Status: going for it<3

Assurance

Mr. Stranger

"You really did do a great job!" laughed Veronica. Kylie was finally done with me, even though she still didn't let me go in fornt of a mirror. I thought I was gonna go mental while sitting in the chair and listening to their gossip and analysis of me and Oliver. I couldn't wait until they were out of my house and I could have my friend back.

I had come to the conclusion that everyone seemed to think Oliver and I were either dating or just having sex.

Either one, they were wrong.

"You didn't fuck it up at all, nice." commented Amanda.

"You'll look great for the party tonight." commented Jana.

"Wait, what!? What party?" I asked in surprise and they all started to laugh.

Oliver. He knew about the party and had every intention of taking me there tonight. I didn't realize that's why he knew he'd see me again tonight when I told him bye.

"Yeah, it's not too far from here." said Veronica as we all shifted towards my closet.

"I don't think I'm in a party mood though." I sighed. Either way, I knew there was no getting out of this.

"We'll make you in the mood." said Jana invading my closet. "Now pretend you're somewhere else and let us have our way with you."

About an hour later I finally came out of my dream world. I don't think there was an inch of my face that Amanda hadn't doused in makeup. They dressed me in one my long shirts that barely covered me mid thigh along with a lacy pair of leggings and a thick belt. If that wasn't enough, they added a pair of heels.

"Are you ready to see yourself?" gushed Kylie turning me around to my full mirror.

My face.

I hardly recognized myself. I looked so smooth, so refined, almost like a doll. My eyes never looked so big and bold. Then my hair. It was a bright and shiny vibrant shade of brown almost red. My newly defined bangs and the wavy layers she cut in blended nicely with my skin.

I looked, well good, as if I was going somewhere extravagant. I didn't look nearly anything like my usual self.

"What the hell have you guys done to me?" I whispered and they started to laugh.

"Oli dear will eat his heart out tonight." snipped Amanda. I could only imagine what Oliver would think, something told me he wouldn't like it. I mean, this wasn't me at all. Out of anything I could see him laughing first before gazing.
..........................................................................................................................................
We arrived at a flat on the other side of town, an area nothing like mine. The girls were non-stop giggles and excitement on out way to the drive and I was a little apprehensive on not taking my car. I didn't think Amanda had intentions on being sober tonight. I tried to push the uncomfortable feeling aside but I was failing. Even before this whole Oliver ordeal, I was never really a party person. I was always afraid of making rational choices I would regret later.

"Everyone have their phones? Just for God sakes call or text someone if you're leaving with someone else." said Amanda, shooting me a smirk before opening the door to the flat. The scene before me was complete and utter mayhem. There were so many people. Lights. Noise. Dancing. Such an array of people, I had no clue what to do. It looked like I was on my own, because while I was observing, the girl's had scattered.

Shit.

"Looking for someone?" said a voice behind me. I turned and a tall lanky boy was looking me up and down with no shame. I didn't reply but walked into the crowd of people, wanting to disappear. As soon as I dispersed in the mess of people I was enclosed. So many bodies touching mine, hands and limbs mixing with my own. The music pounded into my ears I was moved in different directions. I slapped a hand away from my leg and groaned to myself.

After about five minutes of this, worry started to set in. I scanned around me for some sense of safety while someone's arm wrapped around my waist from behind and swayed me to the beat. I turned my neck rapidly and a rather attractive guy grinned down at me. My scowl faltered as he continued to have me move with him. I turned from looking at him and his soft hands gripped my wrists and guided me out of the crowd. He surpassed me laughing to himself and gripped my fingers loosely and led me to a outside balcony.

"I'll be right back." he said before dashing out before I could say a word. My head spun as I sat in a lounge chair and took out my phone.

where are you? i might be raped soon. I typed quickly and sent to Oliver. I didn't know who this dude and I was thankful for him getting me out of the chaos, but I was still kinda skeptical on how he just kinda took me.

"It's proper chaotic in there." huffed the stranger, coming out to the balcony and closing the door behind him. Mr. Stranger sat across from me and handed me a red cup as my phone buzzed.

youre so dramatic, love.

uh oh...he just gave me a red cup... I replied and looked up. Mr. Stranger wasn't focused on me at all, but was looking out into the city. In this light, I could actually see him. He was quite handsome, maybe of hint of Irish there. His semi-short black hair stuck out in a few places and he was dressed like most out in the room; tight blue jeans and a long-sleeve grey shirt.

"I didn't spike it." he laughed, abruptly turning towards me. I blushed slightly and took a sip and to my surprise it was only a rum and coke.

let's hope he's good enough in bed for you to remember I groaned at Oliver's dry humor and slipped my phone back into my pocket. I looked up and Mr. Stranger was gazing intently at me. I expected him to tear his eyes away, but he didn't.

"Is there a reason you're looking at me like that?" I said boldly.

"Yes." he said, holding my eye contact.

"And what would that be?" I said smartly.

"You're beautiful." he said simply and I felt the blood rush to my cheeks.

"Oh, well I guess that's a decent reason." I muttered in embarrassment, taking my phone out once again and he started to laugh.

im on the balcony I typed quickly to Oliver and looked up again.

"Is that how you usually react when people tell you you're beautiful?" he asked.

"I don't get that one very often." I admitted to him.

"You should. You're absolutely gorgeous I mean." he said rather bluntly. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably. "You're doing it again! You're not good at compliments."

"I'll work on it." I sighed, taking a few large gulps of my drink. I needed the edge right about now.

"So Ms. Beautiful, what are you doing here tonight? You didn't seem to enjoy yourself a great deal in the crowd."

"I'm waiting for a friend." I sad steadily. Where the fuck was Oliver?

"Is that why you keep glancing at your phone every few seconds?" he smirked.

"Yeah, I guess." His charming eyes were getting to me and I shifted my gaze yet again.

"And what's this friend's name?"

"Oliver."

"He must not be a good friend, this Oliver." he said shaking his head slightly.

"Why would you say that?" I snapped.

"Because he's not here and he obviously doesn't let you know how beautiful you are enough."

"You don't know-" I started before the balcony door opened. Oliver's eyes landed on mine for a split second before they shifted toward Mr. Stranger.

"I'll kill you!" screamed Oliver in rage, lunging for him and Matt N. was behind him pulling him back.

"Oli! Not now!" shouted Matt, tugging Oliver back.

Mr. Stranger stayed seated, looking amused.

"Oh, Oliver afraid of someone harming his puppet?" spat Mr. Stranger, standing and laughing. Wait what, they knew each other? Oliver shoved out of Matt's grip, and stepped forward. The tension on the balcony was thick.

"Stay away from me, and more importantly, keep away from her." he said coldly, venom dripping from his voice.

"Or what? Gonna round up your buddies on me again? Gonna put me in the hospital this time?" said Mr. Stranger with a smirk and I gasped.

"Oliver, what's he talking about?" I nearly whispered, rising from my stunned position in my chair. Oliver's eyes faltered to me, his eyes with a deep sadness. A sadness I hadn't seen since that night at the party at his house when he left me.

"Like I said." started Oliver, as he tore his gaze from me. "Stay away from her." he snapped once again at Mr. Stranger. He put his arm on the small of my back, leading me out of the balcony.

I couldn't help it and looked back, his eyes instantly on mine. "Don't forget what I told you, angel." he said to me, his smile sweet and sincere before Oliver blocked my view, stepping behind me.

He grabbed my hand, leading me into the kitchen and grabbed the cup I was still clutching and tossed it into the sink. "Let's just enjoy the rest of the party." he said, sliding an arm around my waist and pulling me toward a crowd. He was trying to avoid whatever just happened.

"No." I said, slipping out of his grip. "Maybe that's my mistake tonight, letting everyone lead me everywhere." I said, and turning towards the crowd. I felt him right behind me the whole time, as I weaved in and out of the crowd toward the exit. I finally got outside, and reveled in the cool air. I turned towards Oliver who was staring at the ground.

"I want to know what just happened in there! Why that just happened." I snapped. He stared me in the eyes, mouth slightly ajar in shock of my sudden outburst. "And you're not gonna tell me." I whispered. His eyes said it all. Whatever his situation was with that guy was one part of Oliver that he obviously kept away from me.

He grabbed my hand softly, twisting my fingers with his. He pulled me close to him, kissing the top of my head. "You're absolutely beautiful, love. Not just tonight, but you always are." he said sincerely and quietly. I was stunned, I mean he had given me subtle compliments before, but never anything as meaningful as what he just said.

I shook my head and looked up at him. "I've never asked you for anything Oliver. I let you tell me everything about you in your own way. Whatever we've become, I've never questioned anything. I let you in and I trust you more than anyone in this world. But please. Just let me in, let me know what's going on." I pleaded.

His eyes stared down at me, before saying a simple "Why?"

"You were so angry. I've never seen you like that. Whatever this is, it affects you greatly." I shuddered and looked back up at him. "I just want to be there for you." I whispered, looking down.

"Love, this has been going on longer than I've known you." he said quietly, making me look up. "And you may have never realized it, but you've been here for me since the day I've met you." he said while wrapping his arms around me. "You're my only escape." he said, calming me and rubbing my back. His word were so much to process and I sunk into him reveling in them. If me not knowing was best, and it's what he needed, then I could accept defeat. I nodded silently into him and he sighed heavily. "I've asked so much of you Kristiny, I've let myself into your life without ever asking if you wanted me here. I don't think I could bare to lose you right now."

"You don't have to."
♠ ♠ ♠
so thanks again for those comments,
they were pretty rad yo.
mibba is effing up on my computer,
so sorry if i don't reply.
and yeah.
thanks
:)