Status: going for it<3

Assurance

Never Again

Image
Breakfast at Sonny's in twenty minutes.

I peered down at the text message from under my covers. I got up and threw a pair of jeans and a random t-shirt on with pair of flip flops. It was still winter in Sheffield but the snow had calmed down and my feet need to breathe from the hells yesterday. Along with a sweater and my bag I was out the door and to the diner within twenty minutes.

"Kris, over here!" said a chirpy voice near the back and I turned and saw Charlotte waving me over in the back. I took in her morning disheveled appearance like mine. Her short now red hair stood out in the tiny joint.

"I missed you so much, you have no idea." I whispered as I enveloped her in a tight hug.

"I just talked to you last week for two hours, what's changed since then?" she laughed and we sat down. I noticed she ordered my favorite sample plate for me. I never really could decide on one thing.

"Not much, one more semester of school and it's all over." I sighed.

"Have you told your mum yet?" she said cautiously.

"Told her what?"

"That you're not going to university here."

"I don't want to go to university here. No one said I wasn't."

"We both know you, you're not gonna go through with it. Just tell her before it's too late." We had been having this conversation for weeks, and each time it ended the same.

"I'll tell her soon. Let's talked about something else."

"Well how about this one, what about the guy you were all cosy with last night? I swear that slow dance lasted for an hour." she said and a blush appeared on my face.

"What about him?" I shrugged.

"You two were endearing, what happened? How'd you meet him?"

"At the bar. He just came up and told me to sit down with him. Kind of a peculiar guy, but I was thanking the heavens for his company."

"He was quite the looker." she smiled and I nodded.

"I know, he was gorgeous. Don't think I didn't notice your smirk as you pushed us to dance." I fake scolded her.

"You should be thanking me, my mum was coming and she would have died at the sight of you drinking Jag like that. Not even eighteen yet..." she tsked.

"I needed it, I was about to go crazy. I just feel really stupid though."

"Why?"

"We just really enjoyed each other's company, not much talking. All I know is his name, nothing more."

"When you left, he didn't ask or anything?"

"He didn't really get the chance to. I went to the bathroom and on my way out mum told me we were leaving and dragged me off." I grumbled. I really did try my best to go back to him but mum was being edgy.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah, so I'm sure he thinks I stood him up or something." I mused and Charlotte laughed.

"Oh well, he was good entertainment at the wedding for you. You didn't have to run around for my mum like-" she started but was cut off by my phone ringing. I groaned when I saw it was my mum.

"Yes mum?" I said into the phone.

"Where are you?"

"Breakfast with Charlotte. What's up?"

"Charlotte's gonna come with we sister's and your grandma for a visit to the winery." Charlotte heard and groaned, setting her head on the table.

"What does that have to do with me?"

"One of Lyle's family member's is gonna drop of some more forgotten gifts from the wedding at your grandmother's, so I need you to be there."

"Who's Lyle?" I questioned.

"The groom!" She screamed and Charlotte started to laugh.

"Okay, I get it. We'll be there in twenty."

=========================================================
And then you put it in the chopper and BAM! It's done!
Just like that Jim?
Just like that Pam!


You know you have no life when you're sitting on your grandmother's all-white suede coach watching informercials. I had always liked them, although I had never in my life bought a product from them. The people on informercials were just as fake as people on reality shows. I had been sitting here for over an hour waiting for whoever to come to the house until finally the door bell rang.

"And if you call now, we'll include the Amazing Chopper Mini!
Jim are you crazy?
Crazy for this product Pam!"


I walked over and opened the door and my mouth hung slightly agape. There stood Oliver twirling keys in his hand staring back at me with a box at his feet. His appearance was what really caught me off guard. With the tuxedo I couldn't see much besides his hands but now in his low hanging v-neck I saw the ink embedded in all over his body, even up to his neck. His skinny frame was exaggerated by jeans that seemed to be painted on him. He studied me while I studied him and I realized something. Oliver and I had met under somewhat strange circumstances. We were both made-up like something we usually weren't and took solace in each other's company for one night. Meeting someone you figure you'll never see again is amazing, you can be anyone you want to be. Which is why now that we were standing in front of each other in our normal forms, we had no clue what to do.

"Uh, I came to drop off this stuff off." he finally said, shuffling his feet.

"Of course, come in." I said, moving aside so he could enter with the box. I saw him look around my grandmother's apartment in disbelief.

"It's so, white." he whispered and I let out a laugh. From the carpet to the walls to all of the furniture, everything was the

"Yeah, grandma likes things simple. Impossible to clean though." I laughed again, trying to relieve the slight tension in the air.

"I could imagine." I said flashing me a smile and slipping off his shoes and setting down the box.

Maybe that meant he was staying...

I watched in slight disbelief as he waltzed into the kitchen and opened the fridgerator. I leaned against the counter, watching him take all of the ingredients out for a sandwich.

"I'm sorry, but I have the shakes. I didn't eat this morning and I spent the night in Rotheram. I t was a long drive over here and I didn't stop."

"It's fine." I said getting him a plate down. "I'm sorry about last night. My mum caught me in the bathroom and we left right after."

"No worries, I made my way to Rotheram not soon after you left. Not before getting chewed out by my mum for having two bottles of Jag at my table."

"Wish I could have stayed and helped you finish them."

"Me too." he laughed. "I'm afraid to sit down, it all looks to clean."

"Take a seat on the sofa, she has the annoying plastic on it." I said, plopping myself down on the sofa. I pulled my knees up to my chest and watched the infomercial, letting him eat his sandwich in peace. I tried to ignore how he close he was to me, but it was hard to to study his tattoos adorning his arm.

Just think of all the amazing things you can with your Amazing Chopper!
Mixed meals made easy!


"Are you seriously watching this shit?" he said, looking at me like I was crazy with his mouth half full. I nodded at him while rolling my eyes and turned back to the tv. He quickly grabbed the remote from the other side of me, his arm slightly brushing my stomach. I watched in amusement while he fiddled with the remote before getting frustrated and just turning the television off. I turned towards him and we held each other's gaze for a moment before I broke the silence.

"I've drank with you, danced with you, you come into my granny's house and make a sandwich, and turn off my show." I stated simply.

"And what does that make you think?" he asked with a laugh.

"It makes me realize I know jack shit about you." I smiled.

"I like that you don't know much, people judge right off the bat." He said seriously.

"So you don't want me to know anything?" I retorted, slightly confused.

"Never said that. I just want you to get to know me for yourself instead of me telling you. Let you pass judgement yourself." I didn't understand a thing he was saying. Did he mean he didn't want me to get to know him?

"I don't get it."

"You're not supposed to, love."
♠ ♠ ♠
i have two subscribers, would you guys like to come forward and comment?
haha, i need positions in the story if you're interested :]
thanks for reading :]