Status: going for it<3

Assurance

Look Who's Back Again.

Image
I think I might have somewhat enjoyed school before winter break, but it seemed like now I despised it. The time seemed to go so slowly during the long learning periods and my patience for it to be over was overbearing. I threw myself into conversations just to pass the time until I got to go to my other life. My other life felt like the time I spent with Oliver. I felt not like a different person, but as if I had a different attitude. I was happy and content during my life outside of school. It wasn't forced like when I was trying to reason with Kylie over hair color or talk to Veronica about university.

"You really should let me dye it for you." argued Kylie. She had been on my case about dyeing my hair for the past week or so.

"I'm not having this argument with you again!" I laughed. "Just swing by my place whenever you feel like this weekend, and I'm down with it."

"Are you serious?!" squealed Kylie, I guess she wasn't expecting me to cave today. I had been fighting her off for about a week.

"She's gonna fuck up your beautiful hair." said Amanda, letting out a laugh as well.

"Oh well, I guess a change is alright. Not like I'm becoming a bubbly blonde anytime soon."

"So blonde is out!?" mocked Kylie and we all laughed.

"You guys are a riot." I said calming my laughter.

"So Amanda, tell me about the bloke you were cozy with last night." said Jana.

"Not too cozy at all. He smelled like salami to be honest." Amanda replied letting out a giggle. "Decent guys just don't come around, and if they do, they already have some girl on their arm at all times."

"We all need a decent guy. Prom isn't that far away." said Jana.

"Fuck prom, I need a decent guy period." snapped Amanda and we all started to laugh once again.

"I hear you Amanda, that's a good point. Being alone is no fun your last year before university." sighed Kylie. "This is when all the epic shit is supposed to happen. It's all almost over."

"Awww, it is." said Amanda is a mock sad voice. "I'm going to miss sitting here and talking shit with all of you guys." she said and Kylie threw a napkin at her.

"That's not funny Amanda."

"She's just saying though, we'll probably still be around after school's over. It's not the end of the world." said Veronica. "I mean, the only one I can see really leaving Sheffield is Kris."

Of course.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"Come on Kris, we all know you don't want to stay here. It's just a matter of time before you leave." replied Veronica.

"Yeah, you hardly let a guy nor anyone else get too close to you. You hate your mum and are pretty smart. There's nothing holding you pack from leaving this place." said Amanda.
.......................................................................................................................
"I guess, it just kinda rocked me that everyone can read me so well." I admitted. I was laying with Oliver in the hammock in our backyard, covered in a sea of blankets. I was telling him about the statement at lunch about me leaving.

"I can see where they get that whole idea from, but it's not all you are." he said quietly. "It's not like you're waiting for the first train out of here. I guess it's just easy to see you aren't meant to end up like everyone else."

"What do you mean?"

"Look at your mum and maybe a lot of women in your family. They were born in this city, went to university here, married, had kids and are still here. It's easy to see that's obviously not the life you want."

"I can see where you're going with this, Amanda really did spot it right on. She was talking about how there's nothing holding me back, not my mum, not anyone." I said, thankful he was lying behind me so he couldn't see my face. The silence told me he knew where I was getting at. After contemplating what Oliver's mom had said and what Amanda said, the question had been burning in my mind.

"I'll always be here love, not necessarily here, but here for you. I want to travel and live all over the world, but in the end, I think I'll always come back to Sheffield." he said before pausing. "Wherever you want to go is your own choice. You need me, I'm there. If you need to find who you are without me, then I can accept that. I'm not that selfish." he said with a forced laugh. There was a slight tension in the air, what Oliver had just said took me by surprise. He would follow me wherever I wanted to go, but he would also let me go if I asked him to.

Choices.

"You know Amanda actually, she's Betzy's cousin." I said, trying to clear the tension.

"That's the Amanda you're talking about?" he said in surprise.

"Yeah, why?"

"Just not the type of girl I'd figure you'd hang with. She's proper crazy that one, at least she is when she's drunk." he recalled.

"I can only imagine. I don't know much about her, she's a pretty edgy girl though."

"Don't see her as much anymore, she used to come around a lot with Betzy but it all suddenly stopped."

"Whoo hooo! I know you're in here! Saw the car out front!" said a voice I only recognized as Kylie. I turned and groaned into Oliver's shirt.

"They're here." I mumbled and he laughed lightly.

"Well, if it isn't Oli dear and Kristiny." said the sassy voice that belonged to Amanda.

"If it isn't that slut known as Amanda." countered Oliver and I giggled as we started to rise and get out of the hammock. We entered my kitchen and it seemed as though our whole clan of girl's had come over. They all stared at me for a second, then to Oliver's tall frame hovering behind me.

"You must be the Oliver bloke." said Veronica to Oliver who I guess was taken by surprise by the large sum of females suddenly in my house. Veronica, Kylie, Amanda and Jana all started back at us in my kitchen.

"Yeah, hey everyone." he said awkwardly and Amanda let out a groan.

"Sorry boy, but she's ours this afternoon. I'm sure you'll see her later." she smirked.

"I'm going somewhere with Oliver tonight, how long is this gonna take?" I asked. Dyeing hair couldn't be that big of a job, and I was really looking forward to whatever Oliver was planning for tonight.

"It's alright love, I have a feeling I'll see you again today." he said stepping forward. "Bye." he mumbled while wrapping his arms around me in a hug.

"Goodbye Oliver." I whispered as I melted into his arms. I felt slightly awkward knowing everyone's gaze was on us two.

"Nice to meet you all." he said as he released me. "Take care of her for me ladies." he added, giving me the signature smirk before leaving out the side door. It turned and the girls were looking at me funny.

"Really Kristiny? That's Oliver?" asked Jana.

"Yeah, that's him." I chirped, trying to tidy up my messy kitchen. I swear Oliver turned it into a tornado every time he entered to make a simple grilled cheese sandwich.

"He's gorgeous!" gushed Veronica and I laughed.

"That he is." I laughed.

"I'm serious, how are you not dating that?" asked Kylie, setting up bottles of hair product on my counter.

"Oliver's my friend you guys. I don't think he sees me quite that way." I said as I sat on the barstool with the rest of the girls.

"Seems pretty into you from what I could tell." said Amanda.

"He's so charming, a little scary looking with all the tattoos but dark almost mysterious." said Jana.

"Yeah, that's it exactly. How did you guys meet?" asked Veronica.

"The wedding." I answered simply. I guess there was a reason I kept my situation with Oliver in the dark. He was my own little secret to me, the one thing that was solid and dependable to me. All the attention I was getting from the girl's about it was exactly the reason why I kept it in the dark. I didn't want it, I didn't need it. They put thoughts in my head that just complicated my already racing mind.

"So, I'm thinking a darker brown that'll just stick out more for the most part." said Kylie. "Your hair it just really gonna pop."
♠ ♠ ♠
so this was just a filler,
and i must say im sorry.
ive been selfish and kept this story to myself.
it's almost all written out and just waiting to be posted.
thanks so much for the comments being posted
<3