovelies! this is my second story and im still wokring on all of the basic shit with it so just hold on.
Sorry the first chapter is pretty short, I hate writing short chapters but it was necessary.
Can i has comments to continue?
Oh and I dont know how to make those kick ass banners so if somone could make one for this story?
Love. Life. Vengeance
(edited_)
R.Vengeance( who writes)